Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rod and weegee...thanks for the info guy's...much appreciated.

Firstimer...you lucky bastard..you got the OHC model :mad:

Good luck with it mate...I'm with Rod and Weegee...I change my oil often at the mo but have not had any particles in the screen. I ride her all day usually with 1 refuel (and lots of refuels for me)...I have to keep up with a 15 yo so I go a bit harder than norm I guess.

This photo of yours I have doctored a bit to show you a trouble spot that WILL develop if you ride hard (ruts and whoops) with HT lead earthing out on the frame.

Bend the brakets into an "S" shape and space it out with 2 washers to correct it. This has been the single most troublesome prob with my bike...all good now though.

Be interesting to see what the power output is on those Evo III motors Rod.

At the mo...I'm just chewing up chains. Need to fit a good chain and sprocket and thrash her some more.

Any ideas on hoe to check the Nitrogen level in your rear shock without losing any. Mine seems too lose.

Can anyone do a quick tech post on adjusting the rear shock for damping and rebound.....have to take mine out to do it by the look of it unless someone has a better idea?

Good luck and enjoy.

Doc

Attachments

• hummeryl9.jpg
    hummeryl9.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 72
Hi there ppls,just back from the RTA, got my rec reg without a hitch.
The inspector glanced at the VIN number and then the engine number and thats all!! no toot me horn or light me up or show us ya brake.....hmmmmm
There is one issue however and that is to get dreamrider to send you a receipt with their actual address and not the P.O Box as they are currently doing.He rang the number on the receipt but u guessed it, no answer...by this time I was really sweating it out! I was almost brought to a hault on this technicality than the whole bike put together, so make sure you demand a real address from Dreamrider. Another issue is having the vin number and engine number on the receipt, you may have noticed it's not listed. I photocopied the receipt and thru word I lined up the numbers on the page so as when you feed the paper thru you will have a complete receipt.....naughty I know but as you read above, the silly things like that may stall the whole thing. I was fortunate that I had taken the delivery docket with me from star track express and he accepted the wharehouse address......phew!! :eek:
Cheers

Hey guys
I just bought a carbon fiber muffler from that store in the Phillipines via ebay, i have been speaking to them and they said the carbon fiber muffler offers the best performance and safety as it stays cooler and wont burn if you stack it, all up it cost me $136.00 including delivery not bad for a performace muffler from overseas, but it looks like i will have to jet the carby does anyone know what they are standard?

I've asked Bataycan to forward performance details of their engines - on the basis that there are a few guys over here in Australia that may be interested.

I'll publish details when they arrive.

I've also asked them about oversize foot-pegs - which would also be welcome.

DOC - the compression & rebound adjustment on the back shock will need to be varied according to terrain type and hardness.

There was an excellent article on the web I read recently on how to set suspension up for your riding conditions - I'll see if I can find it and provide a link.

Good onya Rodbox5...maybe if we can generate enough interest for their gear we may all get what we should of in the first place.....lets all put in for a true OHC or make a class action against dreamrider to get what we paid for!!.My hand is up......anyone else?

Good onya Rodbox5...maybe if we can generate enough interest for their gear we may all get what we should of in the first place.....lets all put in for a true OHC or make a class action against dreamrider to get what we paid for!!.My hand is up......anyone else?

Nice sentiment Archie - but by the time we even brought a case to hearing, you could have bought several new bikes for the money it will cost you.

Best thing is to report it to e-bay - which is what I did.

If enough people let them know about the rip-off, e-bay will take disciplinery action and suspend Dreamrider from the web-site.

The thing that really pisses me off, is that Dreamrider now supply the OHC engine with all the upgraded framework and extras - and I bet it's great to ride.

It is in fact everything we were promised - but not bloody well sent!!!

Last edited:
Has anyon managed to purchase a new version Hummer from Tomahawk and actually receive the OHC motor - if so, how does it run?

Hey guys
I just bought a carbon fiber muffler from that store in the Phillipines via ebay, i have been speaking to them and they said the carbon fiber muffler offers the best performance and safety as it stays cooler and wont burn if you stack it, all up it cost me $136.00 including delivery not bad for a performace muffler from overseas, but it looks like i will have to jet the carby does anyone know what they are standard?

If you go to the tech section of this web site - somebody put in a link to the Mikuni carburettor manual.

This has a table of settings for each model. Ours is the 30mm model.

Nice sentiment Archie - but by the time we even brought a case to hearing, you could have bought several new bikes for the money it will cost you.

Best thing is to report it to e-bay - which is what I did.

If enough people let them know about the rip-off, e-bay will take disciplinery action and suspend Dreamrider from the web-site.

