Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dreamrider ad claims it's a 250cc OHC!

Good as the bike is - you still expect to receive the goods as advertized!

Still waiting to hear if Dreamrider gets back to CibbyDoc

Interesting answer expected!

Hi all,

This seams to be a common problem. Its not so much that its NOT the OHC model as much as I was under the impression it was...thats why I bought it actually and not one of the others on eBay.

If you want to be a reputable business person you have to be just that...reputable. And advertising falsely is not the way to do it.

Dreamriders comms are very slow..have sent off another email. So far Ben has told me he has sent the photos to the manufacturer and is waiting to hear back. I have now sent an email requesting resolution ASAP.

Will let you know what happens, but I see on their website (Ebay) that they sell the NEW Version OHC motor in their bikes.

Some additional photo's of my motor, but basically if your motor is an "ZS167FMM" designation (found on barcode and engine number) its an OHV not cam model according to Zongshen Intl.

ZS167FMM_250cc_3.jpg

ZS167FMM_250cc_2.jpg

ZS167FMM_250cc_1.jpg

24112007.jpg

Cheers Doc

Weegee, you might want to think about changing the plug from the std China type. The NGK equiv is the D8EA which has improved starting when cold heaps and generally has made the power seem a bit smoother..for me anyway. $3.95 at Supercheap from mem.

Yeah i bought one yesterday afternoon could not for the life of me find a
DR8EA but then i thought how many people am i going to piss off giving them dodgy radio receiption in the middle of the bush anyway so i bought the D8EA and will put it in this afternoon hopefully it makes a difference like you say.

Hi guys have also purchased this bike and it arrived 2.5 weeks after i won it. It also has the push rod engine. No battery and they are very slow in answers. Yes from Dreamrider. Have e-mailed them regarding all matters and will let you know what happens.

Well got my reply and as expected apologetic only. No resolution in the form of "we will send you the right bike". Has offered to placate me in parts but what ??

Any way beware and ask questions before you buy is the moto I guess....

Cheers Doc

Thanks worm,

That was my first thought, but they have now modified the advertising to reflect what they now sell.

I believe it to be an honest mistake that I dont think they will repeat.

My latest dealings have reached a satisfactory outcome in compensation with parts and thats OK as I have already done some work on this beast and am getting attached to the quirks of the motor.

Its no Honda beater, but plenty of power for 78keg bloke.

So just a word of warning......Make sure what you bid on is what you want...give yourself time and ask the seller OBVIOUS questions that you want to know. I just took it at face value and I suppose I could push it a lot harder than I have for a replacement, refund etc.

Any way heading out to pacific park this week for another session to finish the run inn and see how it goes after that.

Cheers all, Doc

New McDonalds Crispy chicken burgers.
The all new sleek design and overal appeal of the burger is a good upgrade
from the McChicken. Being only that the McChicken only has to offer Lettace, Sauce and the chicken fillet deep rfried, not only was the crispyness not of saticefactory appeal, but the Cripsy McChicken could have not come at a better time, It has to offer from the standard, through to the delux, Standard only having the new crispy fillet, sauce and new style bun, And the delux offering the works, etc tomato, lettice, sauces, crispy fillet also on the new designed bun,

I rate the burger 0/10, Cause it tastes like ass,

lmao i got food poisioning from this burger a couple of weeks ago, some nasty sh&* in deed

Hey Doc....I too have the same number. This maybe a dah question, is this the engine number, whats the VIN ? is it the other with the stars on either side, spewing about the OHC, I too was impressed by that selling point only to find out otherwise. You have done a great job in keeping ppl informed like Rod.........thanks and keep up the good work,
Archie

No mate...Not the VIN. I think its a tracking number for the engine (date and time it was made).

"ZS167FMM" is the Model No of the engine that Zongshen make.

Since these bikes are not registerable I dont think they have VIN (someone correct me if I'm wrong) just a frame and engine number that you should note and keep safe somewhere as you will need it should it get stolen.

Cheers Doc.

Last edited:
Here's a fix to a problem you might come accross.

On my bike the rear sprocket bolts came into contact with the swinging arms of the frame, when you tried to tighten the axle nut to the recommended 60nm. The contact was so firm that it almost locked up the rear wheel.

To fix the problem I used a 16mm 316 stainless washer as a shim - and slipped it over the axle, between the swinging arm and the sprocket side wheel spacer. Besides putting a stop to the chafing, the washer also lined up the chain and rear sprocket much more centrally, which will reduce chain noise & wear.

Given that all the brake calipers etc are held in position by the tension on the rear axle nut - I also took the precaution of replacing the rear axle nut with a high tension castelated nut and split pin.

Trust me, the last thing you want coming loose on these bikes is the rear axle.

I also replaced the front and rear sprockets with a 16 tooth and 56 tooth option respectively - giving a sprocket ratio set-up of 3.5 - 1

The bike will now climb just about anything and the accelaration is great.

Top speed is only reduced to around 100kmh - and it now gets there in a hurry.

Thanks Doc, I intending to rec reg not full reg this bike in Vic, they ask for minor things to add such as front/tail light one mirror and a horn, they talk of Vin number but I think its an oversight somehow, I am sure an engine and frame number will suffice.I think I read somewhere in the threads that someone did succeed in rec reg....keeping my fingers crossed BTW the bike doesn't even has to be roadworthy.......work that one out.

No mate...Not the VIN. I think its a tracking number for the engine (date and time it was made).

"ZS167FMM" is the Model No of the engine that Zongshen make.

Since these bikes are not registerable I dont think they have VIN (someone correct me if I'm wrong) just a frame and engine number that you should note and keep safe somewhere as you will need it should it get stolen.

Cheers Doc.
Yo Doc, the latest from dreamrider is, the VIN number is the long one located on your frame R/H side below the handle bars on the steering head portion of the frame and your engine number is a combination of the ZS16FMM and remainder of digits below the above. where is you located Doc?

Last edited:
Dreamrider seemed to have now removed the Hummer from their site. I am still waiting to here how they intend to address my situation with compensation. I should have bought the Kuda. Then i would have known what i was getting. Steve waitng to here from you.

Hi Allied, your prob talking about the OHC scenario right? I too questioned dreamrider on the matter and was told that the wrong shipment was sent to them.They are not in a position to compensate ppl because they are down and out, so i was told.

Mine turned up today looks good,not sure about the ohc thing though will have to check it out.

I notice they have nothing on ebay at the minute,bit strange.:confused:

Hi all,

I was basically told the same thing. Dreamrider are struggling to stay in business but help out with some parts for those that feel wrong done by.

My No (that I assumed was a frame number) is located on the steering head housing - stamped inn. Starts with an "LD6Y" number.

So my VIN is this plus the engine model number....Yes?

Allied...It dosnt seem too promising. I tried to get a promise of a similiar price if I purchase a new one off them within 12 months and even that was too hard (Son talking about buying one).

Going with my son to Pacific Park and camping till saturday. So that should see the beast completely run in now...will let you know how it goes. Have a safe and happy christmas all.

Cheers Doc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back