Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting to say the least.

Not bad guesses for a single piston....would push you along pretty well Rod I would think...so...you gonna fit it???? ;)

moral of the story???
dont buy a ghey hummer cos they are pieces of 5hit

Can any tell where you can buy sprockets for the Hummer. I am after a bigger front one and a smaller rear.Thanks

Mate - if Atomik or Dreamrider can't help you, Bataycan in the Philippines can get you what you want. They are on e-bay and their link is provided earlier in the thread. They also do a host of other Hummer parts and some really hot race engines.

Worth a look any day!

Can any tell where you can buy sprockets for the Hummer. I am after a bigger front one and a smaller rear.Thanks

Hey Maddog...you can get them from dreamrider (ebay) they have a 48T one or from Rods good friends at: eBay Store - Zongshen performance: Performance parts, Appearance and beauty, Hausmotors
Also you might want to try local. Measurments for rear sprocket is:
65mm Bolt Centres, 4 x 10mm bolt holes, 55mm Centre Hole (60mm will fit too).

Have shot an email of to Chain Gang (Chain Gang) as I use their sprockets on my road bike and are a damn fine piece of gear. Will let all know the outcome.

Regs Doc

Very interesting to say the least.

Not bad guesses for a single piston....would push you along pretty well Rod I would think...so...you gonna fit it???? ;)

I think so mate.

I must say I haven't had any problems with mine so far - and with the way it's set up, it still goes fast enough to frighten the crap out of me lol.

But once I've tinkered a bit more and got as much as I can out of the bike. I think I'll try a stage IV race engine.

Ducar - despite some problems we've all had a ball with these bikes and at a fraction of the cost you outlay on kit.

If you spend your life going round with a closed mind and are not willing to experiment, you'll learn asolutely nothing - which is a disease too many of us Australians suffer from.

Dont know if anyone has noticed how much the swing arm crushes up when trying to tighten the rear axle or not. I am in the middle of strengthing the rear swing arm area, will let you know how i go and how i did it. Check it out mean while.

Mate the torque on the back wheel nut should be between 50 - 60 Nm.

If the wheel gets difficult to turn - check that the nuts on your sprocket aren't catching on the side of the swing arm.

If they are:
1. Take the rear wheel out and file any protruding ridges off the inside edge of the swing arm - and/or
2. Buy a 16mm 316 grade stainless washer and use it as a shim, by threading it over the axle between the swing arm and the sprocket side wheel spacer. This should also line up your chain a sprocket more accurately, reducing both wear & noise.

Mate the torque on the back wheel nut should be between 50 - 60 Nm.

If the wheel gets difficult to turn - check that the nuts on your sprocket aren't catching on the side of the swing arm.

If they are:
1. Take the rear wheel out and file any protruding ridges off the inside edge of the swing arm - and/or
2. Buy a 16mm 316 grade stainless washer and use it as a shim, by threading it over the axle between the swing arm and the sprocket side wheel spacer. This should also line up your chain a sprocket more accurately, reducing both wear & noise.

I wonder if they have put the wrong spacers in your bike Rod....I dont have this prob and I cant see that I will unless I really overcrank the axle nut. Love the safety of the castelated nut system though...will be doing this mod.

I have just gotten an email from Dreamrider...looks like they closed down for the Christmas break.....thats all.

I do like the look of that new Hummer......MMMMMMMM.....:p

one question guys how do we all think the frame will stand up to the extra power from these engines in Phililpines? Will we bikes falling apart or not because we are talking about alot of extra power not just 1 or 2 HP but nearlly doubling the output anyone thought of that? Saying that though i cant wait to see signs of ware on my engine so i drop one of those bad boys in its place lol.

one question guys how do we all think the frame will stand up to the extra power from these engines in Phililpines? Will we bikes falling apart or not because we are talking about alot of extra power not just 1 or 2 HP but nearlly doubling the output anyone thought of that? Saying that though i cant wait to see signs of ware on my engine so i drop one of those bad boys in its place lol.

The one really good thing about these bikes is the upgraded frame - which is vastly improved over the older model Chinese bikes - so I don't think there would be the slightest problem.

Having said that - Cibby Doc is the website's current "Crusty Demon of Dirt" and throws his bike around like a half cut spinner - so he would be the final arbitur on frame strength issues ha ha!

The only concern I had was whether the chain would take it - or whether you'd have to move up to a 520 or 530 chain? But apparently if you stick with a DID or similar quality 428 chain - it should be fine.

I wonder if they have put the wrong spacers in your bike Rod....I dont have this prob and I cant see that I will unless I really overcrank the axle nut. Love the safety of the castelated nut system though...will be doing this mod.

I have just gotten an email from Dreamrider...looks like they closed down for the Christmas break.....thats all.

I do like the look of that new Hummer......MMMMMMMM.....:p

You could be right Cibbs, although the manual does say to torque the back wheel up to 60Nm - which is pretty full on.
Anyway - I haven't seen how close anyone else's sprocket fastenings are to the swing arm on their Hummers - so it's difficult to judge. Also, my chain was clearly misalined with the sprocket - to the extent it was rubbing on one side of the chain links and sounding pretty scungey. Now I've put the washer in as an additional spacer - the chain is perfectly centred on the sprocket and the bike makes far less chain noise.

By the way boys, Bataycan will shortly have some oversized alloy footpegs in a variety of colours to fit the Hummer. They are having them custom made locally in the Philappines - so expect them to be pretty good quality and very reasonably priced.

