got me a klx110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as i said that one is a extended shock style , and there is only 1 length of fox float which only fits stock style .

So no fox float wont work with that swingarm . but yes that is a good swingarm if you mix it with a good shock . most of the A-style swingarms are as tough as eachother and all run either the stock length shocks or extended shocks so whichever shock you go will determine most of how the rear works.

That swingarm with thsi shock Elka KLX/DRZ110 Mini Series Remote Reservoir Shock - FREE SHIPPING click the "long shock" setting , and that should be right.

There is other sites where you can get abit better range of rear ends , that are complete kits with the shocks .

I cant really be bothered to look for you atm tho lol..

Ill try and link some photos up of the difference between extended shock and stock shock extended styles maybe tomorrow . after a while you will notice the differences.

lol sorry man im still new to this stuff n dont no alot about wat will fit wat yet but im trynna learn :p

Yer all good , it is very confusing i had to learn it all to lol..

Here is a "extended shock style"

The main thing is the shock mount on the swingarm is futher back then the regular a-styles (see how close the wheel is to the front of the swingarm.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/fmracing/KLX 110 Build/CIMG0426.jpg

And another , you can just notice how much longer the shock is compared to the others
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/fmracing/CA Street Legal KLX 110/KLX110SUMOBuild009.jpg

ahh yeh now i see....that looks pretty sick

Oh and disc brakes on the rear isnt needed , the rear brakes on that klx where pretty awesome.
Only thing i would do is upgrade to a kx60 rear wheel. im not to positive but most of the aftermarket swingarms come with a tab on the swingarm so the kx60 rear wheel will go straight on to them . but wont work on stock swingarm. benifit of the kx60 hub is it doesnt have a cush drive thing (rubbers between sprocket carrier and hub) and is less bulky and stronger and looks alot better to. pretty sure stock drum brake insert will still work with them to.

But i would go disc with the front , depending on which way you go with forks will determine what front brakes to go..

I could go on and on and on about forks to if you want.... lol..

yeh i was only thinkin discs at the front...as for forks ive been lookin at the red baron G2 factory forks or zocchi's if i feel like spendin a bit more....if i was to put em on now with the bike the way it is wouldnt it be sittin up high at the front?? even tho i will probbly go with the extended shock style swinga with the elka shock

how would it ride with either of those forks and a stock style extended swing and fox float? just so i can way up me options

My oppinion dont waste the money on the red baron's . i rode them on a crf50 and they felt really really bad . plus they cant be rebuilt because they have some kind of gel rather then oil in them , and alot of people are having trouble trying to find a way to rebuild them. basically a complete ripoff for the price of them.

Cant go wrong with marzochies come complete with clamps brakes and black front wheel . but the brakes are a little underpowered , but can be upgraded with a kit , which is quite costly.
And marzocchies cost a shitload.

Another options is built up Kx "65" not "60" forks , can get them working as good as zokes with the right setup.

but can be abit of a pain , will need to find a set (preferably in a aus wreckers for cheap) then you will need stiff springs , you can get new inners for them to make them work alot better but can cost a fair bit. either a aftermarket set of clamps so they will bolt onto klx frame , or you can mod the stock ones and use a weird combo of bearings which can be done . and you can just use a kx65 wheel/disc.

the kx65 forks will have alot better brakes then the marzocchies to but the zokes can be upgraded to the 65 brakes as well.

Another option which mite sound bad to jap fans......

Is go the china fork route.

The black label gpx forks are incredibly good for the price , and im pretty sure they will bolt straight on with the right bearings. and another good set would be Fastace (As-01's) both in the 735mm i think they are.

Bad side is you have to use a china front wheel , but with money anything is possible , you could get a good wheel setup to work.

With the setup you said.

The fox shock only is 1 size which is i think 10mm longer then a stock crf50 shock and the same size as a stock klx 110 shock ... so if you went a fox float for the klx the rear would sit lower then it does with the ishock .... so isnt really a good thing .

The fox would more be suited for a stockish style klx with either the 60 forks or stock forks .

You can take it to a machine shop and get a top mount (which screws onto the float) to extend it abit more so it will lift the rear abit (which ive seen been done) then it would be awesome setup with the extended swingarm and Zokes up front.

But even then compared to the front end , the rear would be lacking travel , which i even noticed with the ishock/60 forks so you would feel it more , with longer forks i would assume.

Best think to do would be to try and buy used off americans through planetmini's forum , they have a crapload of good gear going around over there... but its always a pain to buy from there and hard to trust them with your money halfway around the world

So how much money are you really looking to spend?

Last edited:
glad ya told me that about the red baron forks lol....i'll probbly go with the zokes n get the upgraded brake kit...but i was thinkin, probbly be to expensive but do u reckon i could get a kx65 front end from kawasaki??

also theres the showa front end on fasterminis for 1800 and the zokes with upgraded brake kit would cost about the same or a little more...they only have the bbr brake kit on there tho so...would they do the job well??

as for the rear suspenison i think i'll go with the elka shock and im trynna find a swinga for it atm...is there one u wld suggest to run

id say maybe 4k plus some...the suspenison will cost nearly 3k tho lol

but i dunno wat else i wanna do to it after that besides mostly cosmetic

im gonna order some wheels today....before i do, are the red baron wheels good?

