Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well boys
I have had the first major stack on the Kuda pro!
And the bike has stood up alot better than i faired i have to say, apart from some scratches and a foot peg that is allmost ripped off the bike is ok i will have to bend the clutch lever back into shape but i think it was well worth the money getting the Renthal bars and also replacing the gear leaver to solid aluminimum one becaue they are both good as new.
My L/H hand is screwed thought nerve damage to pinky finger and ring finger ligament damage to wrist and some good bruises on the body and to top of the day a 4 hr wait in emergancy to see if the wrist was broken.

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new Tomahawk KX on Ebay from Dreamrider.

The bike got delivered last Friday, Opened the box for a quick look on Saturday and low and behold. I was sent a G4 Hummer instead of the Tomahawk KX.

Pretty poor to send me the wrong bloddy bike. But after some specification comparisons, and the G4 Hummer thread in here I decided to keep the bike.

Sunday me and a mate setup the bike. took us a fair while because we've never really worked with bikes before. Put our head together and got it all setup in the end though. THANKS TO ALL ON THESE FORUMS - I Printed out all the useful information in the G4 Hummer reveiw post and had them by my side making sure I did everything you all suggested.

Started it up late last night, all sounded good let it run for a good while then took it for a spin around the streets, up to the servo and pumped the tyres up. then back home. Goes quite well, although didnt give it much throttle at all because it was its first ride.

Few things I was dissapointed with was that there is no KEY??
My older 200cc china bike had one, don't know why this doesnt?
Also took half of the standard stickers of which it came with, found them to be quite ugly.

____Advice Needed___

- I can hardly touch the floor on this bike lol Can someone guide me on how to lower the suspension so its more comfortable for me to ride?

- I've bought myself some "Locktite" so I can loosen all the nuts n bolts and screw them back in with it. Should i do this to every screw I can see, or only the engine or only the frame?

- Finally, with dirt bikes is it ok to ride on the road? or does it chomp through the tread on the tyres? Its just that its easier for me to run it in around the back streets.

Thanks again everyone on this forum for their advice. Made my process of getting this bike up and running a shit load easier

Cheers
Matty

Last edited:
Hey boys
Well my mate got his ProX on the weekend and wow, the quality compared to the KUDA PRO is unbeliveable

Hi All, first post :)
Lots of great info here and I was nearly sold on the Hummer G4 until I saw Weegee mention the new ProX.
A question about the engine though. The Zongshen as used on the G4 seems to be popular and largely hassle free.
What about the Atomik that the ProX has, is this a rebadged Zongshen or a totally different engine all together?

Marty 02
1) you can lower your bike by loosening the rear shock off this will lower your bike slightly, but in doing that your rear suspension will be very soft and have a fair bit of free play in it so it is a catch 22 but it is up to you in the end how the bike feels for you.
2)You don't have to lochtite everything just the nuts and bolts that really matter i.e swing arm nut and bolts, axles, engine mounts, front fork tubes, basicly anything you see that could possibly casue you greif.
3)If you can get away with riding on the road do it especially if your not 100% comfortable on the bike yet but note if you get caught you will be in BIG trouble, and yes it will go through your tyres in no time flat but that is not really saying much as the tyres you receive on these bikes are crap anyway so i suppose do it untill your ready to hit the dirt and then replace the tyres with some good ones (you will thank me for that info!)

Thunderlips
First of all the Atomik and the Orion Pro X are the same bike (and thats from the mouth of the Orion importer) its just that they have slightly different stuff on them the Orion is spec'd up a little with i.e better chain, better rubber, just little things.
Both bikes have genuine Zongshen 250cc engines but recently 2 of my friends have bought the Orion ProX's and they both have pushrod 250cc engines i don't know what Atomiks bike have in them.
The Pushrod engines that are in the G4 and Kuda Pro and nearly every other bike are great engines allmost bullet proof as long as you change the oil regulary but they are a little noisy at operating temperature but for a reliable engine i can live with that.

