Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
Couldn't work out how to tag in my other thread so started a new one just for this bit of info to hopefully help others out in the future.

So I did some part number searching on the net, and eventually found a spanish outlet selling genuine parts real cheap, picked up a cylinder with piston kit brand new for $300, with all the gaskets etc I was only set back $500 inc postage.

The Parts Have now arrived and I have put the engine back together this weekend, I found it very hard to track down useful information to time the engine, so I will try and explain how I have it set up to hopefully help out someone in the future.

After a lot of searching I finally found this website,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/12dr3u4e6h...nual_02-03.pdf
It is for the 450 but they are identical except for the obvious displacement difference.

You will notice in the instructions on p150 it says to turn the engine to inner dead centre (p.m.s.)
Whats that you ask? Certain dictionary results say to "see TDC", and p.m.s stands for Punto Muerto Superior
which is Spanish for Top Dead Centre, so I'm pretty confident thay mean TDC.

And by follow the instructions my results are this,
[/IMG]
iframe>

And there is no TDC mark on the flywheel so I had to use a screwdriver through the spark plug hole to find tdc. As below,
[/IMG]
iframe>

So essentially with the engine at TDC the intake cam will have number 3 vertical and no.2 horizontal and the exhaust cam will have 3 vertical and 1 & 2 horizontal. And if you count the pins in the chain starting from the no.2 and count accross to no.3 there will be 15 pins in total. Mine looks like 14 but when the slack is taken out it is 15.

Hope this all helps
I have not yet run it yet but will let ya know if it all fails lol.

Last edited:
wow, i read page 150 of that manual 5 times and still don't quite understand it, lol
+ reps

yeah, the whole time I was thinking why couldn't they just have 2 mark to line up with each other like all the other manufactures. I just hope that after all this it is actually right.

updates on this?
Wouldn't mind a gas gas myself.. guess i will stick to the wr for now

Yeah just had it running yesterday and it ran real well. Putting the finishing touches on it now and will have pics soon.
It's. Pretty advanced little thing, wiring everywhere. Great project

Pics will come soon, here is a quick vid, of it running nothing special though still running it in.
[video=youtube_share;lQg9L_HdAco]http://youtu.be/lQg9L_HdAco[/video]

Latest posts

Back