Gear box probs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikeboy

Reaction score
Hello,
Does any one know how to stop my pit pro xr from going into neutral when i down shift into corners on mx track.
Obviously the selector drum must be stopping half way in between the two gears and hence vammoosh over the berm i go.
I dont like to jump on the gear lever like im putting a fire out.
Is there a spring that can be stiffened up on the drum?
Can some one give me some advice please.

There is a detent spring but it's most likely the bolt that holds the shift star that's come loose ...... you'll have to remove the clutch cover to check .......

Earlier 1 d 3 up Lifans used to skip gears and the fix was a special modified shift star .....

It seems that all the hype about the 1P56FMJ's having better trannies with stronger gears than the Lifan 1P55FMJ's is starting to show cracks ...... :p

thrash the cunt out of bike on straights for 1 full tank
and slips stop. i happened to me, gear up slip and gear down. got told to thrash it hard hard. and i havent had a gear slip since

I ride my bikes very hard and this pit pro is only a beginner for me as i think i will step up to a big wheeled pitty with a worked 150, but for now the gear changes are helped via a slight fanning of the clutch (just enough to allow the gear to slip in whilst the throttle is full tap, no backing off!! alright!!! thrash the girl.
Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated and so it seems i need to pull the covers off to see whats goin on. Any special tools required?
Bike boy:eek:

watch the language dude

what the fuck is wrong with half of use. use dont swear like if you do you get punished. grow up, its not school, for fuck sake get a life and use it, you only get one chance

what the fuck is wrong with half of use. use dont swear like if you do you get punished. grow up, its not school, for fuck sake get a life and use it, you only get one chance

and when you say get a life and use it you mean go and use language like that...no one thinks your a bit tough guy for swearing...and there are minors on this site that dont need to be exposed to such rubbish. :mad:

yeh come on bro, yeh i swear more than id probbly like too but thats when im at home or out riding case i cant make the new double but theres like kids as younge as 5 or 6 and even younger and they dont need to read it and start saying it.. if your gunna swear bro go for you life but just dont type it on here ;)

You guys are carrying on your rubbish on a tech thread! if you have a problem with swearing then find that members profile and contact them, Dont use the thread to carry on with your crap, its not what this site is about.

Latest posts

Back