I'll probably buy a hot engine from these guys in a couple of months or so - and will also see how the revised hummer looks with the OHC engine down the track.

I've noticed that improvements to quality and performance seem to be ongoing with a number of Chinese bikes - so I might get as much fun as I can out of the one I've got - then look at what's available as an upgrade in six months time.

Finaly took mine out for a good ride yesterday,performed very well the 15-50 sprocket setup seemed very good.
The bike seems a bit resticted through the airbox and muffler setup may need to make some changes here,but overall it was suprisingly good.
That is until I flipped the bloody thing and broke the brake lever,only other problem was the forks bottoming out but overall very happy.

My forks bottomed out on my 07 Prox250, i put spacers in the top, heavier fork oil, and under forks on my bike has rubber caps remove them and there is a air fitting so i put 15# in, not sure if the the hummers have air, but looks like the same forks as mine

This is one of the mods I made to to the air filter.

I basically clamped the two sides of the flange together using stainless nuts, screws & washers. This has now sealed the intake so that all the air must now come through the filter and cannot leak through the side of the hose flange.

I also enlarged the air intake/snorkel on top of the filter and covered it with aluminium fly screen material to keep larger particles out of the filter altogether.

I fitted a higher quality foam in the filter and soaket it with Bel Ray filter oil.

Otherwise I have left the filter as is.

Attachments

• AFilter.JPG
    AFilter.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 65
Hi boys,

Got this back from Bataycan,

Their Enlish isn't that great - but they sure are keen and seem to know their business:
Dear rodbox5,

Well sir

"yada yada yada"

There is a bike here called a Suzuki Raider 150-R. This bike is the fastest stock small motorcycle in asia! Its very quick..able to outrun even a 400cc Four cylinder bike if modified with race spec heads and stock exhaust!
"yada yada"

STAGE III 300cc

We have that engine in our second test bike, a small motorcycle about the size and weight of a raider but instead we have 156 more cc's! This bike is deadly on the street! It has been tested against a 1992 600cc honda CBR and OUTRAN IT! UNBELIEVABLE! Our little bike just flat wheelied in 1st-3rd.

We sell a little known engine called a STAGE IV its basically a engine but the difference is its plus cc's! Its quite expensive but very powerful. Which is another thing. We have that engine in our second test bike, a small motorcycle about the size and weight of a raider but instead we have 156 more cc's! This bike is deadly on the street! It has been tested against a 1992 600cc honda CBR and OUTRAN IT! UNBELIEVABLE! Our little bike just flat wheelied in 1st-3rd.
We are confident to say that our STAGE III engine produces between 18-21HP. 18HP in STAGE III with STAGE I cam and 21HP STAGE III with STAGE II-III cam.
The standard unmodified 200cc engines produce around 15.2HP while the raider produces 16HP in stock form! As you can see the power to eight ratio on the 1.2 HP alone was enough to beat the 200cc bike by 8+ bikelengths, so an 18HP engine is enough to beat the raider by 2.

STAGE III SPECS: BORE:(new 74mm piston)(stock is67mm) STROKE: 55.7mm, COMPRESSION RATIO: 10.2:1(stock 9.2:1), POWER: 18-21, 28.16KW.

- bataycan

i havnt stuck my head in here much and you guys are doin pretty good at sorting out any problems you have, which is great and awesome to read!

The quote above(while edited a little*yadayada*) is going to be a hit eh! the bike(suzuki raider) looks like this..
raider150r_200yowaa1.jpg

Anyway thats all, yell if there is any worries:D

foolsp33d.

oh and ducar.. PO if ya got nothin nice to say. wont warn ya again.

i havnt stuck my head in here much and you guys are doin pretty good at sorting out any problems you have, which is great and awesome to read!

The quote above(while edited a little*yadayada*) is going to be a hit eh! the bike(suzuki raider) looks like this..
raider150r_200yowaa1.jpg

Anyway thats all, yell if there is any worries:D

foolsp33d.

oh and ducar.. PO if ya got nothin nice to say. wont warn ya again.

Thanks Foolspeed....really appreciate the input....^^^^

Your right.....dont look like the fastest thing in Asia...dose it now boys...but...ya never know :eek:

Finaly took mine out for a good ride yesterday,performed very well the 15-50 sprocket setup seemed very good.
The bike seems a bit resticted through the airbox and muffler setup may need to make some changes here,but overall it was suprisingly good.
That is until I flipped the bloody thing and broke the brake lever,only other problem was the forks bottoming out but overall very happy.

Try some Castrol fork oil 10 - which is much heavier than the standard fork oil the rig arrives with.

The viscosity of the oil doesn't kick in until the last 10 - 15 percent of the suspension travel - but it can make all the difference.

If it's not enough - try some more interventionist type strategies that Jazz 808 suggests.

The heavier fork oil will slow the dampening down, ie forks will still bottom out but just slower

The heavier fork oil will slow the dampening down, ie forks will still bottom out but just slower

I know thats the conventional wisdom - but I bottomed my forks out a number of times when I first rode the bike. Since I've changed over to a heavier oil however, I haven't bottomed more than a couple of times over the same track. I think the delay somehow gives the spring more time to have an effect on the total travel.

Hey Rodbox, I picked up some 16mm tube plugs and strange as it seems they don't fit nice and tight.....they are loose...its seems you may have thicker/smaller tubing :confused: anyone else have this problem???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back