Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to start assembling the bike this weekend.. Here are some of the parts laid out ready to go..

a7ezapeb.jpg

u4u6ysu6.jpg

Looking good gero :) Should be lots of fun , getting your bike all together :)

Think I know where my foty vote will be going....

My goodness that's some excellent work mate! Attention to detail is fantastic, especially with you frame!
Just a quick question as to why you went with your heat treated exhaust rather that a ceramic coating! Was there a method behind it or just purely personal pref?

Thanks mate much appreciated.. I have never heard of ceramic coating, what is involved in that process??

Looks like they do some cool work, I just heat treat my pipes cause I like the colourings that titanium produces when heated and I use a map torch because you would have to be punishing your engine to get it to colour all the way to the muffler.. I did originally look at anodising it myself to produce the colours in the pipe but I kind of like the finish not being super consistent..

Does it fade and colour over with the brownish discolouration?

Sorry to pick your brain mate, it's just I'm trying learn your skill/technique! :)
Not to copy, to understand.

Last edited:
That's cool mate.. The pipe has to be titanium to get the bluish colouring, when you heat the pipe it will start to go a straw colour and then move thought to light blue, darker blue, purple and eventually it will start to go back to a straw colour if heated to far.. As far as the colour fading or discolouring, it will most likely happen if the pipe gets super hot near the head or you get a build up of mud on the pipe but you can clean the pipe up with a some green scour pads and perform the heat treat process again.

Thanks Mick.. Got some of the assembly done today, still got to get a few things to finish it off nuts, bolts, chain and intake manifold.. I also bought a new BBR rear brake kit off the same kit I bought the frame off..

Here's some progress photos..

emujebep.jpg

a2y5e3es.jpg

ade7eny7.jpg

napu6u4a.jpg

upyvenyv.jpg

by5a9y5y.jpg

What more can be said then **** me....I dunno I'm in absolute awe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Shearer but it would look better with you Super Comp haha..

the later model swinga? you mean.
there is time :) you find one somewhere and update your thread again :) cool.

Latest posts

Back