Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol , i thought you would switch to a primmy , yeah takie is the way to go mate , love takie stuff , just expensive
you keen for a ride this sunday ?

Yeah I was just waiting for the right one to come up at the right price.. I could have done the Taki 4v instead of the BBR setup but 124 with a +2 would be unridable plus I can get Taki stuff anytime but BBR stuff that is in good condition is getting harder to find these days.. I can't really get out for a ride this weekend mate, I've been away with work all week and need to put in some QT with the family.. Thanks for the offer though mate..

Thanks mate but that title definitely goes to Bean.. Haha

Im likeing the white paint job! must say :)
Don't think ive sean one like that before cool stuff.

You could always put it together white and if you don't like it, polisher it up!

I'll have a look at the frame kit when it arrives, the white might grow on me..

I hit a bit of a snag when I was installing my clutch, the Kit that comes from CHP doesn't include a manual shift shaft of clutch lever.. I still need to grab the shift shaft but the clutch lever came in the mail today..

4ude8aza.jpg

yrepeme4.jpg

usy4u2e2.jpg

Looking good, thought you would go perimeter. Mine was all green
When I got it, put it back to the normal colour. Not keen on doing that again. But I do like the white. Haven't seen a white one before

What do you think of that f3 series lever? Looking for a decent lever for my kxf, stock lever is pretty average

Just a quick update.. My bike has been sitting in the garage for the last 2 weeks with the clutch cover off, waiting for a new couple if replacement parts for the Takegawa special clutch.. The parts should be here over the next few days, I'm looking forward to getting it all bolted back up so I can ride the thing..

After a bit of a wait my BBR perimeter frame has left Pennsylvania! We had a bit of trouble with the original package size so the bloke I bought it off had to pull the frame completely apart.

tu2y4eva.jpg

ratavyjy.jpg

I ended up getting:
BBR perimeter frame
BBR Super Pro +3 swing arm
BBR fuel tank
BBR fuel cap
BBR chain guide
Light speed tank guard
Elka piggyback rear shock
Two Bros Titanium exhaust

All the parts are new and have never been used but some of the paint has been scratched so I will be most likely stripping it back to bare metal.

I still need to get a new set of tapered bearings, chain and Takegawa swivel intake manifold to get it up and running. I am keeping my current FMF 4.1c titanium and plan on trying fit it to my new Two Bros header..

mepy2yha.jpg

Cant wait to see this thing all together mate! and i like your idea about trying to fit the header to the two bros pipe, the two bros header has nothing on the fmf! :)

ps, are you going to heat treat the new pipe the same as the old one?

Thanks Tom.. I can't wait to get my hands on it so I can start working on it..

I'm going to use the Two Bros header and try and make up a taper to increase the diameter of the pipe to fit the FMF can.. I was looking at the location of the exhaust mount on the BBR subframe compared to my current setup, it appears that the mount is a lot more towards the rear on the BBR.. I have got an idea for a bracket that I could use to mount the FMF can, I just need to work out how I'm going to make it..

I'll post some images of what I've got in mind tomorrow..

I will also be heat treating the Two Bros header the same as I did with the FMF..

Exciteing times , seams to take forever when waiting on cool afermarkit parts.

Lookn forward to seeing her all together with bbr setup! :)

wait...your ditching the other frame ans swinger combo for a BBR setup???

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sold it all except the pipe to help pay for the perimeter setup..

Latest posts

Back