Good fun bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you just ask this question, my reply is search tool at the top use it.
I don't mean to be rude but all these same question threads just clog up space and make it harder to find info in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I've seen them they're there use google also. But anyways it depends what atomik you go for. I've got an yx160 atomik nitrous and a dhz dpro 140. The dhz in terms of build quality is better and the 140 zongshen is a good engine it goes pretty good. How ever the yx160 is a beast compared to it but the atomiks frame and everything else is crap.
I could go on and on about quality, reliability, torque, speed & so on but what I'm getting at is more then anything pick what you want as in engine and size then search that, all these bikes run pretty crappy parts stock and to have a good bike at the end you need to spend money and how much and what us up to you.
Have a look at other guys bike and build threads to get an idea of what engines and brands they/ we have and what we have done or have found with them.
There's no real simple answer to give you so it's ultimately up to you and your budget.

Oh and also don't pay full retail for the atomik they go on ebay all the time I got my nitrous 160 for $780 with postage.
& with what you save get a good quality chain and handlebars that's about it.
Learn how to start the bike correctly at top dead centre, change oil and check bolts and you'll be right.

Whats wrong with the chain and handle bars?
Are they just crappy and wont last long?

the sponsor here, GMX Motorcycles sells the Atomik bikes if you need any parts for them

i like the Atomiks, especially the Fuse

Whats so different between a nitrous and a fuse ?

ive got the atomik 150 nitrous midsize, bought it in jan, i have since replaced 80% of the bike not through breakages but personal choice.

it will be fine if you put in the prep work when you first get it, but for anything more than cruising and tearing up the beach you will find yourself wanting more from the suspension in no time.

i would recommend them for the money considering over the course of time with the inevitable few changes and upgrades you will have a solid starting base with a view to change frames if you plan on jumping.

main points of weakness -

*rear shock is almost deadly with the rebound and lack of usable compression
*front forks vary in dampening, travel and rebound from bike to bike ( very worrying )
*bars will bend on the first decent drop you make

not to scare you off as i said with a few choice upgrades and the prep work done you will have a great bike

Last edited:
Best advice i've had, thanks :)
In that case i will probably get a nitrous and buy better parts

if you are buying new, ask the seller about suspension upgrades,
adjustable forks, and adjustable rear shock, and buy some decent bars for it too
they maybe able to keep the old parts and fit the new/better componants, charging you just the the price difference?

Do you know of a good quality handle bar that would work best ?

Its fork length is 735mm but the closest i can find is 730mm

5mm wont make a noticable difference to the way it sits

Don't worry about the fork length being off by 5mm mate its nothing, a good set of forks will be around the $400 mark. I've got a set of gpx blacklabels from dhz in my bike and they are great, but you would benefit more from a better rear shock first I reckon. Have a look at dhz they have the dnm rear shocks which are good and then price compare with ebay just make sure you get the right length for the rear because you will notice a 5mm difference on the back more so than the front. If you just want it for smashing around on I would say just get the bars, chain, some good bifold levers if it doesn't come with any and a NGK spark plug. Do the smaller things first before looking at upgrading suspension because take it from me they start to get expensive.
This is my dhz dpro 140 the bike you were look at earlier with the 730mm forks and a dnm rear. But this bike has know got a fair bit of money pumped into it.
agy4ymep.jpg

Latest posts

Back