heat wrapping

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JAZ-SFT

hey guys just wondering if you think its a good idea to wrap your exhaust on your bike

its a good idea if you want to stop burning yourself, or you dont like the look of the guard setup. a few of my mates have done it, only to take it off a few weeks later to find their exhausts have rusted badly.

I have never burnt myself on the exhaust while riding.. ever.

Not trying hard enough Zacky lol or you've never stacked to your right and been stuck under ya bike with ya leg roasting underneath it.

Not trying hard enough Zacky lol or you've never stacked to your right and been stuck under ya bike with ya leg roasting underneath it.

yeah that would kane, i havent stacked much though :p i dont push hard enough

I just did mine cost me about $55 sanded back the exhaust first then some heat proof paint then soaked the wrapping in a bucket of water to stop fiberglass floating around and inhaling it and it helps with the wrapping process do one full wrap around itself then half over half as you go keep it real tight till you get all the way to the end than clamp both ends with hose clamps then wait 24 hours for it to dry and retighten hose clamps and done hope that helps

I heat wrapped a while back, i still have it on now. It really helps when you accidentally touch the exhaust while its hot

thanx guys yeh just did it before up early so I could get it done fekk so much easier than on a manifold on a car hahah used 2 clamps and sanded the exhaust and used some primer so it doesn't rust id post some pics but not sure on here cant seem to figure out uploading an **** yet on miniriders hense why I don't have a dp :confused-smiley-013

use the Insert Image tab in the box where you write your replys, it is the 3rd from the right at the top.

otherwise start up an account with Photobucket, load all your pics there,
then just copy and paste them here

Heat wrap, one of the best things I've ever done. MUST use white, never black as the dye runs when it gets wet. It does enclose the heat and push it out the back, so you may, only may need to rejet.

decent quality (VHT) black heat proof paint works fine for colouring the wrap

Latest posts

Back