G4 Hummer / Where to ride in Adelaide?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bLaDeY

Reaction score
Hey there Guys,
Have been spending a bit of time reading stuff on here as I just purchased a Tomahawk G4 Hummer off ebay which all going well should be here on Wednesday coming up.

Yes, some may say a piece of crap but given I'm giving 30 a nudge for some crazy reason after all these years I never realised I had the urge to jump on a motorbike for the first bike and don't need anything special.

I don't mind fixing things so I'm all for it and heck I will have a lot of fun in the process.

So I guess from here a couple of questions.

Is there anything I should be looking out for initially, have had a look through the guides Snitchy has put together albeit from a different bike which is a good starting point.

From my reading it's a good idea to change the oil after the first run, Motul seems to be the go, I would imagine the viscosity would be covered in the manual when it arrives.

Where do you guys go riding in Adelaide or surrounding suburbs? Given I have never touched a motorbike before flat ground would probably be best, for fairly obvious reasons :)

Thanks

Cheers
Darren

there is a thread devoted to riding spots in SA. use a good qulity 4 stroke motorbike oil 10w40 or 15w50, motul 1000 is a good one. tighten all the bolts, locktight is a good idea

Thanks for that guys, which oil ie 10w40 or 15w50 would be more suitable for the 250cc engine?

Oh yes the locktite, I learnt that one with the awesome tutorial Snitchy put together, reckon I've got some out in the shed.

All going well everything should be together and ready to roll Saturday morning.

Any idea how much JAMS costs for a day out there?

It was $15 per bike over 125cc not that long ago,

and $10 for under 125cc.

But if thats not correct now than its somewhere around $10-$15

Thanks guys.

What fuel are you running? I'm thinking BP Ultimate as that's easy enough to get and all I run in my car although that's just a tad different. or on the other hand is it best to just run standard unleaded in them?

when u change ur oil, make sure you use a mineral oil and not a synthetic or you can stuff ur engine. Once you've put half a dozen tanks of fuel thru her you should be right to change to switch to a synthetic as all parts will have had enough time to bed in

Last edited by a moderator:
use mineral oil which is motul 1000 20/50 mineral oil for running it in then switch to motul 5100 10/40 semi synthetic after that. Yea BP ultimate is good.

mmm I did the oposite, started with valvoline 10/40 semi-synthetic then switched to valvoline mineral 20/50.

Well I dont want to confuse anyone so dont take my advice haha.

I dunno because motul 1000 only comes in 20/50 and 5100 comes in 10/40. But you could just not use motul.

oh ok because there was someone on one of those china 250's and I thought it could have been you.

to be honest they are pretty slow bikes, but they were alright in the enduro track.

Slow is good :) For starters anyway, don't want to kill or injure myself on the first outing.

Bike should be here tomorrow now so I'm all excited, I'm already looking at what's on offer from Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha camp, think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself there for the time being though.

Riding in S.A

Hey man i seen this post most people say go race on a track but thats amatuer work.. i used to always ask people when i stoped at places if they know of anywere else etc etc after a while i got to know a bunch of people with tracks in there back yards and my best mate just bought 4 achres of land if you drive around Lewiston for a while you will also find theres tones of backyard tracks full set burms table tops cross overs etc etc best of fun and its FREE :p or go to kamakaze Desposals, everyone says there dodgy but beleive me when you can slip a bloke $25 and get suspension worth $160 and jacket it underneath the camera im happy they also have flyers for places to ride and propertys with 90 achres of land etc etc happy looking bud!

If you can drive a 5 spd, you can ride a moto =) well in a way i guess it helps you know the basics of how the clutch and all that should go.... definatly locktite....

upgrade the chain to a heavy duty one too... wouldnt want that to go through your foot....

then just have fun riding !!! can always do some reading on riding techniques aswell and put those to the test...... slowly but surely it can make you a better rider !!

sit in the apex of a turn and kick your foot forward to move momentum to the front wheel so it can track around a corner better too..... dont want to fall over.... =P or just drift around it like some guys if your gutsy enough for it lol

Latest posts

Back