got me a klx110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemo86

Reaction score
hey guys i bought me a klx110 today :D its the one mitch250 was sellin and wogtaz old bike....cant wait to give it a proper ride this weekend....im gonna be upgrading alot of things on it soon enuf...was even thinkin of gettin the bbr perimeter frame for it :p also do u guys no wat sites to look at to buy most parts...ive been lookin on faster minis n thats pretty good...if ya no anymore plz let me no

cheers guys

Nice pick up mate.. nice built bike you got there

Does it have fluffy dice hang'n off it?

thanx mate....haha nah it doesnt :(

sick as mate, bet you're pumped.

Try and get some ride pics too!

sick as mate, bet you're pumped.

Try and get some ride pics too!

lol yehh im itchin to get out there...next few days at work will be quite depressing

i shld be able to get some pics this weekend n i'll put em up

Nice man , so you plan on going a full mod with it?

what kinda parts are you looking at getting.

faster-minis is probaly the cheapest place youll be able to buy from always have specials

^^^^^there way to dear and effed me around couple months ago , way cheaper to go thru u.s.a stores if you buy bulk

Nice man , so you plan on going a full mod with it?

what kinda parts are you looking at getting.

i'll see how i go lol, i wanna make it pretty crazy tho...these are some of the things i wanted to do..

bbr perimeter frame
fox float mxr shock
marzocchies
new black rims with hd spoke kit
disc brakes front n rear
178 takegawa kit(maybe) might not need to go that crazy
new plastics n graphics

plus more little things along the way

ey wogtaz wat year model is the klx??

sounds awesome aye but the 178 sounds scary lol you might need a new swinga unless the perimeter comes with one but yeah i want a klx !! but i got no money..:boxe: <<< the klx and your wallet .

sounds awesome aye but the 178 sounds scary lol you might need a new swinga unless the perimeter comes with one but yeah i want a klx !! but i got no money..:boxe: <<< the klx and your wallet .

lol haha yehh the wallet will certainly be takin a beating but im gonna be doin it gradually....just get sumthin new every now n then untill its bitchin :p

yehh the 178 would be crazy and the perimeter frame comes with a swingarm

Float wont work with the perimeter frame . and it should come with a elka anyway.

be looking close to 10,000 with the mods you listed man lol...

With 1 mod comes another 2-3-4 mods ... to make the first mod work if you get me , so theres always alot more to add to the list once you start spending.

Pretty sure it was a 04 model , nothing has changed since 04-08 and 08 just had updated output shaft , which i have put in it anyway.

you would be better off splitting the cases , putting in a stroker crank . and adding a v2 head/s35 cam , before going any bigger on the bore .. it already rides like a 2-stroke, needs more stroke.

Put the stock cam back in it , if mitch gave you some of the spares i gave him? and it will make alot more power up-top.

Float wont work with the perimeter frame . and it should come with a elka anyway.

be looking close to 10,000 with the mods you listed man lol...

With 1 mod comes another 2-3-4 mods ... to make the first mod work if you get me , so theres always alot more to add to the list once you start spending.

Pretty sure it was a 04 model , nothing has changed since 04-08 and 08 just had updated output shaft , which i have put in it anyway.

you would be better off splitting the cases , putting in a stroker crank . and adding a v2 head/s35 cam , before going any bigger on the bore .. it already rides like a 2-stroke, needs more stroke.

Put the stock cam back in it , if mitch gave you some of the spares i gave him? and it will make alot more power up-top.

oh yeh i forgot it has a shock already lol....yeh thort it wld be sumthing like that lol....i'll see how i go....might just keep it simple get new forks, rear shock, swinga, rims, tyres, levers etc coz i kinda like the way it is

yeh i think i just got a bit too excited when i seen the 178 kit haha...quite pricey too...i havent ridden it properly yet so i cant really say much about its power

and yeh he gave me all the spares

wat would be a good swingarm to run on it?? theres too many to decide on

ill give you a quick run down with swingarms.