Hope that helps you boys some

whats the valve clearance for the g4 hummer. ohc model?? cheers

Depends on if you have the OHC or pushrod engine.

Let us know which one you have - and whoever has the same model engine can pull the spec out of their manual for you.

Hi all,

- Finally, with dirt bikes is it ok to ride on the road? or does it chomp through the tread on the tyres? Its just that its easier for me to run it in around the back streets.[/B]

Thanks again everyone on this forum for their advice. Made my process of getting this bike up and running a shit load easier

Cheers
Matty

Mate there's no chance of ruining your dirtbike tyres on the road, because some cop is gonna bust your ass before they can wear!

On the whole though - nobblies and black top don't mix!

Well boys
I have had the first major stack on the Kuda pro!

My L/H hand is screwed thought nerve damage to pinky finger and ring finger ligament damage to wrist and some good bruises on the body and to top of the day a 4 hr wait in emergancy to see if the wrist was broken.

Get well soon Weeg!

Hey Rod,

lol you're right, its taking a fair risk but not many cops visit that area.
I've attached a few pics of my G4 Hummer for all to see..

Rod, would you be kind enough to give a bit of detail on how to lower the suspension so my bike sits a bit lower? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks all
Matt

Attachments

• 16042008(001).jpg
    16042008(001).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 16042008(002).jpg
    16042008(002).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 16042008(004).jpg
    16042008(004).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 37
Hi All, first post :)
Lots of great info here and I was nearly sold on the Hummer G4 until I saw Weegee mention the new ProX.
A question about the engine though. The Zongshen as used on the G4 seems to be popular and largely hassle free.
What about the Atomik that the ProX has, is this a rebadged Zongshen or a totally different engine all together?

Mate both bikes are good and according to Weeg, the new ProX/Orion has a really exceptional design & finish.

On that basis and trusting Weeg's judgment explicitly (even if he does stack his bike!), both can be recommended. The question is bike size - since the Prox/Orion suits the smaller rider.

The other issue I have (because my size and riding style pushes the bike's suspension to the limit) is the lack of suspension adjustment with the ProX/Orion.

This means you have to frig around with oil viscosity etc. to get the ride to an optimum level.

Therefore if you're a big guy and intend to push the bike hard - I'd stick with a Hummer. If you're a smaller rider and don't mind messing around with oils and after-market springs - the ProX/Orion may be the go.

Hey Rod,

lol you're right, its taking a fair risk but not many cops visit that area.
I've attached a few pics of my G4 Hummer for all to see..

Rod, would you be kind enough to give a bit of detail on how to lower the suspension so my bike sits a bit lower? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks all
Matt

You can lower the front of the bike a little by loosening the fork clamps and sliding the bike down the forks a little. Don't go beyond an inch or so though- since it will effect the handling of the bike if you go too far.

Be sure to re-tighten the clamps good and tight!

Also Bridgestone do a good range of legal off/on road tyres.

Oh kool, sounds easy enough

I'll mark out an inch with some texta and just lower it to that!!
If i'm lowering the front of the bike, shouldnt i also be lowering the back suspension also?

One other thing rod, the 2 red knobs on top of the suspension, it that to harden/soften the suspension?

Thanks again for the response
Matt

Oh kool, sounds easy enough

I'll mark out an inch with some texta and just lower it to that!!
If i'm lowering the front of the bike, shouldnt i also be lowering the back suspension also?

One other thing rod, the 2 red knobs on top of the suspension, it that to harden/soften the suspension?

Thanks again for the response
Matt

Unfortunately the shock at the back is not height adjustable - you can only adjust the pre-load, which simply increases the spring resistance earlier in the suspension's travel. This is why you should only lower the bike by an inch or two on the front forks - otherwise the bike becomes unbalanced. An inch or so won't be noticeable though.

