Having issues with sprockets / rev

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSV_Hunny04

Reaction score
right i posted a question a few weeks ago about bigger sprockets so atm i have a 16 tooth on front and a 41 on back but it seems like when i am just putting around going slow i have to kind of ride the clutch and keep the revs up i tryed turning the throttle screw a little bit to keep the revs up but yea still no go, but when putting the original 15 tooth sprocket back on the front problem still there just wondering if there is any kind of adjustments to do with throttle or changing to other size sprockets?? but keep in mind once riding fast there is no problem at all with the performance of the bike its awesome

I thought so by your pic next to your name you may have to try a 13 or 14 tooth sprocket on the front but you have to remember the smaller the sprocket on the front the less topend speed. I think a 13 tooth front will be the way to go with a 14 inch rear wheel but you can pickup front sprockets cheap on ebay etc so it might be a idea to get both a 13 and 14 tooth front sprocket.

No worries mate i think you will find the 13 tooth will be the way to go but like i said you will loose a bit of topend speed but you should get there quicker.

Ive got a Takegawa 13T front sprocket here un-used still in the original packet if you want one

Should be a 17mm on the 140, def try the 14 or 13, im the same with my 155 with v2 but cant restrict my topend so i put up with it but it does suck, i want bottom end, mid range and topend but i never get what i want lol.

nickv1980 how much? i will check the size 2morrow, yea well i am kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place i love the top end speed i am getting now but where i ride its not always flat out speeds all the time so i kind of wish i can get the best of both worlds but by the looks of it i cant get what i want but yes i will be seriously lookin at getting the 13 and 14 tooth just to try which one is the best for me

$10 shipped will do ya

But if you haven't tried a 14 yet id try it first i personally run a 14t front and its perfect for me I've got a 15t and 13t sitting in the garage

i'll grab the 13t if HSV doesn't want it, i will stick it on the Dune Buggy.

i'll grab the 13t if HSV doesn't want it, i will stick it on the Dune Buggy.

Yeah not a problem mate ... HSV am i right to pass it on since your going a 14T ?? or would you still like to grab it anyway ??? its your choice i offered it to you first

Latest posts

Back