headstock slop

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruggs

Reaction score
I've just got a billetware frame and bought fast 50's tapered roller bearings to fit the frame with my stock crf 50 forks.

I have put the forks in and the bearings are seating correctly but the top cap (the one u wind down with the cut outs on it) winds all the way down and can't go any further and the front end has slop (can rock it back and forth + up and down slightly) is this to do with the stock forks steam or can i pack between the bearing and top cap with washers to get some tension between the two?

any help would be great!!

yeah sounds like the stem is too long..

1 work around is to place thick washers between the bottom bearing and the lower fork clamp, but make sure you dont raise the bearing too much as it may have a seating area on the stem...

wouldn't think it would be too long as I thought they would make the frame to suit but it could be it.

does it have to be on the bottom or could i put them at the top?

could I have maybe put them in the wrong way as in the top should be on the bottom and vise versa?they seem to be sitting right to me?

Latest posts

Back