Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi from India everyone.

Crap hit the fan business wise whilst I've been here - so haven't had time to visit the Enfield outlet as yet - hoping to get that done tomorrow.

Just wanted to say howdy - and how good the new muffler looks Weeg - great job mate! I'm going to have a stack of questions about it's performace and required carbie setting when I get back - "I gotta get me one o' dees!"

Take care fellas.

Hi from India everyone.

Crap hit the fan business wise whilst I've been here - so haven't had time to visit the Enfield outlet as yet - hoping to get that done tomorrow.

Just wanted to say howdy - and how good the new muffler looks Weeg - great job mate! I'm going to have a stack of questions about it's performace and required carbie setting when I get back - "I gotta get me one o' dees!"

Take care fellas.

Hey Weegee,

Well, I had a good look at things today. It seems as though there is a great deal of variability in build quality/consistency with these bikes! To cut a long story short, my choke has no problems with catching - the real problem was that the choke lever has been sprung to remain on/closed when untouched, and to open when the lever is pulled away from its rest position. Moving the lever whilst staring down into the carby confirmed this.

It appears I've been able to start quite consistently when cold just by revving moderately(with choke off/open), but once the bike warmed up (with choke on/closed in neutral position) the engine would always stall on take off!

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help - greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Hey Weegee,

Well, I had a good look at things today. It seems as though there is a great deal of variability in build quality/consistency with these bikes! To cut a long story short, my choke has no problems with catching - the real problem was that the choke lever has been sprung to remain on/closed when untouched, and to open when the lever is pulled away from its rest position. Moving the lever whilst staring down into the carby confirmed this.

It appears I've been able to start quite consistently when cold just by revving moderately(with choke off/open), but once the bike warmed up (with choke on/closed in neutral position) the engine would always stall on take off!

Thanks for all of your suggestions and help - greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Hey Piers,

Glad you got it sorted.......down is off on all Mikuni type carbs for future ref.

You should change that plug as soon as pos now mate...it would have fouled up a fair bit with the probs you had. There a shite plug anyways. Also welcome to the forum bud.

Hey Rod.....cmon man....dont let business get in the way of a passion....sheez. Hope all is well over that way.

Hey weegee.....LOOKS SWEET MAN.....can you do a vid so we can hear it?????.......black will look awesome for the trailer too mate.

Will drop in from tiome to time....still on a special course at work (live in), only 3 weeks to go.

cheers all Doc

Enfields in India

Hi fellas,

Here is the Enfield outlet in Madras and a couple of the bikes on offer.

Choices are for a 500 or 350 single.

Prices are around Aus$3000 down to $2500 respectively.

The Indian Army and various public servants (district officers etc) are still issued with these bikes.

They are pretty much the same as the originals, except electric start and front disk brakes have been added.

Good reliable bike though and not a bad price.

Attachments

• Shop.JPG
    Shop.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 33
  • 350 Electra.JPG
    350 Electra.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 500 Bullet.JPG
    500 Bullet.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 38
  • Various.JPG
    Various.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 29
Hey Rodbox5 , hope you are enjoying India ... You tempted enough to buy one , the 500 looks the goods !

Yeah - I could see myself taking a year or two off and just chugging round India on one of those.

Course, then you'd bring it back and chug around Australia, New Zealand, Europe, North America................zzzzz

Shit - I was dreaming there for a sec - lol.

Bloody shame about needing an income eh?

Do you think it would last chugging around for a few years? From what I have seen of indian cars I wouldnt bet on it.

Piers,
Don't know about your bike, but choke is on in the up position. Undo the screw holding the choke lever, take off the plate and put a bit more of a bend in it. this will put more pressure on the choke lever and stop it from coming on. If you don't understand what I mean, i will explain it better, but have a look first....

Do you think it would last chugging around for a few years? From what I have seen of indian cars I wouldnt bet on it.

No mate - been visiting India for a number of years now and know a few Indian guys who own these.

They are absolutely non-stoppable and will give a lifetime of good service if looked after. Old fashined technology though - so you have to keep the electrics and mechanics adjusted regularly.

Is there such a thing as decent aftermarket graphics

Hi guys,

Arrived back from India with the usual dose of the shits - but apart from that, it wasn't a bad trip.

Then I got the shits all over again - since when I pulled the bike out of the shed - those new One Industries graphics I put on the bike before I left, had curled up and died.

Can anybody recommend a company that does a decent quality graphic - which won't peel off in five minutes?

You'd at least expect them to be as good a quality as the Chinese jobs that came with the bike eh? Not so with these buggers though!

Hey Rod

Welcome back good to have back again, i bought a Fox Sticker set off Ebay and mine sticks well i have not had any issues with them peeling off or anything so maybe try that i think the set only cost me $30.

Jim_M.R: Yeh man sounds good what ur doin, be interesting too see what you can tell us about the hummer when its all done.

Hey Rod

Welcome back good to have back again, i bought a Fox Sticker set off Ebay and mine sticks well i have not had any issues with them peeling off or anything so maybe try that i think the set only cost me $30.

Thanks Weeg - found out these guys have a graphics template for the Hummer - I really like their "Synapse" design.

MotoXtrail

A little expensive - but apparently really good quality stuff.

Photo when it's done!

O.K. Weegee - time to spill the beans!
How's the new muffler working out?
As in:

How easy was the fit?
What carbi setting did you have to use in the end?
How does it sound?
How's the bike's performance affected - did it improve the power?

We'll all hang on your every word lol!

Well rod lol
I am very happy with it, it is built beautifully especially for the price.
The only problem was when I received the muffler the slip on part was made to the same od size of the exhaust pipe I wanted it to slip over (even though I gave the OD size of the exhaust pipe. That was no biggie I just took the exhaust pipe to my local exhaust place and he flared a bit of pipe and welded it to the exhaust pipe as you can see in the previous pictures I put up.
So now the muffler slips into the exhaust pipe and not slip over the pipe.
While I had the pipe off I decided to grind away the excess welding material at the header to make a smooth exit point into the exhaust pipe from the engine.
When I got everything back together and took it for a ride she defiantly has more top end poke you can really feel a serge of power at higher revs, but under full throttle she sometimes did splutter a bit so I took the carby off and replaced the main Jet which incidentally standard is a 105 size, so I went to my local bike shop and got a 110 main jet which is a Mikuni by the way (obviously the JUNG KE is a Mikuni Nockoff) and now she feels good through all the rev range.
Now noise DO NOT GET THIS PIPE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO UPSET THE NEIGHBOURS!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!lol
It sounds great but is very loude if you look through the muffler it is straight through but again it sound magnificent especially under full throttle.
I have not had a chance to ride it properly just up and down the drive way at work, but I am planning on going away with my brother in law (who has a 200cc Hummer) to the family farm on the Easter long weekend, so I will see how it goes for the extended 4 day period non stop it should be good.
It will also be a good chance to see how the beast of a bike trailer will go with the 2 beautiful hummers on its back lol.

I will see if I can get an audio of the sound and link it for all to see/hear

Hmm - the noise could be a problem Weeg. The ranger checks out all the bikes with a db meter where I ride - talk about taking your job too seriously!

Still, apart from that it sounds great and doesn't choke the power like the standard muffler. Might get a clamp on version and see if it passes.

Goodonya Weeg (I think that's a town near Krakow!)

Last edited:
As long as u don't mind waiting ...

STOCK ARRIVES 15TH NOV

Maybe its an error !

Latest posts

Back