Hard Drive Recovery

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
I recently had a external HD go on me so I took it to my Boffin mate who's a pc repair man and apparently to do a full recovery by the company he uses at worst case scenario it can cost near $1000. And your house n contents will only cover you for the replacement of a new one! :(

So I did some asking a round, turns out you can take the little computer board of the back of em and send it to a company in Canada and they'll put your chip of your old board on a new one and send it back for $50+ postage!

(This only works if it's the boards fooked n not the disc thingy!)

But if like my HD your pc recognises the drive but won't open. You can get this program called EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard that will try n recover all your lost stuff! :thumbup:

Now I had 1.8 Gb to recover and it took 38 hours to source the data and another 50 to retrieve it but it's all there! Worth a try IMO :)

nice work ! and you've saved yourself enough money to buy a Daytona 150

They're on special for $1199 atm too....I totally havnt been looking at engines or anything.....

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

nah, you didn't read it properly stu, Daytona 150's are $999, and Corey has saved himself close on $1000

Ah must be the 4v190 for 1200....anyway Mr I forget to do up you stator bolt so the flywheel really turns into a flying wheel....

^^^^ hahahahaha

Master Spanner Spinner comes unstuck.

Happens to the best of us. :)

The scary part is it was tightened in front of me! Think the woodruff key came loose then the flywheel spun itself off! But is ok now and explained the noise before it cut out yesterday! So all sorted and going again!!

I recently had a external HD go on me so I took it to my Boffin mate who's a pc repair man and apparently to do a full recovery by the company he uses at worst case scenario it can cost near $1000. And your house n contents will only cover you for the replacement of a new one! :(

So I did some asking a round, turns out you can take the little computer board of the back of em and send it to a company in Canada and they'll put your chip of your old board on a new one and send it back for $50+ postage!

(This only works if it's the boards fooked n not the disc thingy!)

But if like my HD your pc recognises the drive but won't open. You can get this program called EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard that will try n recover all your lost stuff! :thumbup:

Now I had 1.8 Gb to recover and it took 38 hours to source the data and another 50 to retrieve it but it's all there! Worth a try IMO :)

Yeah, try the softwares if u can, they often recover some of your data at least...... Most hard drives fail cause the magnets go out of balance, so that's why taking the chip out and having it put into a new drive works.... My partner and I used to own a computer shop, and we used to have businesses pay the $1000 to get their data back!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back