having problem with my bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4minitruckin

Reaction score
I bought a orion 125 pit bike about a month ago. I can get it to crank and runs great for a couple minutes then dies i can crank it right back up and it does the same thing. I have tryed cleaning the carb and ajusting it a bunch of different times. it is a Mikuni a 24or 26 mm it has the fuel screw on the bottom ive changed the coil and that didnt work the kill switch is on

yep always do your valve clearances before messing with the carby and electrics,

I think this is the best video showing how to do it: YouTube - How to check valve timin on Honda 50 70 cc motors

here's a guide made by one of our members: http://www.miniriders.com.au/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html

another good one: QingQi (Qlink) 200GY Illustrated Valve Adjustment - MyChinaMoto

after looking at all those guides you should have a pretty good idea of what you need to do, good luck

ok i took the top valve cover off then i took the bottom on off and oil started coming out not just a few drops either whats up with that??????

ok i have checked the cdi, coil,valve clear, cleaned the carb numerous times,spark plug i havent checked the stator like i said the bike runs and then dies after a minute or so but then i can crank it right back up any other ideas

the breather cap is good the fuel is new i didnt check the vavles when it was warm i will have to try that another time. I did put another motor on an sdg 125 it ran good and didnt die like the orion did only thing is that it has bolt holes in the bottom of the engine were an oil cooler bolted up does any one know what size bolts i could use to plug them. and if u have any other ideas on the orion engine please let me know.

on that sdg 125 it has bolt holes on the bottom of the engine for an external oil cooler can i just plug thoes holes or will it effect how it runs i did this a little while ago and cranked it up ran it for a few minutes and the engine was really hot the exaust pipe was glowing red

Latest posts

Back