Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rod

Why do thing these new bikes have a longer wheel base?
Longer forks?
Longer swing arm?
Different angle of the forks?

Hi Weeg,

A lot of folks who bought Chinese bikes, claimed that the wheel base was too short - and made the bike liable to toppling over backwards, when climbing steep hills.

On the positive side, a bike with a short wheelbase is really good for sharp cornering and short track work. That's why a lot of the indoor super-cross bikes are made with short wheel bases.

Anyway - they've lengthened the wheel base to make the bike more stable when climbing - which may be good thing for beginners.

Hey guys, i just finished loosening the rear wheel (again) and fkn around with the toothed cam on the back and i reallly want to stop this shit from happenening.

every time i ride my chain tightens like fk and toothed cam tensioner is mashed all out of wack (already on my 3rd set). i wanted to ask if anyone has cut the "chain roller" that is on the under side of the swing arm off the bike, since i have had a look and that is the only thing that comes into contact with the chain (other than the sprockets)

Also i have had a look on the net and discovered that the honda cr,kawasaki kx, Yamaha wr, Suzuki Rm and ofcourse the KTM exc DONT HAVE A FKN CHAIN ROLLER on the swing arm or in most cases dont have one at all.

so i would think that the chain would be fine without it? what is your opinions.

my bike is the Dreamrider KX 250 (orange imitaion KTM) any information is valuable

Hey Linkavitch, i have the same bike. I upgraded to pro tapers after the first ride i couldnt stand the stock bars. I have also changed the tyres to kenda millville on the back and Bridgestone on the front with kenda tubes.

I fkd the oil up a while ago and had to put car oil in it tho for 1 ride i think, how bad is it for the engine? should i change straight away or wait till it needs changing, its stil 15w 40 semi synthetic.

Hey guys, i just finished loosening the rear wheel (again) and fkn around with the toothed cam on the back and i reallly want to stop this shit from happenening.

every time i ride my chain tightens like fk and toothed cam tensioner is mashed all out of wack (already on my 3rd set). i wanted to ask if anyone has cut the "chain roller" that is on the under side of the swing arm off the bike, since i have had a look and that is the only thing that comes into contact with the chain (other than the sprockets)

Also i have had a look on the net and discovered that the honda cr,kawasaki kx, Yamaha wr, Suzuki Rm and ofcourse the KTM exc DONT HAVE A FKN CHAIN ROLLER on the swing arm or in most cases dont have one at all.

so i would think that the chain would be fine without it? what is your opinions.

my bike is the Dreamrider KX 250 (orange imitaion KTM) any information is valuable

Hi Nafe,
You can cut the chain roller off for sure. If you have fitted a big sprocket on the rear wheel - then cutting off the chain roller is a must! If you don't, the chain angle will be too tight - and get even tighter when you sit on the bike.

I actually drilled two bolt holes in the roller mounting plate after I cut mine off - then I welded a slotted adjustment plate back onto the swing arm, where I had cut the roller off.

Finally, I bolted the chain roller unit back on to the slotted plate, and adjusted the legth just enough to contact the chain.

In truth however, you only need a roller if you ride over really rough bush.

Hey Linkavitch, i have the same bike. I upgraded to pro tapers after the first ride i couldnt stand the stock bars. I have also changed the tyres to kenda millville on the back and Bridgestone on the front with kenda tubes.

I fkd the oil up a while ago and had to put car oil in it tho for 1 ride i think, how bad is it for the engine? should i change straight away or wait till it needs changing, its stil 15w 40 semi synthetic.

You need to get that shit out of your bike ASAP - or it will screw your clutch.

Replace with Castrol Activ 4T (15W 40) - it goes great in these bikes and is available at a good price from Big W.

Has anybody bought one of the new Kuda Pros from Atomik (with the Loncin engine and road lights etc)?

If so - let us know how it stacks up.

