Got Problem!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakn 50

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I ended up getting that desert 50:)
yeah when the bike heats up and has been riden for about 1-2hours, when i start it again i put in to neutral but when i kick start it the bike goes into gear???
Also when i am riding the bike and when i go down a gear it goes into neutral instead of it going down a gear???
I have got told that it could be the clutch plate or the gear selector??

Help would be appreciated.

sounds like a faulty gear box who did you buy the bike off.i would be taking it back if you havnt had it to long

yeah when im riding the bike it feels ok... but when its in gear when i ride it it revs but doesnt rreally go anywhere if u no what i mean.
the gears are 1 down 3 up.

Last edited:
Maybe you're starting it in gear and maybe you have the gear pattern wrong so when you think you're going down a gear you're actually going into nutural.

That or the gearbox is broken.

if your riding, and its reving but your going no where fast, than the clutch is slipping,

which with your other problems could mean clutch adjustment needed, or worse still the clutch is kapoot, which is more likely i say,

why did your mate sell it?????

nah man... thats what i thought i didnt think that i was pushing down enough and i was going to into neural instead of going into gear.

if your riding, and its reving but your going no where fast, than the clutch is slipping,

which with your other problems could mean clutch adjustment needed, or worse still the clutch is kapoot, which is more likely i say,

why did your mate sell it?????

yeah mate it does slip and my mate also said to do that adjustment to the clutch. yeah was talking to my neighbor who works at a motor bike shop and he said it could be the clutch plate.

mate sold it because it wasnt really ridding it much and didnt want it anymore.

The bike is overheating because its running the stock spark plug which is absolute garbage, the gearbox engine oil is synthetic which is causing the gears to slip under rev range, needs minerial oil, and the gear selector is rooted which i told you jamie..

hey guys....yeh franky is smart and does have the answers sometimes. i got new sparky today and newe oil put the fresh stuff and then put new sparky in. the bikes goes bit better but when she warms up and i go down a gear it goes into neural?? and when i start the bike when it has warmed up it still kicks into gear:mad:
franky thinks it could be the gear selector
My neighbour (works at KnJ Thomas) thinks it could be the clutch plate.

one word CHINA
yeh we all know that... as you can see im trying to get help.
but thanks anyway for the post.

snaped a throttle cable yestaday :mad: soo got a new one and should be fixed by tomoz guys.
but still have the same problem. frankys coming over to give me a hand.. should be done in no time:)
how are is a gear selector?? OR how much are clutch plate/plates??

ive got my ST50 in pieces now replacing Clutch plates and HD springs,

cost me $90 in parts,

franky thinks it could be the gear selector
My neighbour (works at KnJ Thomas) thinks it could be the clutch plate.

I'd go with gear selector too. If the clutch was worn and slipping there would be less load on the gearbox and changing gears should be easier, not harder. A bent selector however could be your problem.

yeah franky was telling me for a gear selector it probs about $40.. yeh my mate had problem with his gear selector also.. his selector was bent. and it was doing the same thing what my bike was doing:( i just want to find out what the problem is because i dont want to go out and get parts (clutch plates)then it turns out is was the gear selector.

Last edited:
One thing we've learnt is that you can never be too sure to pin point exactly what the problem is 50% of the time. Usually the power of elimination is the way to go. Look at it this way, you'll have some pretty fresh engine parts when your done. LOL

hey yeh u do have a point there.. so i could get the clutch plates and the gear selector then i have two fresh parts for the gear box and then that should be goin fresh/hard as:) Im 90% sure that im goin with frankys gear selector.

If it was slipping clutch the bike would have to be any gear start, Because you would have to be in gear holding the clutch in, then it slips, being in neutral not even using the clutch means it has nothing to do with it.

Latest posts

Back