The red knobs on the top of the forks adjust the rebound - that is how quick the front suspension pops back up after you hit a bump. Too fast - and your front wheel bounces all over the place on rough terrain. Too slow and the suspension doesn't have time to fully extend again by the time it hits the next bump!

In motocross racing, the settings would be adjusted by the mechanics to suit the particular track. Typically hard and bumpy terrain would be set differently to soft sand etc.

Where are they made?

I am going to buy a 250cc trail bike and am trying to compare each of them and figure out what factory in China each come from i.e. are they actually identical bikes.

Can anyone fill in the gaps or correct as appropriate?
Have I missed out on any of the mainstream Chinese bikes?

• Apollo Orion AGB30E and Elstar Blade and Atomik ProX are identical and are all manufactured by Zhejiang Apollo Sporting Products Co Ltd.
  • Tomahawk G4 Hummer and Atomic KudaPro are identical. Are they manufactured by Mikilon Corporation, ChaoZhong Group?
  • Xmotos XB31-B and Zuma XB31-B are identical and are all manufactured by Zhejiang Xmotos Co Ltd.
  • Dirtmax is manufactured by Guangzhou Dirtmax Motorsports Co Ltd.
  • Tomahawk KX is similar but with a slightly longer wheelbase than the PitPro 250 and both are manufactured by ?????
  • Atomic Kuda is a 19”/16” version of the Atomic KudaPro and are manufactured by ?????

The other issue I have (because my size and riding style pushes the bike's suspension to the limit) is the lack of suspension adjustment with the ProX/Orion.

This means you have to frig around with oil viscosity etc. to get the ride to an optimum level.

Therefore if you're a big guy and intend to push the bike hard - I'd stick with a Hummer. If you're a smaller rider and don't mind messing around with oils and after-market springs - the ProX/Orion may be the go.

My brother has the ProX and we compared the suspension between our bikes, (even though mine is a KX its still close to the G4) and the ProX suspension is stiff as all hell and doesnt have the gas shock as on the tomahawks.. The suspension, for our style of riding at least, is much more comfortable to ride as well as much better quality overall on most terrains on the KX rather than the ProX..

I have both the KX and the ProX and to be honest with you the ProX suspension is a little average in comparison to the KX. It tends to bottom out easily and more frequently than the KX.

the ProX suspension is stiff as all hell and doesnt have the gas shock as on the tomahawks..

Hmm, the Atomik ProX specs over at Ebay says it does have a gas shock.

"CNC Nitrogen Charged Rear Gas Shock with Adjustable Ride Height, Preload, and Dampening".

Argh, it's so hard choosing between the G4 and ProX.

Thunderlips i think what Tornaido ment to say is that the Pro X does have a gas strut at the back but it doesn't have a gas strut accumilator this one little device helps muffle the rebound effect.
Also i have heard good things about the Loncin engines but i don't think they have the same outputs as Zongshen engines i think they are a little lower. The Ebay company in the Phillipines where i got my carbon fibre muffler have alot of items for Loncin engines as well as Zonshen ones.

Sorry boys
I forgot to mention when i stacked my bike i was out with my mate with the Prox and i had a little ride of it.
Now i don't know if its because i am use to the Kuda Pro but it didn't feel as balanced as my bike and because the bike is alot thinner through midsection of the bike it didn't feel as tough either it felt kind of delicate.
I never really thrashed it as it was new and not my bike but it felt different and not necessarily in a good way but that it just my thoughts they could change after riding it for longer.
But again seeing it in the light of day and moving around they are a very good looking bike and very well assembled and the finish quality is great as well.

hi guys new to the forum
iv'e been reading and trying to pick from the prox 250 from atomik or the kuda pro have been down to atomik and seen both just want something to bash around cow paddocks with the missus was heading towards the prox but last night discovered these china bikes about to come into australia the two models are $3000 for the mx and $3300 the enduro .. i guess what i'm asking should i save my pennys and go for one of these .. your opinion would be appreciatedPuzey - Offroad Bikes

Latest posts

Back