Ah well weather looks shit outside so i guess its another saturday working on the bike. il put some pics before and after up tonight.

cheers Rodbox

Hey rodbox i spent today playing around with the bike, i cut the roller wheel off, and i then fixed up the chain to an appropriate tension, counted the teeth on the cams and made sure they were the same, tightend appropriately and jumped on for a quick ride up the road. . only to find once i give the throttle a good twist this fkn happens.

chaintensionermm.jpg

the tensioner is squashed under the little knob thing that is supposed to apply force in the opposite direction. Ive had a look at the klx and ttr and they seem to have the same tensioner system and it works fine for them. WHY WONT IT WORK FOR ME ! i was thinking of drilling a hole and putting in a screw where i put a dot to stop the tensioner from spinning but it wont stop the overlapping does anyone have any ideas? am i the only one that this is happenening to? my luck cant be that bad can it?

oh yeh , i changed the oil to castrol activ 4t from big dubbz but all they had was 15w-50 ? it says on the back it protects all 3 components piston,clutch and gears. Is this what you run you bike on?

i gave the teeth on the cam and on the swing arm a touch up with the grinder today, hopefully that will hold them in place a bit better. The chain and everything seems to hold up ok, i went for a ride up the road but had to put the bike away cus my neighbor was giving me the eye .

lol and some advice for ppl who wan to jump on and go for a quick ride, dont wear moccos, fkn almost ran into my dads boat when i went to break and my foot slipped off.

Hi Nafe,
Sorry for not being in touch earlier. I've been in a world of hurt and stuck in hospital for a few days. I picked up a lung infection on my last trip to India and it finally got the better of me big time!

Yep, that's the oil OK - and good stuff for Aussie conditions!

As for your back wheel in the photo - there's something wrong with the set-up in the photo - although I can't put my finger on what it is.

Give me a few days to recover and I'll take a photo of my set-up for you to look at.

You can then compare it with yours and figure out what's up. I think you may have something on backwards - but don't take my word for it at the moment, as I'm still feeling shitty and not quite with the program!

Hey rod, thats not good to hear about the infection. hope ur recovery is fast and pain free.

Hi Nafe,

Yep - had a look at my bike on the week-end and you've got a few things round the wrong way.

First, I'd feed the axle in from the other side, so that the axle nut fits onto the other side of the wheel (opposite side to the sprocket).

Second thing is that your toothed cams are on back to front. The knob at the end of the cam should point/curve forward - not point to the rear of the bike like in your photo.

To tighten the chain, you should pull the knob on the end of the cam towards the rear.

I think this is what's been causing you problems.

Getting over the lung infection now and am back at home. Couple more weeks should see me back on top - thanks for the concern.

cheers rod, i will have to turn the axle around then, the toothed cams that i got sent were incorrect so i have 2 left ones so getting them around the right way is another story. After cutting the chain roller off and adjusting the chain to a very precise tension i havent had any problems after 2 rides up the road. I am yet to take the bike out to a track and really let it go but it seems to be holding up so far.

Who's Still Going?

This thread has been going almost a year now, so I thought it would be good to see how many of the early contributors still have their bikes going.

People who immediately come to mind are Cibby Doc, Weedgee and Archie.

If any of you blokes still log onto this site - let us know how your bikes are going - (or not).

Hey Rod Yes i am still going haven't had much chance of getting out of late though, i am really getting ichy as well i really want to get dirty but the schedule has not allowed it unfortunatly, so at present the bike is still fine and running well ( i give it a kick in the guts every weekend) and she runs fine.
NEW ATOMIK BLITZ 250CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 16-Sep-08 19:30:00 AEST)

I must say though i have been eyeing off one of these as i have a friend who bought one and he loves it as it is more of a full size bike. Incedentally has had a couple of stacks and the radiators stood up well.
Looking at the sizes it compares with a YZ250 which is a fair size bike.

Yeah Weeg - they look nice.

Only things I wondered about were the radiator resilience to a stack - and the corrosion resistance of the water jacket and cooling galleries.

From what you say though Weeg, it sounds like the radiators stand up alright - so that's one less thing to worry about!

Hey Weegee what are the front forks like on your mates Blitz, soft as shit, semi descent or very good

Rod thats what i was scared of but so far so good!
Jaz the front forks seem ok he is alot lighter than i am i think he is only 75kg where as i am 102Kg so they might be different for me but i think i would only chnage the fork oil to try and combat that, (as what i did with my bike).
So after i come back from my honeymoon in march i think the first thing the missus can do is buy me a new bike haha we will see.

Latest posts

Back