Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na it was a bit hesitant down low but when it got to a certain RPM it was like a power band.. I think maybe the larger valves kill the bottom end, yours is the V2 so it could be worse again down low because the valves are even bigger. I will eventually upgrade to the V2 myself but I don't want to have to give up my billet covers and oil cooler just yet..

ah so im not alone then , Bean said the same thing , hes had it on the dyno aswell , he said a stroker crank should clean it up ?
Did the stroker crank clean up the bottom end on yours ?
haha yeah tb were smart making the heads so you can only run their cam covers

Yeah the stroker crank makes a huge difference, it has torque all over now.. I think the valve sizes are better suited to the 108cc. 108 is the biggest you can go at the moment with the V2 head, I would be very interested to see what difference it makes with the new rocker roller head on a 108 compared to the older race head. The covers look nice on the new head but if spent hundreds on billet covers so it feels like a waste..

R.I.P billet covers. but if they're in good use you could get some coin for them to put towards the v2 head.. Bike looks mint as it is right now, you wont need the new head ;) loving the build updates man keep it up

Got a few new parts in the mail today..

Two Bros kick starter
5ataby4e.jpg

Rental rear sprocket
7a8y4e8e.jpg

Lightspeed chain guide
6anatety.jpg

Damn Gerro, you must know the postie by first name eh. We still require a jap and china build of the year threads. I maintain bro you got my vote. Jap build of the year.

Thanks boys.. Yeah I need to buy shares in Auspost.. Haha. I got the kick starter of a bloke on PM it's pretty much brand new.. I will post some more pics up soon..

Just threw the new parts on.. There is nothing better than working on your bike out in the shed, listening to music and having a beer..

a8azymus.jpg

umaryrug.jpg

sik gerro, you would get some good leverage kicking the beast over now mate, that carbon guide and the.......well **** it everything looks awesome and top notch bro.

Thanks bud.. Need to buy a klx110 as well and start all over again.. Haha

Well i cant wait for that one, is always a pleasure checkin out your threads gerro. So by all means get a klx dude

Cool bike gerro. Real sweet! :)

Yeah its good past time working on bike.

Got my Bigminis hub in the mail today, just need to order an Excel rim and some spokes and will get this thing on the bike.

uda3esej.jpg

Also went and picked up my Fox Float MXR, I was amazed at how light it was when I first picked it up..

esy9amat.jpg

8yvy4eje.jpg

I will post some more pics once I've got it installed..

Last edited:
Fox floats easily the best shock for a-style , ill be getting another one for my 88 to swap out my elka one day.

Nice hub and clean as build !

Cheers mate.. I was looking at a Marzocchi shock but everyone seems to be sold on the Float. I couldn't get my hands on a CRF50 version so I ended up getting the KLX110 shock, which has stiffer valving. The shop that I bought it off is the Australian Fox distributor and service centre, they said they can revalve it to be the exact same as the CRF50 version if it doesn't perform properly. As far as the reducers at each end of the shock, the shock seemed to fit perfectly and was easy to install.. I still need to set it up but I'm going to have a read through the owners manual before I start.

Few shots of the shock on the bike..

yga9y6er.jpg

3a8u3eny.jpg

upy5ehaq.jpg

damn that shock is neat looking bro

Cool man :)
they musta had them in stock aswell thats heaps good.
I got my klx fox shock set on 3 with like 110psi air in her, On my 10"bike with plus 3 swinga. Hands down the best shock around for mini :)

Latest posts

Back