Hahaha is this guy serious?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, hopefully that thing ur writin up in the brohood will make people think twice or get a second opinion about buying a bike off ebay

yea, hopefully that thing ur writin up in the brohood will make people think twice or get a second opinion about buying a bike off ebay

Yeah same ....still haven't heard back from him :rolleyes:

Did speak to the boss though and apparently no one is selling orions in the mag ..... even if they were I think they are sh@t and am entitled to my opinion

He says he is sponsoring two goldy riders..... has anyone seen em at a track or meet ???...anywhere??...
Anyway as I said before my loyalty lies with the brotherhood and companies like MSO who are furthering and supporting the pitbike scene not raping it like some of the flea bay dealers ....I been sayin that on here for a long time and if he had a clue or cared he wouldn't be sending me threats about my job he'd be answering the questions and allegations of dodgyness raised in this thread .:cool:

and besides ...... to quote sideshow bob

" MY OPINIONS ARE AS VALID AS THE NEXT MANS ":p

Thanx for the support boys nice to know ya got my 6.(ARMY SLANG FOR 6 0'CLOCK)or my back as it's known:cool:

They dont even have USD forks and still have the weak swing arms, hard hand grips, these bikes look thrown together from last years leftovers

They dont even have USD forks and still have the weak swing arms, hard hand grips, these bikes look thrown together from last years leftovers

Yeah I sure don't see 800 in extras :rolleyes:

Anyhoo I am still waiting for a reply and my deadline for issue 26 is creepin up...think I'll call him tommorrow ;)

oh yeah ....this is what a 34 looks like on the orion site

Dirt-Bike-AGB-34-.jpg

spot the diff

e8e0_1.jpg

Last edited:
Haha well im not goin to bother starting to name the differences but I decided to call the rooster man today and it rang out and went to his message bank. He sounds like a pom or irish and he says he is from some maintanace company. I left a message but im not holding my breath waiting for a return call but ill let u know if he does.

I also noticed he has nothing listed on ebay anymore lol

just had an hour on the phone with him ....in the end ???

he's not that bad ....he understands his advert is a bit misleading and he should have said best bike for this price ...not just best bike.... I think you may see a more believable advert when he is back on ebay.
Also he may have been shafted a little by orion as well as the 34 on there site is top of the line apparently and not standard.... he says his are standard and they come standard with conventional forks ..... anyone know fore sure ???

He doesn't particularly like orions and agrees they are an entry level bike he rides a cinny but reckons he couldn't keep the store (yeah he's got a shopfont on the Goldy) if he didn't sell em .He agrees with me on alot of aspects of ebay and I honestly think after talkin to him that he resents having to deal on ebay at all but knows no other way to keep the doors open ....I think he isn't the only one either

I'm still writing the article but it's becoming more complicated than I first had thought ....these guys are not the ones that drove the margins down to this point and screw the industry....the chinese did by making the same bike in 5 different build qualities outta the same factory ranging in price from 200 us to 800 us ..... so yes there is more to this than meets the eye .

But I'm on it :cool:

i emailed this guy regarding the misleading info on the rear shock. saying that the bs66rc fastace is not more than 180 retail so why state incorrect pricing. if you offer competetive pricing and honest salesman ship you will find your bikes flying out the door. its being proven with MSO, East 50;s etc.

That's exactly what I say ........ It's NOT the chinese but the people buying the bikes in general who ultimately govern the value of something ........ You simply 'aint gunna sell an item to someone for a Ferrari price when they're on an '87 Commodore budget .......

If you look at XR75 parts , you'll see that there are scores of idiots who'll pay psychotic prices for even STOCK parts ... far above what they're really worth ... I've seen a stock intake manifold sell for $247 US and stock pipes sell for over $1000 US ....

What ebay does is allows people to buy what they want for the price they CAN afford or WANT to afford ...... IF the price is too high ...... the sale will simply NEVER happen .... especially when most people buying the bikes aren't racing nor for that matter have a legal place to ride the damned things .....

A boat for sale has high value to people who live near the ocean and zero value for people who live in the middle of Australia with no water in sight .....

How can you sensibly pay a lot of cash for a bike you can rarely ride without getting fined out of existence for your efforts ??????? So for a business to survive ..... they have to cater to all types of people , their needs and budgets .... One mans junk is another mans gold ....

The main thing we need to fight against are the people who charge Ferrari prices but offer '87 Commodore value ....... :p

are you reffering my my 87 vl commodore???

hahaha just kidden bud lol

You didn't spend $50,000 getting it resprayed in genuine Ferrari red paint did you ???

The shops giving back to the sport argument can only carry weight if the said shop is funding or providing a legal riding area for its customers and others in the hobby to ride their purchases in the local area ........ A racing specific track only caters to a select few and so ONLY applies to a select few ........

Either that or they'd have to match or beat ebay prices on the best quality parts ....

Man I'll never get this done by next deadline ..... some very valid points cactus .
Though some shops give back through sponsorship and r&d ...if we left that to ebay we'd all be on ag bikes with pitbike frames stuck on em.

The other is I think crew are more pissed about the claims of 800 worth the extras and 300 fast ace shock etc etc ....I understand there is a place in the market for these bikes ... just think they should be advertised as an entry level bike ....that way crew wouldn't be so crushed when it breaks and they come here and everybody tells em they're shit .

hey dready good luck with all this it looks like we have all set you quite a difficult task

The other is I think crew are more pissed about the claims of 800 worth the extras and 300 fast ace shock etc etc ....I understand there is a place in the market for these bikes ... just think they should be advertised as an entry level bike ....that way crew wouldn't be so crushed when it breaks and they come here and everybody tells em they're shit .

I wasn't defending that guy , I fully agree with what you're saying 100% ....... I think you'll find that he's covered by this quote : [The main thing we need to fight against are the people who charge Ferrari prices but offer '87 Commodore value .......:p ] Exaggerating value , HP figures , general bike or part description , specifications , carb sizes etc also falls into that category .....

I try hard to not throw dirt on anyone's bike once they own it .... doing so can only put people off Mini Riders .... at a time when we want to encourage and hang on to new members ....

I think one of the main things to advise people is to buy bikes that have parts that are transferable onto better quality frames .. ie CRF or KLX plastics , tank and seat ... at least then if the frame bends or breaks it's easy to swap all of the other parts over to a new stronger frame .... Most of the parts off Atomics and twin spar frames are useless unless you buy another stock frame ... I think that's one of the main reasons why people don't like them ...

hey dready good luck with all this it looks like we have all set you quite a difficult task

All good bruz .... difficult but necessary :cool:

I just think it's really important we do it right which means I won't get it done in time for issue 26 as the deadline is creeping .... all good I'll bang out somethin else for 26 .

This will give us time to do it right for issue 27.....Cactus as usual you are dead on the money and really appreciate your help ,you know more about these things than most I have met in the industry brother and don't know if I'd take on this particular fight without ya keep it comin :cool:.

That goes for everyone else too .....cheers.

are u F***ing retarded jakey why do u swear in every post u spaz

Back