handlebar suggestions?????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROMPA

Reaction score
hey guys had a stack today on my 125cc assasin pitbike and bent the handle bars.the bars that were on it were coloured alloy bars i bought off ebay.
my question is what handle bars do u recommend?
and not that im planning to but if i do stack it again will any bars i buy just bend anyway?is it worth spending big bucks on brand name bars or will they just bend also?

any help would be great guys cheers

Show us a pic of what you had, that would give us a better idea of what would suit. I have a set of protaper 7/8ths which are a nice set of bars but i found a bit low for me, so i now have a set of RHK bmx style bars which i much prefer for jumping and rough stuff + they are 1/2 the price of the pro-tapers

yeah but timeeh ur 7 foot tall lol just jokes mate its what u find comftable

i have had some success with bmx bars, infact they saved a weekend of riding

Protaper/tag or any decent brand...I had a set of protaper bmx bars for 5 years and never had a problem. now iv got S&M slam bars, they cost me $55 from danscomp.com and their the most comfortable bars Iv had. Genuine brands is where its at

^At that price im gonna guess they'll be just as strong as your current ones. Note it is only a pro taper pad, they are NOT pro taper bars. If you want stonger ones, try here
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/pro-taper-seven-eights-low-rise-bar-honda-mini/025258
+ you'll be supporting one of the groups supporting us :)

yeh i know there not protaper bars i just got them cause the stock ones were bent and i just got the bike and wanted to ride it but just didnt know if its worth spending the extra on sum protaper bars if there just gunna do the same thing.thanks for the feed back guys time to go shopping

Renthal, Tag, Protaper. They're all well known brands of quality bars that will take quite a bit of abuse.

I stacked my old 02 yz250 in 3rd pinned so maybe 70kmh into a power pole and the protapers on it were still straight after that incident

My atomik bars have had a beating but not the slightest bend (other then how they came of caurse:))
Will the big name bars give better handling?

the better brand bars will give you less flex, and less vibrations,
they can change how long you can ride for, without your arms/hands feeling like they are going to fall off.

but in saying that, i still have the original bars on all of my bikes.
i'm sure i'd be changing them for better ones if i had the cash spare

It Depends on what sort of bike you have too, crfs tend to run BMX style bars because they are smaller and need more knee clearance. pitbikes tend to run more bigbike style bars like the "protaper contours". it really just depends whats comfortable for your style of bike

My atomik bars have had a beating but not the slightest bend (other then how they came of caurse:))

Funny mine bent like butter at the first sign of dirt :p Although i did like the feel of them, for my height they were the perfect set of bars, and nothing iv'e found in brand names has the same feel.

mine are still straight too on the Fuse, but they vibrate like anything at 100kph

Ive had ProTaper 7/8th bars on all my dirt minibikes and never bent them and i have and my stepson Tristan have had some big crashes with these bars on the bikes and never bent them.

Latest posts

Back