I would suggest not to order wheels till you sort your suspension out . trust me if you get a new swingarm you will want to put a 60 rear on it so the klx rim wont fit that , and with front end they will come with a different wheel to .

The showa's are probably the best mini fork money can buy , there cut down cr85 forks with fox itnernals and they will set them up for your weight and everything . also has shmick triple clamps .
They come with formula brakes to so can be a little underpowered ... but when i say that im talking a pro rider riding it ... for most people the brakes on the showa's and zokes should be good for most people stock.

65 forks...

you could go this kit
Red Baron KX 65 Fork with Disc Brake for KLX110 - FREE SHIPPING

They will have stiff springs and everything to bolt straight onto ya klx , and also can use the stock 110 wheel , with the brake adapter it will convert it to disc brakes.

It seems pretty expensive ..

But sourcing all the parts and building a set yourself will add up as you will most likely have to buy everything from oversea's..

also buy wheels from btosports they are cheaper , and they have Excels which are better quality then all of the ones listed on fasterminis .

I would probably just go
BBR SuperComp Adjustable Billet Swingarm Kit for KLX/DRZ110 - BBR - Pit Bike Parts
And zokes for a good simple setup.

And if you want a little cheaper just go the Sano ls8 swingarm and get the ishock in the drop down menu its about 950 or something for both.

Remember buying from overseas will cost you, you will have to convert to U.s doller which makes it even more as our doller is only at like $.83c or something ... and also shippng can get pretty expensive

And also remember there could be stuff im forgetting that you will also have to purchase to make everything work , so be ready to spend more then you orignal budget

Look through planetminis klx thread there is a heap of mod klx's so you can get a good idea of what setup you would want.

110 Pictures - Planet Minis
It gets better further in , and heeps of photos have dissaperead but there is still a heep of good klx's in there

Last edited:
is the f8 ishock anywhere near as good as the elka??

im lookin at about 4k for wheels n suspension... zokes, bbr supercomp swinga and excel rims

where as it would be about 3k for the red baron kx65 fork kit, sano ls8( with elka) and excel's or 3500 with zokes instead

so probbly 5k maybe a little more for everything i wanna do

shld be a sweet ride tho :D

This thread is comparing the BBR setup with elka , and the extended a-style
long travel two bros or super pro - Planet Minis

Most people prefer a-style , with a elka shock so that sounds like a good way to go

Here is zokes/bbr
http://i47.tinypic.com/10wmogw.jpg

Here is zokes/ and extended sano ls8
http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu190/ledburyboy/klx/IMG_0013.jpg
another
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6991/mod110abc.png
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/541/mod110def.png

Will definately be a sweet ride whatever way you go.

Last edited:
yehh seems like the a-style is the way to go... looks heaps good with the supercomp tho

i think i'll order the ls8 with an elka shock sometime in the next few days...then get the zokes in a few weeks...thanx for all ya help mate :thumbup:

btw do u no any good sites for graphics?? ive only found one that i like but cant find the backgrounds n decals to go with it lol

oh and will the wheel and hub that come with the zokes be alrite??

Last edited:
Yer the zoke wheel/hub are pretty good , better then stock anyway .

And its black so it saves you getting a black rim and having to lace/true it etc.

I do think the supercomp does look better then the Ls8 setup as well , they both will work awesome
As far as i no the BBR will feel better to sit on , but the ls8 will handle alot better around corners etc

The rear setup i always wanted was the first generation Two brothers extended shock a-style , looked awesome and would work great with a elka http://image.dirtrider.com/f/208589...house+two_brothers_racing_kawasaki_kLX110.jpg, but they stopped making them and the new style pretty much looks like the ls8 .

Yer thats another thing , i never found a set of graphics for klx that i even remotely liked lol , i would suggest go custom - magiksc in u.s will cost you about $200 maybe a little more .

If you got no imagination just search for all kind of different graphics for big bikes etc and just send them to him and say put this on klx style and he will match it all up , he does awesome work . but requires a deposit of like $50 or something before he starts any work.

And i would also recomend buying everything that your gonna buy from u.s all at once , it will save a heep on shipping etc..

sweet so that will save me some dollars....yehh i do like the look of the supercomp heaps more....might aswell go for that for an extra 400 bucks lol

thanx man....ive found heaps that i like for big bikes so i'll try n contact him n get prices n stuff

btw i gave it a proper ride this weekend n i love it...cldnt believe how hard it goes for a little bike lol...poppin wheelies with ease and no clutch in first n second lol....suspension was a bit harsh on the jump tho but other than that it was awesome :D

Yer thats the swinger , but they dont make/sell them anymore , only place to get it is second hand , and i doubt you would ever find one in aus .. few go around on planetmini's but yer hard trusting ppl there.

It serves the same purpose as the ls8 just looks better imo lol

Some frmo when i had it

IMG_0019.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Awesome bike never had 1 problem the 6+ months i had it
Sold it because i spent probably over 3500 and realised i was getting nowhere lol still had another 6k+ to make it competitive ...

So sold it and bought the lxr for same price i sold it for lol .. little less quality , but the suspension/handling and speed shits all over it.

Was just a heeps cheaper way to get a competitive bike and its served me beautifully so far no major problems.

fair enough man, the lxr is a mad bike, one i would even call close to equal to a jap bike easy. well the one im getting is petty well set up for what i wanna do for the moment so im pumped haha!

Latest posts

Back