grr som people are hopeless

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh my bad but im talking about MOST motocyclists i shouldve added that into my post sorry lol

even as I am stuck at the lights in my car, and a bike rides up the middle of the two lanes of cars to get through, I worry for him that someone is gunna open a door or something. I also think that they shouldn't put themselves in that position, and then I think Jesus, I wish I was on my bike so I could do that.

yeh lol fair enough yeh i wouldnt stick my door out on someone but they shoodnt rely put themselves in that position like ya said but yeh it wood be sweet if ya had ya bike to get through the traffic

yeh, all motorcyclists cruise through the traffic, unless ur on a fat-ass harley or something, but yeh car drivers do get pissed bi it, alot of young guys with rich dads often get pissed when their dad's buy them a porsche or bmw, go 2 show it off, and then something like a cbr1000 rolls up and flogs him, lol.
but then there is the other things like when they bump the car which does happen every couple of years for motorcyclists, happened 2 dad about 3 months ago, knocked the slightest bit of a boxster's side mirror with i think it was the inticator, the guy got a little pissed and chased him down st kilda rd! lol, but he had no chance at all.

Firstly, filtering or lanesplitting is not illegal. There are no current laws against it.

Secondly, opening your door intentionally to cause an accident IS illegal.

"Putting yourself in that position" is just another one of those sentences I stick into the 'don't give a shit' bin, along with the usual "when you're lying in hosptial" comments etc etc. They are just pointless 'general' comments made just to assist an agrument they can't justify. Lanesplitting is legal. I've even been advised my traffic police who its correctly done. I do it at a speed no greater than 10-15kph to the rest of the traffic. I agree, motorcyclists who speed between stopped traffic is asking for it. But mostly you'll see bikes moving along at just a faster pace than the rest of the traffic, like I do. Its convenient and one of the reasons why we ride. But the average person would rather whinge about it, than accept it as being part and parcel of riding. What will be next complaint against motorcyclists (aren't there many): because we have excellent fuel consumption we can't use servos as often as cars?

If you've got a small vehicle such as a motorcycle that can zip through traffic, why wouldn't you? I've been doing it for 18 years and even if they make it illegal one day I'll still do it. Its not killing anyone. If drivers can't be patient and want to chuck a tantrum because a smaller, more manoeuvrable vehicle is advancing in traffic quicker than them then thats their problem for being in a cage. I drive to work each day (mostly in winter) and I have no problem with it.

When I lanesplit I'm scanning the cars looking for eye contact etc. If the gap is too small, I stop where I'm at so I don't damage someone's car. I get the usual "wait your fucking turn" comments, but thats their problem. Too many drivers are territorial to their place in traffic. Its not such a big deal to have another vehicle in front of you.

Last edited:
Ruby, What you just said was a agrument suiting your dispute, I can do that too, You have just justicefied a reason for your stupid behavour on the road, Want me to do the same with you, Cant be bothered though, dont bother we stupid self opinionated types like you.

omg stop fightin about this shit... ooo cars r better then bikes..,.no bikes r better oahoah...shut up n get over it both r goodn n if u dont like the other 1 get over it n keep it to urself

omg stop fightin about this shit... ooo cars r better then bikes..,.no bikes r better oahoah...shut up n get over it both r goodn n if u dont like the other 1 get over it n keep it to urself

Somebody needs a hug.

I've been over it for a while now mate: I have no idea if Franky is still spewing on ... I've got him on my "ignore list". Anything I say is not in response to his comments, I'm just having my say.

:)

Last edited:
stop making stupid threads i cant even read them all they are that shit and stupid posts. making me hate miniriders! use the search button! also edit posts and stop spaming for post count

what i wahhhhing bitch..... yep thats right cry me a river princess! it ain't that bad MR EX post whore & there was like 3 thread saying this same thing, so if you could'nt find them how the hell are new members going to find info they need?

Somebody needs a hug.

I've been over it for a while now mate: I have no idea if Franky is still spewing on ... I've got him on my "ignore list". Anything I say is not in response to his comments, I'm just having my say.

ha ha yeh go ruby! if you have Franky on the ignore list you don't see his posts hay?

lanesplitting is for clowns who cant wait i will squeese them every time i see one

Why would you wait if you can lanesplit? LOL

ha ha yeh go ruby! if you have Franky on the ignore list you don't see his posts hay?

I've got no interest in anything the self-confessed motorcyclist-hater has to say anymore.

Last edited:
lanesplitting is for clowns who cant wait i will squeese them every time i see one

as Ruby said, why would you wait for two, sometimes three sets of light changes, when you could go straight to the front? It's ppl like you that end up with your car scratched, and then whinge about it.

It's ppl like you that end up with your car scratched, and then whinge about it.

boofuckinhoo.jpg

:p

hmmmmmmmmm ruby dry your eyes princess.and i dont hate bikes just the clowns who ride down the middle do it to me see what happen lmmfgdao:D

hmmmmmmmmm ruby dry your eyes princess.and i dont hate bikes just the clowns who ride down the middle do it to me see what happen lmmfgdao:D

Sorry, just itching to use the pic. Its a classic. LOL

I don't care what people say, I lanesplit, and I'm happy to do it. But I don't speed down the traffic, which you're probably speaking of.

Somebody needs a hug.

haha yeh this fight has been over many threads lol....good u put franky on ignore so none of this starts again lol :)... both bikes n cars r good in my books
and boats, trucks cars n trailers lol :)

and to those riders who arnt lane splitting.. you all get the blame for holding up traffic!!

On the Moderation note: Iv been away of late with work commitments, missus etc, so have had to put Miniriders on the backburner. Its very frustrating for the Mods to have to go through EVERY single thread, delete or move off topic posts or flamming, give out warnings, place bans, etc etc etc on a daily basis, so please.. for our sake, and the sake of mini riders, WE ARE DOING OUR BEST!

It might be worth organising a 2 or 3 day roster with the other mods in relation to coming in and cleaning up, maybe hillz on mondays jeze wednesdays, myself fridays.. leaving Rob and scott, and any other mods to just keep their eyes open..

This would work well, If everyother member was to think before posting, I believe new members should have a dedicated section in regards to purchasing new bikes, what to look for, comparisons etc. to help eliminate re posting of basic questions. Thread starting on already open topics such as how to transport your mini bike are becoming WAY to popular, SEARCH people!!

Its getting to the stage that certain members who show dedication and knowledge may be asked to take on a moderation role to help fill the void, you may be given a section to look after, be it classifieds, locatinos general tech. Nothing set in concrete just a few ideas for now. but would appreciate some more thought on this..

In the mean time guys, Ignore, lend a hand, give a thought, offer advice. Play nicely!!
Help out the community by helping out others!

Latest posts

Back