Give a little, Take a little

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As well as having chain lube always have a can of degreaser on hand and spray your chain after (every) ride and regrease with chain lube your chain will thank you AND will look after you! :)

Oh and dont forget to let the pressure out of your forks every now and again with the little screw at the top of your forks....

I always forget that one!

Last edited:
Grease your axles if you need to remove it to replace a tube, and if you cant remember the last flat tyre you had it wont hurt to grease your axles once a year anyway, a dry axle can be a headache.

^^^^^ Just like to add to that. Do this especially if you use a Gerni to clean your bike like I do! My bikes 20 hours old n the rear bearing had started to rust.

To keep your throttle cable and clutch cable lubed use a product called Lanox its lanolin based heaps better then crc etc it doesnt dry out or wash off with water. It will not harm plastics, paints, fibreglass, rubber or neoprene. Its around the same price as crc or wd40 but is heaps better you can get it from Supercheap.

A common misconception is that a bog from flicking the throttle from zero to hero is that its a lack of fuel, its actually quite often the presence of to much fuel, so when tuning a carb don't forget to try both downing and upping the jet sizes aswell as checking for exhaust and manifold leaks which seem like a problem with the carb.

Don't clean your joker throttle plastic cover with petrol...... actually avoid cleaning any plastics with petrol :p

^^ That's common sense, here's some real knowledge:

Check spokes are tightened before every ride, wet application of vinyls is much much easier,

all I got for now I'll post as I remember :p

When putting on a new chain, if you use a grinder to shorten it to length (I've never bothered with chain breakers) wrap the chain in glad wrap with only leaving the link you wanna cut exposed. That way your new chain won't get covered in metal filings that will act like a grinding paste when it sticks to the oil/lube on it,wearing out your chain and sprockets quicker.

Last edited:
And when buying a new plug get a spare. Don't know how many times I've hadmates saying come over my bike won't run, it's getting fuel and it's got spark, etc etc. Slap in a new plug and bang, it's running. JUST BECAUSE IT MAKES SPARK WHEN YOU TEST IT DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL UNDER COMPRESSION.
And buy a can of autostart too, that way it it won't start and you put in the new plug and still no fire, try the aerostart and if it starts, you got a carb problem (probably blocked jet/s).
And don't use fuels that have ethanol in them, the ethanol not only eats up rubber o rings and seals but being alcohol it absorbs water which will make you bike run like crap and start corrosion in your carb. Not only should you be draining you fuel bowl, but your tank too unless your riding it in the next week, petrol doesn't last long in a plastic container and hell it only holds $5 of fuel. If you can't afford that get a pushy.
Alright rant over, I just spent a couple hours tonight driving to and from a mate's to fix his 50 that I had running in 5 mins after he'd f#@$ ed with it all week, we have a deal, if I can get his bike going in less than 10 mins he owes me a slab. He currently owes me 3 this year

Last edited:
^^^^^ Just like to add to that. Do this especially if you use a Gerni to clean your bike like I do! My bikes 20 hours old n the rear bearing had started to rust.

dont wash anywhere near your bearings with a pressure washer or you will get 20hrs out of em like corey:boink:

Ahh six months and $18! I'm not worried mate as long as its clean. Plus it never had any grease to start with. But prevention is better than cure mate!

Latest posts

Back