Has anyone had problems dealing with TPG ? ...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactus Jack

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems dealing with TPG ? ...

We went to them for broadband and they jerked us around for 11 days before finally connecting it up ...

Our experience was lousy customer service ... At first they stated it'd take 3-5 days ... then they said another 3 days ... then they said another 3 days and it would definitely be connected on Monday ...

On Tuesday ... after calling them again and waiting on hold , they FINALLY said it was set up ... but then we STILL weren't connected ...

On attempting to call them at 6.10 PM we got an automated message stating that they were overloaded with Internet customer enquiries and to try again later or the next day ... So I bypassed that crap by calling to enquire about another service and then hitting them up about our problem ... :D

They tried to fob us off with the "We'll call you within 24 hours BS " ... So I cut loose with a tirade of abuse and colourful Aussie language about their crappo business practices ...

I told them if it wasn't connected by the end of Tuesday as they'd stated earlier on after failing to do it on Monday ... then they could jam their "service" where it fits and we'll go elsewhere to another company who DOES do what they say they are going to do ... WHEN they say they'll do it ...

We were connected fairly quickly after I hung up ...

Their call centre is based in the Philippines (I thought it was India ... :p) ...

At the end of the day ... there IS a common "Universal" language that all Nationalities understand when it comes to the crunch ... :cool:

Last edited:
I been on TPG for about a year and it's been sweet, best ISP I've used.
But the customer service is meant to suck pretty bad so lucky I've had no connection problems.
But it's the cheapest ISP in aus giving you shitloads of gig's for ya dollar, I guess customer service is the sacrifice to get such a good connection

I guess customer service is the sacrifice to get such a good connection

+1

Been with them for a while, great speed and plenty of downloads. But when we had a problem (constant drop outs) it took a long time to get fixed, and many hours on the phone.

That being said, turned out to be Telstra's problem (go figure)

Great ISP, but as above, lacking in the customer service department. Small price to pay IMO

Soul Communications canned the plan we were on and separated the phone bill from the internet bill ... effectively more than doubling the cost for the exact same services ...

So I was primed beforehand ... When TPG took so damned long to switch us over it got really annoying ... I'd had enough of paying for a high cost slow poke dial up service and wanted out ASAP ...

If their ADSL2+ broadband runs smoothly and reliably then that'll be great ...

telstra sucks balls dunno what tpg is just telstra has blocked us from seeking any other provider our net blocked all there sights, but hope it works out for ya

Yeah stuff Telstra for a joke ... we choofed them off a looonngg time ago ...

It seemed to me that Soul/TPG were trying to keep us stuck on dial up for as long as they could ... The original plan was $59 per month which included internet , phone line rental , private number , unlimited free local calls / internet and $2.00 for 2 hrs long distance calls ... At most our bill was $80 with long distance calls ...

Then they changed it so we had to pay for their internet service PLUS $69 just for the phone ... they removed the free local calls and reduced the long distance call time to 1 hr ... We never make local calls so we only had to pay for long distance calls ... Well the internet started cutting out a lot and every redial up was a local call ... The phone bill alone jumped to $109 ... and coupled with the internet bill we were now paying what amounted to around $140 per month for dial up ...

It was tolerable at $70 ~ $80 for the lot ... but a real piss off at the new cost ...

Last edited:
As no_crf said, TPG has great plans and bad service.

I still stand by Optus Cable. It is still one of the fastest resedential connections available at a cheap price for reasonable downloads. It's unfortunate that cable isn't available everywhere.

In saying that, I will have a 42mb Telstra wireless dongle in the next couple of weeks to play with. Should get some good speeds of that bad boy. :D

Yeah there's no cable where we live and we were told by friends that standard broadband wasn't much better than dial up due to poor service/signal availability (mobile phones cut out if you don't stand in the right spot) ... that's why we never got broadband on before ...

TPG seems OK ... We're getting 100mbps ... dial up was 44kbps ... so it's heaps faster ...

Last edited:
i use internode , best on the market IMO aussie based ausse service and service is what they do , i havnt spoken to a indian call waker for yrs since joining internode , they even call you back if you have to wait longer than 4 mins on hold , bloody brilliant

i use internode , best on the market IMO aussie based ausse service and service is what they do , i havnt spoken to a indian call waker for yrs since joining internode , they even call you back if you have to wait longer than 4 mins on hold , bloody brilliant

+1

Internode are by far my favourite ISP for service, unfortunately I'm a DL whore so I'm with TPG... As mentioned, service sucks but they offer the most Giggage for my $ so I'm stuck with them for now :p

um shit i cant remember but i can download a movie at 400kbs, faster than i can watch it , im on 50 gig a month no peak off peak bullshiitt cost me 100 every 3 months , i think thats the best around or was when i joined up 3 yrs ago , since then i have had dropouts but never internodes fault its the crappy pitt my line is in , optus is there carrier , so in three yrs it has dropped out on me 2 times , both times internode has done there best to get it sorted out in under 2 days , biggest problem is the shittty pitts they have in my area and no maintenance for yrs , that is optus << who brought the shitty lines from telstra

i would say i love to speak to aussies when i have a problem < not very often > ,, they are like i said more than helpfull

, so i think adsl2 , ioh yea that also includes my home phone as i have nodephone , no line retal and 10bucks credit a month , 18 cent calls aus wide mobile or land base , so all up every quater i have a bill of around 130 , depends on the phone useage tho , and my wife will talk on a phone for 3hrs no problem , so very cheap i think ,,and aussie aussie aussie

another thing i will add , is i like to shop aussie and i know tpg aint , for the lil bit off money saved and gig amount i dont think there on par with internode ,IMO that is

but then again it is different for all users depending on there exchange and distance from exchange , as mine is only less than 500 mtrs away i get fast speed , i think , im no expert , thats what i have no crf here , petes no. for , he's the expert

+1 for internode I am with them have been for two years with nothing to complain about same as snitchy had a few dropouts but always the fault of the exchange and the people who own the lines (helstra). Same experience as snitchy always fast help when needed and always an aussie on the line that actualy knows what they are doing. I have set several of my customers up with internode and not one has had a problem that was to dificult for them to resolve quickly. Highly recommend them.

i'm getting mad speed from tpg...
10mbit/s that's downloading at 1 megabyte a second!
only 100kbit a second is pathetic that's hardly even useable for general browsing IMO

i'm with tpg there shit internode is shit there all ****in shit ****s

sorry i cant get adsl2 out here yet but 50 bux for 50gig takes ages to use but it is surfice for the short contract i'm on

hopefully the 2+ upgrade is done before my contract is finished

Latest posts

Back