Have i made a mistake?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineThumpy

Reaction score
still dont know what to think about it yet, but i dont reckon it doesnt looks too bad.
should i have kept it chrome?
deffinatelly gonna be a bit of a head turner. never seen this on a thumpy frame before.

i think it looks alright,
i see a bit of patchyness in the round cutouts, just takes practice to get it on eveny/consistantly.
but it still looks good.
is that the Duplicolor candy blue?

you could always add some more blue anodised bits or paint up a few other bits to continue the blue theme.

I'm not a fan of it, but I say run it for a while, might grow on you, can always strip it later on down the track

with the side covers etc, or over polished stuff is ok.
using the coarse silver metallic base coat first will give it a standout sparkling candy finish.

Yeah I though the magneto cover was a bit much too, but I can always sand that back and polish it with no problem, yeah I did notice its a bit patchy in the cutouts, so hard to get it evenly in there tho, I'm not sure what the colour is cold but the product is the VHF anodising enamel, the picture doesn't show it like it really is, you can't still see the chrome through the blue, I didn't want it to cover to a solid blue cover, just the transparent blue, it's already grown on me quite a bit, when I first did it I was like, uh oh, but when it was all back together I though it wasn't too bad, ahh well, it's different I guess.

You just need to eliminate some of the black(like black swingarm would look better silver) and remove the blue side case. Then a new sticker kit would bring it all together. But the frame photo on its own looks good.

was just bout to paint my frame same colour exept i was going to leave the subframe n polish it or paint the sub n polish the frame , nice =)

i like! just not too sure about the blue magneto cover! maybe a little too much! if u like it keep it! who cares what we think :)

Yeah im with Nicko, I don't mind the frame colour but having the magneto cover the same colour looks just not right, but like craig said make sure the frame gets a good coat to cover the few thin patches and I reckon it will grow on you mate, love the frame.

Thanks guys. I do want the swinger back to silver, but I'm not sure whether to sand it all back and polish it up or just go over it with some nice silver, subframe is done in the silver, will be definitely be getting a new sticker kit, it was on it when I bought it and I hate monster, n yeah will probly get rid of the magneto cover. I would like to have it chrome but then I think it will make the rest of the engine look crap, no not sure, might just chuck a stock same colour one back on it, also what's not in the pic is a bash plate done in the same colour, but I think that aswell just makes it a little too much.

Latest posts

Back