Genuine Thumpstar help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristian

Reaction score
its an o5 thumpstar pro 125 hunge,i had 1 of these new when they 1st came out,i started doing same thing you are wanting to do, i put a good piep on, cdi bars and few other little things and with in 6mts that parts i put on it were worth more than the bike,i was racing mine so, not sure if yours will be going through the same punishment as mine?
Value of it? 700?-850? is hard to say as get prob bikes as good new for that now?
Upgrades? front rear susspension.
Cheepest best way to get more speed out of a bike is just ride it!!no use having all this HP. if ya cant use it.

I love these bikes

Model: Genuine Thumpstar pro hunge 25 (125) 2005 model
Engine: Jailing 124cc

Price is hard to judge for these models , they are often flogged quite hard. The forks are usually dead / dying due to sticktion building up and grinding away on the alumium rebound rod which in turn leaves shaving through the forks internals basically pre-maturaly earing every component out. Then you replace the seals and rarely do the seals re-seal. VMC / freak50s use to do all the work to the forks internals to get them to work like marzocchi's but arnt around anymore?

The motor's: If its the original , more than likely is on its way out. The motors on these tend not to last real long like the previous years 110's/90's/70's.

Shock: Limited adjustment on the RPM unit , Only preload adjustable. Can externally adjust the rebound but need a pump. Also tend to leak and snap on the lower part of the shaft.

Bars: Fake , not genuine pro tapers. Too shallow bend and too wide.

Brakes: Shit house , no feel or modulation. Hardly work and are heavy bastards

Frame: German tuv certified frame , heat treated 6061 cnc'd aluminium. Will not break , quite heavy but cant brake it. Swingarm is preety tough too.

Wheels: Tough hubs and rims. Poor stock tyres , I hope they still arnt on the stock tyre.

Tank: petcocks leak easy.

If it has heaps of problems , the frame is the only thing on it work keeping so $200 the rest are spares. If everything is in perfect working order , unflogged and immaculate $1200 is a good buy. If its ridden , quite well maintained , preety straight the $750 your paying for it is preety reasonable if not a good buy.

its an o5 thumpstar pro 125 hunge,i had 1 of these new when they 1st came out,i started doing same thing you are wanting to do, i put a good piep on, cdi bars and few other little things and with in 6mts that parts i put on it were worth more than the bike,i was racing mine so, not sure if yours will be going through the same punishment as mine?
Value of it? 700?-850? is hard to say as get prob bikes as good new for that now?
Upgrades? front rear susspension.
Cheepest best way to get more speed out of a bike is just ride it!!no use having all this HP. if ya cant use it.

+++++++++++1111111

Suspension needs work , best off replacing the unit. I will take the forks off you for a good amount (pm me) for a side project.

Ride it , instead of sitting around trying to get more power. A gpx160 would hook in one of these things but usually too fast for most people potiential. My 88cc gets the best of me and is too fast if I've been too lasy to ride it regularly

ok ive already posted this but didnt get the answer i was looking for

Well might not be the answer you were looking for but it's probably more trouble than it's worth .... sorry bruz but that's the news.

Any second hand china older than 2 years is bad news unless its absolutley imacculate and original , thats the safest bet.

Back