Gear box on shongshen

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineRider

Reaction score
hello.
ive been having a problem with my gears on my 140 shongshen.

when i go for a ride and the motor warms up a bit, the gears get really stiff and nutural is near impossible to find while the engine is running, it also tends to jump out of gear and sumtimes even jump into nutural while changing from 2nd to 3rd, or even 3rd to 4th, it is like there is a nutural between every gear.

is there anyway to fix this or is my gearox f%#*ed.

ive had a look around and found a couple of the same problems but with a different engine like lifan or sumthing, and im pretty sure the zongshen has different gear setup to other engines,

can someone help me with this? thanks

how long have you had this engine?
the neutral shifts you are getting are a result of it only half shifting gears...

if the engine is still under warranty i would be ringing the seller.

if it isnt then youll have to pull the clutch cover off and see if the gear drum and detent spring is tight.

also if you pull your magneto cover off youll see a rubber bung above the sprocket. pull the bung out and youll see a 10mm bolt in there... undo the bolt a little(half a turn) and see if the gears fell different..
but dont leave this bolt loose or ride it that way...the bolt stops the gear drum from floating back and forth..

engine is no longer under warranty. think ive had it for nearly 3 years.

will give it ago

undo the bolt a little(half a turn) and see if the gears fell different..
but dont leave this bolt loose or ride it that way...the bolt stops the gear drum from floating back and forth..

how am i sposed to see if the gears are better if i cant ride it with the bolt loose:confused::confused:

Latest posts

Back