Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that setting 3 on the AVA or on the rebound adjuster? I set my AVA on setting 2 (softer end), it was set on the softest setting when I got it but I didn't want to stiffen it up to much because its already got the stiffer KLX110 valving. I've set my rebound adjuster to the middle setting but I'll see how it feels once I put a decent ride on it. I put 100psi in the shock to do my initial sag check and that's about as far as I got this arvo, I did have a bounce on it and it felt pretty plush, I think I'm definitely going to have to increase my pressure and possibly my AVA setting.

Bought an 12x1.6 28H black Excel rim today to mount up to my new Bigminis hub. Should hopefully arrive tomorrow or early next week then it of to Bean to have him lace it up.. Spokes are being painted satin black as well to match the rim..

Decided against painting as I wasn't confident in painting them myself and having it last, I figured I would just polish them up instead..

3amezany.jpg

uvaseteb.jpg

quvy2eby.jpg

Looks alot brighter now. be time consuming job too id reckon

Yeah they looked like they were galvanised before I started.. It's pretty time consuming but it feels good to see the end result..

Nipples done..

5agege4u.jpg

Got my wheel back to today and was stoked with how it turned out. Here's a few pics..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358934340.650739.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358934364.764531.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358934392.531174.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358934408.888126.jpg

Here's a couple more..

a8edy2uj.jpg

5anyqupy.jpg

3y2ygesy.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358995743.179289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358995743.179289.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 14
Looks heaps cool front wheel set up now you have bean working on

Cheers boys.. Photos don't do it any justice..

I have got another pipe on the way from the states, it's an FMF 4.1c Titanium..

It's brand new still in the box.

e4ytuje8.jpg

That pipe is wicked mate this thing just gets better and better, do you have a misses cause if ya do that is one understanding woman.

Yeah one of the nicest ever made.. My wife in pretty understanding when it comes to my hobbies.. Haha

She's nasty that pipe , should sound angry as with big girl
Are you heading up glenbawn dam this weekend ?

Na mate I can't it's my wife's b'day so we are probably going away.. Has Bean had a chance to stroke your motor yet??

No dramas
Yep it's in , picking it up tomorrow and dropping it off to Jamie to
Put the new head on

wow thats a nice lookin pipe! stop building such a nice bike! do you know how much youve spent so far? lol gotta be up near 10k?

Cheers man, I fix my insurance up the other day and it was 8.5k with the new wheel and pipe.

yer true, i can see why you insure it lol. who do you insure it through?

JLT dirt bike insurance are the only one I could find to do it.. It costs about $300 a year for the agreed value of the bike and insures you against fire, theft and damage in transit. The bike still needs to be locked to a fixed object in your shed/garage/car for the insurance to be valid but its good piece of mind.. Give them a call if your interested they are really good to deal with..

Nrma insurance automatically covers motorbikes up to 75cc on your contents insurance , if you have contents insurance with them

Latest posts

Back