Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very exciting :) , motor looks sweet as!! get that carb and she be ready to win some Races!!

Got my outer rotor kit the other day and got some free time to put it on last night.. There is a pretty significant weight difference between this and the stock unit, should be interesting to see how the engine revs..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393667440.716790.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393667458.666672.jpg

Got my outer rotor kit the other day and got some free time to put it on last night.. There is a pretty significant weight difference between this and the stock unit, should be interesting to see how the engine revs..

View attachment 9515

View attachment 9516
that kit is the lightest one around, it's even lighter than the Daytona/Lifan 150 adjustable ones.

View attachment 9515

View attachment 9516

what one is that? It looks identical to the one i got from Terry for my YX?

I think most of them are pretty similar except the $1000 Tokyo mods kit..

Got the jets today's so carb went on tonight..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394196209.986147.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394196043.623368.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394196141.043366.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394196153.405769.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394196162.988642.jpg

I started the bike up for the first time over the weekend.. Here is a video of it running..

[video=youtube_share;1GL1k1i0zug]http://youtu.be/1GL1k1i0zug[/video]

After running the TB 108cc with a VM26 carb and having so much trouble getting the jetting right (I still could never get rid of the off idle bog) this setup is a dream. I had got a few ballpark settings from other people with similar setups and the first set of jets that I put in it seem to be right where it needs to be.. The bikes idles great, there is no bogging or hesitation, revs up cleanly and runs at a good temp.

:) Sounds SWEET!!!. Must be super excited & itching to take her out for ride

Damn that sounds mean as for a 50!!

Loving it. Now too loud but loud enough to know it's got some balls.

Thanks Roy.. How's your build coming along?

Slowly mate , just wanted to get the ride day outa the way and ill build it this week , need to play around with carby though we've tried every jet and clip combo on the tb one and can't get bottom end right so ill try a different carb n c how I go , won't be as nice as your build or your previous one but close :)

Have done an update for a while so I thought I should let you all know what been happening.

The bike is back together and running sweet but my rear caliper has a leak, I need to take it off the bike and check it out. I am thinking it may be the seal on the piston that has gone bad. The caliper has never been used but is a few years old..

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

I have ordered some Galfer wave rotors off a bloke in the US to replace the ones I currently have on the bike, I have always wanted to get a set but never pulled the trigger because of the price but they are becoming hard to find so I thought I should get them while I still can. I am looking into braking options at the moment and want to run KX65 brakes but can't find a set of STR adaptors anywhere. Once I figure out the brakes I will be running there will be a heap of smaller bling parts that I will probably get like res cap for front master cylinder, banjo bolts, replacement ASV lever for front master cylinder, custom front brake hose and I will also replace my current Fast50s throttle with a Joker.

Last edited:
I got my hands on a custom carbon fibre CRF70 front number plate, I had to make an adaptor to mount it up but here's how it turned out..

yse5ahuv.jpg

8a2arypa.jpg

4ebeja3y.jpg

e8abuteg.jpg

metu7y9e.jpg

Latest posts

Back