Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought a copy of this book early in the piece when I first got my bike.

It shows a quick and dirty way to up the compression ratio and add a little power to the engine - but I wouldn't reccommend their methods.

The main problem is the strain it puts on the other engine components.

The maintenance tips were crap - and you'd get better advice from this thread.

If you have a look at the Bataycan modified race engines in the Philippines - not only has the compression ratio been raised using best engineering practice - but custom beefed up components have been added to cope with the extra power output.

The bataycan engines also put out a lot more power - getting you up into the ball park with Jap bike power outputs.

A full on race engine with all the fruit will cost around $1000 from these guys - but you get a lot for your money!

I havnt got a reply back from DreamRider yet regarding the Hummers, looks like yas may very well have run them outta stock ;) You heard anything yet Rod?

Dreamrider has a G4 Hummer with all the fruit advertised today - see their site.

thanks for that, would have followed your tips before a dodgy ebay book anyway.

P.S by the time I get back I want to know how to get another 25HP out of the engine on the Kuda Pro that can be everyones homework while I am away:)

Mate, for another 12-14 h.p get a Bataycan stage 3 - if you want the full extra 25 hp, modify a Kawasaki 500 to fit - ha ha.

I bought some bike graphics from the States recently, in an attempr to tart the Hummer up a bit.

I've bought graphics before - you know, the ones that don't stick very well and consequently curl up and die in a couple of days?

These ones are from "Factory Effects" however - and were fairly pricey at $60 (covering fork boots, swing arms, front mudguard & rear mudguard)

I was even more teed off to find that when I closed the deal online - they added another $60 for postage to Aus!!!!

Anyway that said, I put them on today and can report they're absolutely brilliant - and way superior in quality to anything you can buy here!

Unfortunately they don't do a tank graphic that fits the Hummer - but Im going to buy the "Synapse" hummer tank graphic from MotoXtrail

The two websites in question are below - I'll post pictures of my bike tomorrow:
Factory Effex, Inc. - The World Leader In Motocross Graphics and Seat Covers
Honda CRF450 Black Widow Graphics

I'm running out of space for Photos - but here's the Hummer as it is at the moment.

Tank graphic still to come.

Attachments

• 0053.JPG
    0053.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 52
hi rodbox5
just reading some old info you mentioned you
replaced your rear axle with a high tensile and castlelated and split pin
is yours 15mills thick and where did you get it from

hi rodbox5
just reading some old info you mentioned you
replaced your rear axle with a high tensile and castellated and split pin
is yours 15mills thick and where did you get it from

Mate the axle is per original - but I drilled the end to take a split pin for the castellated nut.

The castellated nut I purchased from Searle Fasteners Pty Ltd here in Perth - they carry just about any fastener you can poke a stick at.

The Castellated nut is a weird size - I think from memory it was 14mm x 1.5 TPI - but you'll need to check your existing one on a thread gauge to make sure.

They have a habit of changing specs on you at the drop of a hat.

Hey boys, i wanted to ask you if anyone has tried this with the hummer. I did it to my Tommahawk KX 250. I didnt ride the bike, just revved it and put it back together but do you think it would improve performance at all. I noticed the bike had a nicer tone to it but it died and cut out quicker while also producing a little smoke at the same time.

WHAT.jpg

Also do you think if i left the bike like this i would need to adjust the carb, after revving i had a look at the spark plug and it was BLACK AND DRY, does this mean it is running a little rich?

Hi all,

I've having a few problems with the G4 Hummer.
On the weekend my cousin gave me his handle bars which originally came from his Suzuki. I cut a few centremeters off each side so they were comfortable for me. HEAPS better than the dodgy original bars which came with the bike.

Since putting it all back together, i've taken it for a quick test ride, but whats happening is when i'm at the top of any gear, its splattering and kinda cutting out. It feels as though either fuel aint getting through properly, or its loosing spark. Or it kinda feels like the clutch is being pushed.

What i did is adjusted the clutch which actually made it a bit better. Although i tried various different clutch settings and its still doing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Do you think the clutch and cable are just dodgey and arent doing their job properly?

This is all a learning curve for me, but i'm loving it. Out in the garage at night playing with the bike. Its actually good fun haha

Hope sum1 replies asap as i'll be trying to fix the bike before its big ride this sunday :)

Cheers
Matty

Hey boys, i wanted to ask you if anyone has tried this with the hummer. I did it to my Tommahawk KX 250. I didnt ride the bike, just revved it and put it back together but do you think it would improve performance at all. I noticed the bike had a nicer tone to it but it died and cut out quicker while also producing a little smoke at the same time.

WHAT.jpg

Also do you think if i left the bike like this i would need to adjust the carb, after revving i had a look at the spark plug and it was BLACK AND DRY, does this mean it is running a little rich?

Back pressure is fairly critical on engines these days - although not as much on 4 strokes as 2 strokes - where it's really critical to performance.

Rather than bugger around trying to modify your existing muffler - have a look on the Bataycan site for some of the carbon fibre mufflers they have available.

A couple of guys on this site have bought them and reckon they sound good and noticeably improve performance (see earlier in this thread)

From memory, some slight adjustment of the carbie was necessary. I think one guy actually re-jetted the carb - which turned out to be easy, since the parts are all copies of named brands.

