Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you thought about Natural finish Anodising, eg silver ?

not a lot of places want to redo anodising these days, unless the parts are brand new that is

I managed to find a few places here is Australia that are willing to hard anodise used parts and their prices seem pretty reasonable.. I have seen some forks that had been hard anodised a grey colour and they look great.. I like the look of the matte finish when they are raw, which I was told is achieved by not polishing the legs after stripping the original anodising..

I managed to find a few places here is Australia that are willing to hard anodise used parts and their prices seem pretty reasonable.. I have seen some forks that had been hard anodised a grey colour and they look great.. I like the look of the matte finish when they are raw, which I was told is achieved by not polishing the legs after stripping the original anodising..

matte as in original alloy?

Also blue or bare alloy colour triples might look sweet too?

Last edited:
Silver then it looks like your running air forks
Whilst your getting the forks done you should polish the front hub so it matches the rear hub

You'll have to anodize your lowers to thou mate. Now that would look pimp to match the Ti pipe.

2ahu2u5u.jpg

y7ezy4ar.jpg

Not too much to update on my build.. I've only Ben out on it twice since finishing it off. Everything feels great but a lot heavier than my previous setup. The thing I am the most happy about is it doesn't feel as sketchy as a stock or mildly mod CRF50, it has a much more predictable handling (to an extent.. Haha.) Since my last ride I have felt the bike could do with a bit more power to try and account for the extra weight, I have been looking pretty seriously at the Takegawa 124cc 4v scut bore kits and will most likely bite the bullet in the next couple of weeks..

I will keep you all posted..

In the mean time here is a photo of my workspace.. Note the Sinister50s merchandise..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390816778.648832.jpg

How come you let Ben ride it haha.
Nice mate, you made bite the bullet the other night on an order so get on it. Cheers for the rep, oh and helping me and hooking me up.
Still reckon you should hang it on your wall.

Haha sorry I should have check what I wrote before I posted it or it could be my alter-ego.. Haha.. You probably shouldn't listen to me when it comes to buying **** for your bike, I'm a bad influence.. Post some pics up when it all arrives..

I havent been on the forum for a few months, and that bike changed a lot!
Amazing build mate! That perimeter bbr frame set up looks awesome.
Keep going the great work!

It's been a while since the last update but not much has been going on..

Look what just showed up..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321136.271146.jpg

Boxes inside boxes..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321288.460509.jpg

Can anyone guess what it is?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321364.882500.jpg

Takegawa 124cc 4v+R scut kit
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321494.381527.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321519.401367.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321540.133010.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321562.572349.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392321646.234332.jpg