There is

Stock style - extended (longer then stock but will accept stock shock, and the ishock) Which doesnt allow much travel , but if you run a Fox float with that setup it can be a very nice ride .

Extended Shock style ( Usually comes in a kit with the shock , Runs the bottom shock mount further back so you can run a longer shock ie / more travel) Most people prefer this style as it has just as much travel as a big bike style setup but has better handling and feels less pogo kinda then the big bike styles.

Big bike style ( these kits will normally cost more as they come with a Shock tower , moving the top shock mount back to allow a longer shock to run the mono swingarm.

At the time i had the bike i pretty much would of taken any of the above if they where available to me .. but then the doller was shitty so buying from U.s was the same if not more then aussie rip off dealers. and the only place in aus that had anything decent was Kaos50 but they where a complete stuff around (longstory)

I would suggest going any of the above then going a BBR frame set . as the stock frame is more then enough for strength. and the bbr doesnt really provide much more gain then a big bike style rear end . just more weight/strength/bling .
and you could use that extra money on alot better things tbh

Last edited:
ill give you a quick run down with swingarms.

There is

Stock style - extended (longer then stock but will accept stock shock, and the ishock) Which doesnt allow much travel , but if you run a Fox float with that setup it can be a very nice ride .

Extended Shock style ( Usually comes in a kit with the shock , Runs the bottom shock mount further back so you can run a longer shock ie / more travel) Most people prefer this style as it has just as much travel as a big bike style setup but has better handling and feels less pogo kinda then the big bike styles.

Big bike style ( these kits will normally cost more as they come with a Shock tower , moving the top shock mount back to allow a longer shock to run the mono swingarm.

At the time i had the bike i pretty much would of taken any of the above if they where available to me .. but then the doller was shitty so buying from U.s was the same if not more then aussie rip off dealers. and the only place in aus that had anything decent was Kaos50 but they where a complete stuff around (longstory)

I would suggest going any of the above then going a BBR frame set . as the stock frame is more then enough for strength. and the bbr doesnt really provide much more gain then a big bike style rear end . just more weight/strength/bling .
and you could use that extra money on alot better things tbh

thanx for that info mate...too hard to decide which way to go lol...wat about this one with a fox float shock..Sano LS8 Plus 4 for KLX110 - FREE SHIPPING

i liked the big bike style but pretty expensive....and i think ive convinced meself not to get a bbr perimeter now...no need to spend that much i reckon

would it be worth puttin disc brakes on??

Well as i said that one is a extended shock style , and there is only 1 length of fox float which only fits stock style .

So no fox float wont work with that swingarm . but yes that is a good swingarm if you mix it with a good shock . most of the A-style swingarms are as tough as eachother and all run either the stock length shocks or extended shocks so whichever shock you go will determine most of how the rear works.

That swingarm with thsi shock Elka KLX/DRZ110 Mini Series Remote Reservoir Shock - FREE SHIPPING click the "long shock" setting , and that should be right.

There is other sites where you can get abit better range of rear ends , that are complete kits with the shocks .

I cant really be bothered to look for you atm tho lol..

Ill try and link some photos up of the difference between extended shock and stock shock extended styles maybe tomorrow . after a while you will notice the differences.

Oh and disc brakes on the rear isnt needed , the rear brakes on that klx where pretty awesome.
Only thing i would do is upgrade to a kx60 rear wheel. im not to positive but most of the aftermarket swingarms come with a tab on the swingarm so the kx60 rear wheel will go straight on to them . but wont work on stock swingarm. benifit of the kx60 hub is it doesnt have a cush drive thing (rubbers between sprocket carrier and hub) and is less bulky and stronger and looks alot better to. pretty sure stock drum brake insert will still work with them to.

But i would go disc with the front , depending on which way you go with forks will determine what front brakes to go..

I could go on and on and on about forks to if you want.... lol..

Latest posts

Back