Geoff's DHZ 140 into a KTM build on the cheap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey mate i know what you are trying to achieve cheap and easy but i think it needs some more orangeness :)

How much has it cost you so far geoff? including the bike?

Costs

Bike 500 off ebay (Bargain cause it still had all the nibs on the tyres so it was brand new)
Honda Plastics $22 (seriously)
Ktm guard and front number plate First quote was $65 for acerbis but they didnt have any so i went polisport for $99
one inch up and forward risers $42 (best investment ever)
Gripper Seat cover 21
Paint $12
Stickers were free from Gecko in Canberra closing down. Still a few more to go

so far $676. still need more stickers to tie it all together.

I have also pained a few more bits and moved the oil cooler so it is vertical. I also had to re attach the back of the guard cause i thought it looked out of proportion cutting it off.

anyhoo i'll post some new photos soon (cause i have not taken any yet.)

g

did the front guard bolt straight on?

Nah it didn't but all it needed was 3 new drill holes and viola. ps this is what it looks like now.

DSC00223.jpg

is it a KTM 65 front guard? i think i need to put one on my KTM 85 as it looks silly with the 12 inch motard tires.

is it a KTM 65 front guard? i think i need to put one on my KTM 85 as it looks silly with the 12 inch motard tires.

You have a ktm 85? I'm jealous. does it go like the clappers?

yes its a polisport knock off 65 guard. In my opinion the 50 is too short and makes the bike look out of proportion. the original honda 50 guard looked hideous because it was so short.

i owned a husky SMR 610 and it had both motard and dirt bike wheels. i had the same problem. the motard guard looked fine till you put the dirt wheels on. So i bought a ktm guard for it then it was in proportion.

i seem to have a thing for ktms huh?

Looks great mate, i bet you fool a few people at first glance lol.

Well done.

Ta i love it but i would totally understand someone hating it. in fact t that is what im looking for - a reaction. either way is good.

No reaction is what would bother me.

i'm not famous for being a shrinking violet.

yeah i had to put a supermoto front guard on my CRF450. it looked stupid when in the tarmac.

KTM 85 cost me the same price as a used pitster pro or motovert and yes it goes ape S*** when it hits the power band in every gear. with 4 more HP and 2 more gears than my fellow china competitors, i hope to be flying.

Dam man. that looks just like my KTM! i had to look at it for a while to see if it really was a 'fake'.

Geoff, thats your kinda bike.

Latest posts

Back