The thing that really pisses me off, is that Dreamrider now supply the OHC engine with all the upgraded framework and extras - and I bet it's great to ride.

It is in fact everything we were promised - but not bloody well sent!!!
You do have a valid point there Rodbox....would have loved to have purchased it thru paypal!..they are always there to lend a hand in scenarios such as false advertising. I dread making large payments via direct deposit because of the unknown outcome. One thing tho is that Dreamrider has not received feedback as yet from me, I am still negotiating that move depending on the outcome with some emails I have sent to Ben....zzzzzzzz still waiting .... Anyhow, I followed the other hummer owners feedback and based Dreamriders integrity ( like all of us I guess ) on the good reviews the bike got and here we are. :mad:

Mikuni carbie

Hey guys

If you look at the tech section on this web site, somebody put in a link to the Mikuni manual. This lists standard settings for a number of models and sizes - ours is the 30mm.

Hope that helps.

You do have a valid point there Rodbox....would have loved to have purchased it thru paypal!..they are always there to lend a hand in scenarios such as false advertising. I dread making large payments via direct deposit because of the unknown outcome. One thing tho is that Dreamrider has not received feedback as yet from me, I am still negotiating that move depending on the outcome with some emails I have sent to Ben....zzzzzzzz still waiting .... Anyhow, I followed the other hummer owners feedback and based Dreamriders integrity ( like all of us I guess ) on the good reviews the bike got and here we are. :mad:

I must admit their new one (that we should have got) looks nice.

It will be interesting to see what they go for dollar wise.

Has anyon managed to purchase a new version Hummer from Tomahawk and actually receive the OHC motor - if so, how does it run?

I have the OHC version but havn't had a chance to ride it much yet,just put a 50 tooth rear sprocket on it and taking it out for a spin on Friday.
Will let you know how it goes then.

Hey rodbox i know this is not going to be much of a supprise but guess what my carby is not a Mikuni! I know you are shocked lol (nothing is starting to supprise me with this bike now) but it definatly is not a genuine carby i forgot to write down the brand but there is some other info we probably didn't want to know huh?

That might make it hard to find jets for Weegee...but its prob a Mikuni rip off...or if your real lucky it might be a flat slide :)

Dont know if anyone has noticed how much the swing arm crushes up when trying to tighten the rear axle or not. I am in the middle of strengthing the rear swing arm area, will let you know how i go and how i did it. Check it out mean while.

Can any tell where you can buy sprockets for the Hummer. I am after a bigger front one and a smaller rear.Thanks

Hi boys,

Got this back from Bataycan,

Their Enlish isn't that great - but they sure are keen and seem to know their business:
Dear rodbox5,

Well sir all we have to say is that most of our customers think the world of our speed parts (THERE ARE NONE FOR CHINESE BIKES!) Our heads outlfow anything out there with 2 valves and most with four! But we currently have not put a bike in a dyno cell as of yet but heres our best guess at this:
There is a bike here called a Suzuki Raider 150-R. This bike is the fastest stock small motorcycle in asia! Its very quick..able to outrun even a 400cc Four cylinder bike if modified with race spec heads and stock exhaust! But in stock form the Raider it will push 16HP easily. Our test bikes, we have (2)a Motorstar (zongshen over there) Z200, a 200cc Big Bike looking motorcycle, which has the weight of a 400cc motorcycle!!!! This bike before the modifications lost to the Raider by 10 bikelengths!! Now this 200cc bike will beat it by 2 or more! and especially on top-end which the smaller bike has 6 gears!
We sell a little known engine called a STAGE IV its basically a STAGE III engine but the difference is its 300 plus cc's! Its quite expensive but very powerful. Which is another thing. We have that engine in our second test bike, a small motorcycle about the size and weight of a raider but instead we have 156 more cc's! This bike is deadly on the street! It has been tested against a 1992 600cc honda CBR and OUTRAN IT! UNBELIEVABLE! Our little bike just flat wheelied in 1st-3rd.
We are confident to say that our STAGE III engine produces between 18-21HP. 18HP in STAGE III with STAGE I cam and 21HP STAGE III with STAGE II-III cam.
The standard unmodified 200cc engines produce around 15.2HP while the raider produces 16HP in stock form! As you can see the power to eight ratio on the 1.2 HP alone was enough to beat the 200cc bike by 8+ bikelengths, so an 18HP engine is enough to beat the raider by 2.

STAGE III SPECS: BORE:(new 74mm piston)(stock is67mm) STROKE: 55.7mm, COMPRESSION RATIO: 10.2:1(stock 9.2:1), POWER: 18-21, 28.16KW.

- bataycan

Latest posts

Back