Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Carbon fibre muffler from Batacan on order it should be here soon (hopefully) i will let you all know what its like. Transport for the item cost $30 USD all in all the cost including freight was i think $136 i hope its worth it but for that money who really cares lol.

No worries Archie - let me know if there's still a problem and we'll try again.

I must say it seems a long shot they would use different guage square tube on production models of the same bike - and this has me intrigued.

Could you do me a favour and measure the width of your tube from internal side to side?

Mine was just a tad over 15mm.

Thanks Arch.
Strange as this may seem Rodbox, I measured the inner of the tube and got just under 16mm like you.I then measured the inner of the plugs only to find that they are about 13mm and a little over 17 mm on the outer ( top ) of cap.
It seems we have the same size tubing, but I have the wrong type of cap even tho it says 16mm on packet.......so I may take you up on the offer after all :D

No worries Archie - let me know if there's still a problem and we'll try again.

I must say it seems a long shot they would use different guage square tube on production models of the same bike - and this has me intrigued.

Could you do me a favour and measure the width of your tube from internal side to side?

Mine was just a tad over 15mm.

Thanks Arch.
Strange as this may seem Rodbox, I measured the inner of the tube and got just under 16mm like you.I then measured the inner of the plugs only to find that they are about 13mm and a little over 17 mm on the outer ( top ) of cap.
It seems we have the same size tubing, but I have the wrong type of cap even tho it says 16mm on packet.......so I may take you up on the offer after all :D

Got a reply from Bataycan

Shipping to Tasmania sir is $33.00
Exhaust is: $85.00

GRAND TOTAL: $118.00 USD

Best Regards, Bataycan Corp

Not too bad at all,might have to get that.:D

I have a Carbon fibre muffler from Batacan on order it should be here soon (hopefully) i will let you all know what its like. Transport for the item cost $30 USD all in all the cost including freight was i think $136 i hope its worth it but for that money who really cares lol.

What fitting style did you go with,welded or slip on

So what do we think?

Pausing to judge the subject of this thread so far - I think the following summary is fairly descriptive:

1. The Hummer is good value at around the $1000 mark - give or take a few dollars
2. This bike seems to undergo continuous development in China, with improvements evident in both the frame & engine design -over time
3. It's not the most powerful bike around - and wouldn't compete with the more powerful Jap MXers - but there are improved engines around that will take it up to Honda XR power levels
4. None of the members here has experienced catastophic failures with either the frame or engine
5. The engine would indeed seem to be very reliable on balance
6. There is a lot of tinkering that can be done to improve the bike and careful attention has to be paid to the initial set-up and protecting the electrics
7. There are a number of sources of parts for the bike - but unfortunately most of the good ones are off-shore
8. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to upgrade and a lot of fun
9. Owning one will improve your knowlege of mechanics
10. There are dealers who are not so honest - and don't describe the product properly.
11. There are others that do.
12. Anyone willing to take on this product properly and support it with good documentation and parts, should clean up the market big time.

That sound about right boys?

I went with the slip on i thought it would be the easiest to assemble then later i could weld if needed.
And as for above i totaly agree 100% but at least with this forum people will not be flying blind.

Pausing to judge the subject of this thread so far - I think the following summary is fairly descriptive:

1. The Hummer is good value at around the $1000 mark - give or take a few dollars
2. This bike seems to undergo continuous development in China, with improvements evident in both the frame & engine design -over time
3. It's not the most powerful bike around - and wouldn't compete with the more powerful Jap MXers - but there are improved engines around that will take it up to Honda XR power levels
4. None of the members here has experienced catastophic failures with either the frame or engine
5. The engine would indeed seem to be very reliable on balance
6. There is a lot of tinkering that can be done to improve the bike and careful attention has to be paid to the initial set-up and protecting the electrics
7. There are a number of sources of parts for the bike - but unfortunately most of the good ones are off-shore
8. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to upgrade and a lot of fun
9. Owning one will improve your knowlege of mechanics
10. There are dealers who are not so honest - and don't describe the product properly.
11. There are others that do.
12. Anyone willing to take on this product properly and support it with good documentation and parts, should clean up the market big time.

That sound about right boys?

HERE HERE! It's a learning curve for all esp me.....I know that at the end of all this we will indeed have a great product for a small price, I am sure many will envy this when you give em a run for their money!:D BTW Rod.......thanks heaps in advance!

