Gear ratio

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monsterpitbike96

Reaction score
Hey guys a have a Suzuki ts185er 2 Banga beast hits 140 tops but i'd like it to go faster more quicker its a bit on the top speed side of gear ratio I want more acceleration like more get up and go I'm currently running a 38 on the rear and a 12 on the front i would like more acceleration straight up thanks for any help

and are you due for a new chain?

if you have a look on your rear sprocket, you may spot a few stamped numbers, that may help me find something

i would go for a 45T rear sprocket then,
it will drop your top speed down to around 115 - 120 kmph ?

also using a 45T, it will allow for you to fine tune it, with a bigger front if needed.
but it will also need a new chain, being a 7 tooth difference in what you currently have.

i will ask my mate if he has any rears in that size, and let you know

also using a 45T, it will allow for you to fine tune it, with a bigger front if needed.
but it will also need a new chain, being a 7 tooth difference in what you currently have.

Ok cheers mate

really i wanted to just change the front sprocket cause is rooted and the rear sprocket is brand new

ok,
if it is anything like my IT200, an 11 tooth front sprocket is about as small as you can go
the nut that holds it on gets in the way of the chain

ok,
if it is anything like my IT200, an 11 tooth front sprocket is about as small as you can go
the nut that holds it on gets in the way of the chain

i'd go with a big rear sprocket but the guy that owned it before me used a lot of locktight and when i took the bolt out one broke off inside but if i had to id spend some coin on her... but im going to need a new clutch, piston, reeds maybe a port and polish

so for a lower top speed and more acceleration ill need a smaller Rear sprocket
no a bigger rear will give you faster acceleration, and a slower top speed. like a 45T rear sprocket i mentioned before
changing the front sprocket tooth to be 1 tooth smaller, is like about 4 teeth bigger on the rear

i'd go with a big rear sprocket but the guy that owned it before me used a lot of locktight
a gas blowtorch can help with that,
heat up each bolt till a bit of smoke comes off it, then the loctite should have let go.
don't go cooking them, 5-10 seconds should be enough.

no a bigger rear will give you faster acceleration, and a slower top speed. like a 45T rear sprocket i mentioned before
changing the front sprocket tooth to be 1 tooth smaller, is like about 4 teeth bigger on the rear

a gas blowtorch can help with that,
heat up each bolt till a bit of smoke comes off it, then the loctite should have let go.
don't go cooking them, 5-10 seconds should be enough.

ok ill go with a bigger rear sprocket and for the bolts 1 is already snapped

Latest posts

Back