GPX/YX 160cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude stop posting threads u make ateast to a day asking about stuff and you can search and find the same answer its getting realy anoying

but yes that engine is a beast

LOL ........ Yes .... that's supposed to be the BEST chinese engine to get ...... it has the torque of the Lifan 150 and more HP than the YX150 (the best of both worlds) ....... PLUS it can be taken out to over 200 cc whereas the Lifan engines are limited in bore size due to their narrower cylinder stud spacing ...

The YX 150's are reported to have crank breakage problems if they are revved too high ...... so in the US they are boring them bigger which makes them produce max power without the need to rev into the "unreliability" zone .......

No ..... not at this point in time ...... I think Pitster is getting 57 mm stroke GPX cranks put in YX 150's by the factory so they can have a market advantage over all the others who sell YX 150's ........ but you can safely bet that everyone will be selling them in a few months (going off past trends in the history of chinese parts) ...... LOL ......

pitbike engines just keep getting bigger!
wasnt that long ago that the 140 was the new thing

pitbike engines just keep getting bigger!
wasnt that long ago that the 140 was the new thing

Yeah bad man, like even the 150cc was the new thing or something now theres a 160cc, be honest with you i think the word "Mini" has just been taken out of the whole mini bike thing.

If you get what im smoking.

dude stop posting threads u make ateast to a day asking about stuff and you can search and find the same answer its getting realy anoying

Well seeing as my knowledge is somewhat limited at the moment this is all I can give back in return for all the much appreciated support ive recieved in the last few days.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my threads, hope yas enjoy drooling over something new...

See yas round

Last edited:
Yeah bad man, like even the 150cc was the new thing or something now theres a 160cc, be honest with you i think the word "Mini" has just been taken out of the whole mini bike thing.

If you get what im smoking.

yep, its getting to the point that if you want that much power why not just go buy a big bike!

and it started off as just pitbikes, now theres mid-sized pitbikes and i guess the natural progression is full-sized and that would just be stupid!

motox what is your problem mate. you think your god. your shit, people are tryna find out questions though they are new and dontk now whats going on, how bout you leave him alone, or go and play with ur dhz 140cc and spend your time at getting good at riding insted of being a keyboard god

The YX 160 is already avalible from Dirtmax, i have riden it and seen the dyno test.

It only produces slightly more HP than the 150, but has about 2 NM more of torque.
You can't keep the front wheel on the ground! Seriously! Very ballsie..

The bore is the same as the 150, only the stroke has been increased by 3-4mm.

I agree that this is all getting a bit much, but as long as there is a demand for it................

yer its getting beyond a joke i still reckon 110cc is enough :p . i remember hearing back like months ago the local minibike shop near me was getting in 250cc horizontal engines!!! but its been a while and heard nothing so dobt that will happen.. maybe in the future since the rate its goin now..

I think 160 is about all you'd need to go ........ you have to remember that some riders are heavy so they need more power just to get the same performance as a much lighter rider on a smaller cc bike .......

And people are spot on ........ there is a certain power to weight ratio that gives the best performance for each riders weigh and riding capabilities .... going beyond that only makes the majority of riders actually go slower around a dirt track ...... it's better to be fast on a known to be slow bike than slow on a known to be fast bike ........ :p

people have been taking lifans well up into the 180cc area for a while now
its just the fact that now it is becoming cheap enough (mass producing) that it is becoming more popular
i like to read thru old pages on here and i remember digging up the 185cc build by rkfinch
people like him will be taking the 150/160's well over the limits
WHERE THERES A WILL THERES A WAY

Yes I read all of Finches posts on PM and here ....... You can go to 165 with the XY150's and 178 or something like that with the YX160's but after that reliability goes out the door .......

In a lot of cases a smaller motor runs smoother and stays cooler plus is more enjoyable to ride ........

Latest posts

Back