Spot on Rod......

I already get some looks from the XR and WR boys when they blow you off at the track and look around and your right behind em.....I've landed some wicked jumps too on this thing and reckon it has nice balnce as well. Really gotta watch the poor rebound on the rear shock with larger jumps. Been thinking of replacing it......dunno.

Have a copy of this manual as well....not bad info....big doc though 14mb

The front wheel lifts as easy as any other I've owned (now it has the larger rear sprok). The only thing I would improve is the front braking capacity. Mine is currently only using about 50% of the front disk and that could sure be improved with some fiddling (new mounting bracket maybe)..... Rod, thinking cap!!!!

Deristricted the current muffler on mine and only took out one baffle, shortened it by 40mm and its as loud as fuck....didnt expect that big a difference. But basically there is NO packing in the pipe. Its more like a car muffler and just as heavy. So keen to hear how your pipe goes WeeGee....cause mine is NO GOOD. Does seem to breathe better though.

Will be starting a course of training with my job soon so wont be able to tinker much for the next 8 weeks so you guy's will have to keep me up to speed on the rebirth of the current hummers out there.

I also think we need to have a hummer ride out section at some stage so at least some of us can catch up and see whos "Hummer" is the biggest ;)

Ride safe and "viva la hummer".

Doc

Attachments

• Hummer Perform Front page.jpg
    Hummer Perform Front page.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Have just pulled the guts out of my muffler,going to go straight through with perforated pipe surounded with packing.

See how that goes,if its no good I'll just get one from Bataycan

Spot on Rod......

I already get some looks from the XR and WR boys when they blow you off at the track and look around and your right behind em.....I've landed some wicked jumps too on this thing and reckon it has nice balnce as well. Really gotta watch the poor rebound on the rear shock with larger jumps. Been thinking of replacing it......dunno.

The front wheel lifts as easy as any other I've owned (now it has the larger rear sprok). The only thing I would improve is the front braking capacity. Mine is currently only using about 50% of the front disk and that could sure be improved with some fiddling (new mounting bracket maybe)..... Rod, thinking cap!!!!

Deristricted the current muffler on mine and only took out one baffle, shortened it by 40mm and its as loud as fuck....didnt expect that big a difference. But basically there is NO packing in the pipe. Its more like a car muffler and just as heavy. So keen to hear how your pipe goes WeeGee....cause mine is NO GOOD. Does seem to breathe better though.

Will be starting a course of training with my job soon so wont be able to tinker much for the next 8 weeks so you guy's will have to keep me up to speed on the rebirth of the current hummers out there.

I also think we need to have a hummer ride out section at some stage so at least some of us can catch up and see whos "Hummer" is the biggest ;)

Doc

A brake mod isn't really practical with the existing equipment. The main problem is that these are fairly old fasioned brakes with only one hydraulic piston applying the force. The best solution would be to replace the front calipers with twin piston jobbies, so as to exert twice the bracking force.

Getting twin piston calipers to fit on the bracket though - could take a bit of product searching.

A decent western manufactured dot 4 brake fluid might also help improve matters for a lot less cost.

Spot on Rod......

Doc
Yo Cibby.......where can I get a copy of that manual?
cheers

Spot on Rod......

Doc

Yo Cibby ..where can I get a copy of this manual?
cheers

sorry ppls, doubleing up on my msgs is not intentional....every time I go to quote someone it takes me to a blank page and when I try a second time I get 2 showing....some glitch somewhere.

sorry ppls, doubleing up on my msgs is not intentional....every time I go to quote someone it takes me to a blank page and when I try a second time I get 2 showing....some glitch somewhere.

Happens to me as well Arch - or else it tells you you're not logged on when you post a reply.

You then have to refresh the page and log in again.

The thing to do with in your case is hit the go back arrow - then choose the main gereral chat forum from the menu. If you then go back down a level to the specific thread you were in, you'll find your reply is already posted.

Thanks for the info Rod...........BTW looking at getting a new chain....DID X ring.......just made an inquiery to a seller from ebay.....waiting for a response.....I asked if he had the one u have fitted...C how we go

Hey Rodbox i have twin pistons on my front caliper, so you might just want to contact Atomik and they will probably have it as a spare part and i would probably say that it will fit exisiting bracket's.
On my Kuda Pro i have no issues with my brakes even on dirt she pulls up fast enough.

Latest posts

Back