Genuine z50j australian complied frame question.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longlivethe50's

Reaction score
Hey
I have found a genuine 1977 z50j rolling frame.
Has got a australian compliance plate. Has all numbers ect.
Just wondering how much they are worth?
Thanks

not much mate , i can take it off your hands if you would like to sell , i can prolly scrape up a hundred bucks plus shipping ;

Haha I ain't stupid. I have been offered $700 for it already.
I was told of another bloke that guys buy just the compliance plate & frame number for $500, sounds dodgy..
Ya might be able to pick up a old honda minitrail frame for $100.
Good luck hero

its a J1, bare frames with plates attached go for anywhere between 300-500, JZ bare frames with plates attached tend to fetch a little more. As for selling the plate without the frame, you're right it is dodgy and some have been caught out when later on someone tried to register the frame that the plate came off, the guy that offered to buy the plate is probably wanting to put it on a late model import. But hey if he wants to give you $500 for just the plate, why not sell it to him, grind off the numbers on the old frame and build a cool offroader.If it were me i'd put the frame on ebay for 450 bin, then sell the forks, wheels, swinga,tank etc. seperately probably make the most that way

Last edited:
how would you go about registering one if you dont have any papers or details of the original owners??

If its got a comp plate and a reciept, get a rwc and register. If you dont have a receipt just fill out a stat dec at vicroads or your states licencing authority and as long as its not reported as stolen your good to go. If its got a comp plate you can register in any state. Compliance plates weren't introduced till late 75 on z50's so earlier models dont necesarily need one for rego but certain states wont rego them (i know hardtails are hard to register in vic) unless they have been rego'd before and the numbers are already in the system

Haha I ain't stupid. I have been offered $700 for it already.
I was told of another bloke that guys buy just the compliance plate & frame number for $500, sounds dodgy..
Ya might be able to pick up a old honda minitrail frame for $100.
Good luck hero
i aint a hero im a owner , you say your not stupid , and some offered you 500 for a frame with plate and your still pondering what to do ,,, idiot

to tell you the truth mate i couldnt care less what you get for it , and if some1 pays 500 for the frame there bigger idiots than you
there around and still able to pick them up for 50 to 300 ,

have fun

Complianced J1 Frame

Hi

Motodevo is pretty well on the money for an average bare J1 frame at present for $300 - $500, the better the tag the more it is worth.
The $700.00 you were offered for the roller is a fair price depending on how much of a roller and how good a condition it is in.

When the non complied 40th anniversary Z50 model first come out they were fetching up to a $1000.00 for a J1 or JZ frame.

Snitchy is right that if you look around you will find bargains for well under $300, as the $300 to $500 price range is the EBay average price. I picked up a bare tagged J1 frame recently for $100.

Be careful if you just sell the tag and numbers, as it may come back to bite you on the butt with the police knocking on your door.

Cheers

Jaimie

Last edited:
I see, was just curious that's all as I thought $700 was alot & I only described it over the phone. There's 2 sets of wheels, 2 tanks, another set of genuine bars and clamps, hubs ect. That's probably why he said 700
More than likely just restore the frame, sandblast & powder coated then hold onto it.

your holding onto somthing im pretty sure it aint ya bike

anywyas best o luck and dont be so quick to jump down a persons throat , i wouldnt evan want it as i said i have 1 and no need for another , i only have 1 arse

my offer was a free bump and get the ball rolling , should have sold it whae ya had the chance

Relax Buddy. It was on my pop's farm nd he has passed away. So it has sentimental value I guess & a good mate offord me the 700.
How did I jump down ya throat, what would ur first thought be a guy has offered ya 700 nd another bloke offers ya 100. My thought was he's trying to rip me off so I'll give him Some cheek. And I don't appreciate being called an ideot either. I let it go b4 thought I'd be the better man but ya come bak nd accuse me of jumping down peoples throats & say "I'm holding onto something" like I'm shady or somthin.
Anyway Yer that's kool bud, but don't forget about ya boyfriend using ya arse to..
I had no real intention of getting rid of it just curious as to how much its worth like I said.

i paid 700 for this with a spare tank, engine, bars,gaurds, headlight and speedo a few years ago(values have dropped a little lately) and i reckon it was a good price

stevescamera082.jpg

I reckon you have the right idea, fix er up and sell off the spares to fund it. J1 tanks with no holes in them pull over $100, headlights with glass and speedo's intact pull over $200, etc.

Relax Buddy. It was on my pop's farm nd he has passed away. So it has sentimental value I guess & a good mate offord me the 700.
How did I jump down ya throat, what would ur first thought be a guy has offered ya 700 nd another bloke offers ya 100. My thought was he's trying to rip me off so I'll give him Some cheek. And I don't appreciate being called an ideot either. I let it go b4 thought I'd be the better man but ya come bak nd accuse me of jumping down peoples throats & say "I'm holding onto something" like I'm shady or somthin.
Anyway Yer that's kool bud, but don't forget about ya boyfriend using ya arse to..
I had no real intention of getting rid of it just curious as to how much its worth like I said.
you miss quoted me i called you a dipsh!t and an idiot , by the way English do you speak it

Latest posts

Back