Heavier clutch springs

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtrider

Reaction score
I've done a serch on clutch springs and come up with not much. I want to know what springs can you replace the std one's on a lifan 120 motor. I've heard that you can use springs from a trx 90 is this true? I noticed that my clutch has been slipping since a put a cam in, has anyone else had this problem after adding a cam.:D

Since nobody has answered you yet ..... yes !!!! The yanks reckon TRX90 clutch and even valve springs will work well on Lifan engines ...... check out Planet Minis ....... :)

Incidentally , check your clutch plates out to make sure they're not glazed .... (dark and shiny looking) ...... the yanks also reckon KX80 friction plates will fit and make a big improvement .......

Last edited:
Cheers for that. I've got a new 4 plate clutch on it's way so i'm looking in to it so i can mod the new clutch when it turns up. Was thinking about it and was wornding if a washer under the spring would work, just to save a few $$$.;)

You could pack the springs for added tension but check that they don't coil bind ........ you should have gone to a 5 plate clutch .......

I've had clutches that slip yet the plates were still the proper thickness and they didn't look glazed ...... so I replaced them anyway and the new plates solved the problem .......

Latest posts

Back