Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the only reason I would think about not getting a primmy is because I can't use my pipe.. A Harley would be the ruin of me I think, to many parts available to buy.. Haha. My mate has a 1944 model WLA Harley that I'm going to give a hand with though..

I put the heat Ti FMF heat sheild on tonight.. Some pics..

epyvyny9.jpg

urusymas.jpg

Last edited:
Still can't believe I won over your bike dude that's one hella serious 50 and your attention to detail is insane hate to think how much you have dumped into it. But enjoy it

Small update.. I got a number plate hanger for my zokes a few weeks ago and had a chance to cut the plate and install it last weekend..

bazy8ade.jpg

I have got a zeta tank washer to replace the stainless washer, just waiting for it to show up.

I also paid for a brand new set of Bigminis triple clamps this arvo, I bought them of a bloke on Planetminis so they are coming from the States. The triple clamps look red in the photo but are actually orange, I am having them re-anodised to match my red Bigminis front hub. There is a bit of stuffing about in getting them re-anodised but in the end I will have a pretty unique front end because Bigminis only ever made these clamps in orange. The anodising process requires the stem to be removed so the clamps will be making a trip to Bean Industries to have it pressed out, after that it will be posted to the Anodisers down in Sydney. Here is a picture of the actual clamps.

dy4uhesu.jpg

Save something for ya missus to get you for xmas Gerro lol. Good stuff mate, got a site or name for the anodizing blokes in Sydney. Top stuff

Thanks guys.. The place I'm sending it is called Anodizers which are located in Mortdale, Sydney. I have emailed them with some details and they said it would cost approx. $80 to have it re-anodised..

thats a pretty good price. I wouldnt ming getting my forks re-anodized, though I herd the closest place was in brisbane so I havnt bothered with it yet. looks like ill have to get onto these guys too

I would look into hard anodising, which Anodizers don't do. Have a look at Rachtech's website, they offer in as one of thier services. The only problem with hard anodising is that there isn't a great range of colour like normal anodising, that copper/brown colour that Pro Circuit uses looks awesome though..

Got my Lightspeed carbon fibre bash plate today..

I'll post up another picture soon, of it on the bike..

aru6e7y2.jpg

Here are some photos of it on the bike..

ese2eqyh.jpg

epupy3y4.jpg

udaja7a8.jpg

ujezynu9.jpg

ezyrejut.jpg

Im keen on getting some fork tubes re-anodised... DO you know what the process is and roughly how much Id be looking at?
I called a few places a while back, but no one would strip the old anodize off them, so I gave up.. :(

I can give you the details for the company that I am using, they are called Anodizers and are in Sydney. They will strip the anodising and than recoated them. The best coating for the fork uppers is called hard anodising, there isn't many places in Australia that do it and even less that are prepared to do small jobs for the general public. Hard anodising has really limited colours (dark purples/browns/greys etc.) where normal anodising there is quite a good range.

Back