These carbon fibre mufflers are available for under $100 - and seem to be a good investment.

Hi all,

I've having a few problems with the G4 Hummer.
On the weekend my cousin gave me his handle bars which originally came from his Suzuki. I cut a few centremeters off each side so they were comfortable for me. HEAPS better than the dodgy original bars which came with the bike.

Since putting it all back together, i've taken it for a quick test ride, but whats happening is when i'm at the top of any gear, its splattering and kinda cutting out. It feels as though either fuel aint getting through properly, or its loosing spark. Or it kinda feels like the clutch is being pushed.

What i did is adjusted the clutch which actually made it a bit better. Although i tried various different clutch settings and its still doing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Do you think the clutch and cable are just dodgey and arent doing their job properly?

This is all a learning curve for me, but i'm loving it. Out in the garage at night playing with the bike. Its actually good fun haha

Hope sum1 replies asap as i'll be trying to fix the bike before its big ride this sunday :)

Cheers
Matty

Mate your bike's fairly new - so I wouldn't think you're having any major mechanical problems yet.

Since you've put on new handlebars - I would check the free-play on all your cables and lines. You need about 2mm of free-play on your clutch and also a few mm's on the throttle.

Having said that - if it's spluttering at high revs, I'd be inclined to check your fuel mixture. It may be your choke is self activating when going over bumps, making the fuel mixture too rich - or you may need to adjust your carbie's needle settings. You might even have some crud inside the mechanism.

If you're not too experienced mechanically - then get someone to show you how to check these things out - or take your bike to a good bike mechanic.

Alternatively get yourself a decent book on motorcycle mechanics. There's one written by Carl Zimmerman called "Essential Motorcycle Mechanics" - which excellent - and is available from Amazon at a good price.

hi guys i have been reading this for a while but i have a 07 atomik 250cc hummer i have just replaced the old air filter with a pod and i would like to rejet the carb to see if i can get some more go out of the engine i have moved the c clip down a grove how do i adjust jets and which one would be best for what i want.

Fck... this must be one of the longest threads where each post has more than 3 words and doesnt involve saying something about the person above

Ha ha ha

hi guys i have been reading this for a while but i have a 07 atomik 250cc hummer i have just replaced the old air filter with a pod and i would like to rejet the carb to see if i can get some more go out of the engine i have moved the c clip down a grove how do i adjust jets and which one would be best for what i want.

I think Weegee has fitted a new carbie jet, so you might drop him a line and find out where he sourced the parts and how it worked out.

Mate your bike's fairly new - so I wouldn't think you're having any major mechanical problems yet.

Since you've put on new handlebars - I would check the free-play on all your cables and lines. You need about 2mm of free-play on your clutch and also a few mm's on the throttle.

Having said that - if it's spluttering at high revs, I'd be inclined to check your fuel mixture. It may be your choke is self activating when going over bumps, making the fuel mixture too rich - or you may need to adjust your carbie's needle settings. You might even have some crud inside the mechanism.

If you're not too experienced mechanically - then get someone to show you how to check these things out - or take your bike to a good bike mechanic.

Alternatively get yourself a decent book on motorcycle mechanics. There's one written by Carl Zimmerman called "Essential Motorcycle Mechanics" - which excellent - and is available from Amazon at a good price.

Hey Rod,

I worked it out, not sure exactly what fixed it, but its working sweet now.
I think it may have been the clutch. I ended up adjusting it some more, and also running some WD40 down the clutch cable to loosen it up a bit.
Also drained the oil overnight and put some good synthetic oil in it.

Myself, a mate (with an Atomik Fury) and my 2 cousins who have got Honda 450s headed to Mount Dissapointment yesterday to take them out for their first proper ride. Very impressed, my bike copped alot and came home kinda in 1 peice haha few little issues but all good.

1 thing is that the bike is still too tall for me. When in a bit of trouble and i need to put my feet down, most of the time i can't so i end up dropping the bike or having to jump off it. How far can i lower this bike? I've adjusted the front forks a few cms and also knocked the rear spring down a bit too!!!

I've attached a few photos of the Tomahawk G4 hummer and me after the session. We did about 2 hours riding, up some big long hills, through mud (which i fell in lol) up and down rocky hills, over logs and all. Overall pretty damn happy with the bike, it kept up all day.

Cheers
Matt

Attachments

• G4 Hummer.jpg
    G4 Hummer.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 44
  • G4 Hummer 1.jpg
    G4 Hummer 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 44
Mate - you're about as far as you can go without professional help, mods and upgrades.

You can try moving the front suspension down a little further in the clamps - but at some point this strategy will start to affect handling.

At the end of the day - the height won't matter so much as you become a more experienced rider. Some of the top MX'ers are real small guys and can only touch the ground with one foot at a time - it's all a matter of confidence.

hows it going using synthetic oil. I thought it was a no no as it makes the clutch slip or is it ok in the 250,s

I heard the same thing, synthetic oil is a big no no, 10-40w mineral oil is what you should be using, i use Castrol Activ4, its 15-50w thats close enough for me, or you could go Castrol Power 1 GPS which is 10-50w part synthetic

Latest posts

Back