Gpx 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibbon76

Reaction score
Has anyone on here ever owned a gpx 125 are they good engines was thinking about buying one what are the pros and cons ?

I have one but have never had it running

Pro's; very good high revving engine
upgradeable with a big bore kit (146cc's)
strong gearbox with a rear mounted clutch
come's standard with light outer rotor and semi digital cdi (reliable up to 14,000 rpm's)
upgradeable to TB V2 Race head
can run them with an OKO 26mm d slide carby without drama's

Con's....

Snaptrax has one on a buggy he's got laying about, it's the "crate" motor you could purchase from dhz a while back and it had a "race cam" and high Comp piston he's running 28mm molkt that isn't the best tuned to it, but 4 to 5 kicks starts and runs, this is without an air filter and also sits outside for months at a time, great motor from what I've seen,
If you can get ahold of a "gong yhu" xtreme 125 cr
5 engine you'd be surprised of how massive the valves are, they are rockets, too bad the crank went pop...
The gpxs are an awesome little motor,
I'm pretty sure there's 110 version too, thumpstar aus sell them, correct me if I'm wrong?
Strong cases and a six plate clutch, internal oil filter, can't go wrong with a little motor like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've seen they are a great motor

I have a mate that owns one and you would be hard pressed to find a guy that rides harder than him

The motor has never let him down and I've seen him race it plenty of times

Super cheap aswell

If you're after a sweet all round motor the Gpx is the motor for you. As loco said my one sits in the rain and gets wet all the time and far out it still goes like the clappers. In a buggy with a 100kg guy in it, it still manages to light up the wheels in second.

Latest posts

Back