Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up ordering a new rear brake cable last week, the one that is currently on my brake kit is covered in white paint from the old swing arm. The cable is coming from Customhoses, the same place a few of the other boys have got theirs just recently..

I have also located a Galfer wave rotor for the rear brake but I Just have to track one for the front down..

I was also thinking about having my rear BBR hub anodised to match the front hub but Im not sure if I could be bothered sending it away before I get it laced up..

Dual Galfer's will look sweet. and i recon just go ahead and anodise the hub knowing you, you wont be happy with it once you lace it up hahah :)

How is that harsh? Im sure Gerro knows what I mean.

It was a typo in your last message bro. You typed "haven't" instead of "have" all is good. We know what ya meant.

My Hel brake cable came in the mail today, real nice quality and shipping was pretty quick.. I've also bought a zeta rear master cylinder cover and clevis that are anodised red.. I decided to go with the blue cable because it will match my carb and breather hoses..

udydadu2.jpg

Nice one mate their quick with delivery hey, never thought I'd have something on my bike that Gerro has on his even thou its only a brake line haha.

Haha.. We have a heap of stuff the same or similar on our bikes, your taste in bike is just like mine.. I'm hanging out now to get my rim now but I have been cutting back on my spending lately, I went through a stage there were thing got a bit out of control.. Lol. I'm trying to get my part package fix by keeping an eye on your thread.. Once I get the last few parts to get my bike finished, I'm going to enjoy it for a while before I spend any more cash on it, the only thing left that I would like to get is a Takegawa 124cc 4v or the 138cc 4v kit but it is big money and it would cost me a bit in import tax.. I have thought about getting my hands on another Two Bros pipe and attempting do make up twin exhausts, my old boy has a Tig that we could put to use..

Here's a photo of the cable on the bike..
uhatutaq.jpg

Finished polishing my rear hub this arvo..

usasupu7.jpg

7e6yzu6y.jpg

I really wanna know your polishing technique mate, everything you do is faultless. Do you use a polisher or old fashion elbow grease.

I just do it by hand mate, it would be to hard to do on a bench polisher because of the shape of most of these parts. You always run the risk when using a polishing wheel on the grinder that it will grab it out of your hand and throw it to the floor, had it happen way to many times.. The method I typically use is sanding with 800, 1200 grit wet & dry followed by a once over with fine steel wool and a final buff with Autosol.. It's pretty time consuming and requires plenty of patience but I think the finished product is better when done by hand..

Polishing metal is a lot like painting, Gerro's right it's all to do with the linishing process. Personally I prefer a buff. If you don't have your sanding down pat you run the risk of rounding of edges and heat warping.

Cast alloy is the worst, linish hell outa that shiznit!

Spot on mate, one of the coolest things about BBR parts is the machining marks that gets left after manufacturing, polishing by hand is probably the safest method because it is slow..

It takes a very patient person to do that sorta stuff man, I take my hat of to ya! :)

I was a metal polisher back in my late teens early 20's. anything from 20ft bow rails n boat targa's to gym machine bling and mag wheels.

I'm far to impatient and lazy for that stuff nowadays. Keep it up mate, looks great!

Got the rear master cylinder cap and clevis yesterday, I've only had a chance to put the cap on but here's a pic..

syqagupy.jpg

Insane mate bbr parts are so sexy your gonna be so devo the day you get it dirty or god forbid scratch something. When done I reckon it should go straight to the pool room in a red velvet lined glassed case haha.

It would be nice to build one for display and one to ride but I can barely afford one let alone two.. Haha..

I put the clevis on today, the one I used is for a CRF250 so the pin was a little larger in diameter. I ended up drilling the hole in the brake lever out slightly and it fitted up perfect..

mujyveqy.jpg

Just ordered the last few parts I need to get the bike finished.. I ordered an Excel rim from Ashspokedwheelz, Taki swivel inlet manifold form Webike, Renthal R1 chain from eBay and a set of BBR leverage blocks from a PM member (half of which are Shearers). I've just got to get the rim lock, tube and Kenda Washugal next week and I'll be able to bolt it all up and ride it..

Nice , i gotta get one of them manifolds i think .. where did you get the lightspeed chain guide to ?

Super clean build , i don't know how you can make them so clean haha im way to inpatient for that lol.

Latest posts

Back