Hehe broken again

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flarry

Certified MR Member
Reaction score
Well I dont usually post up about stuff that I broke on my bike because I would have to make over 100 threads but this ones sorta funny.

After breaking over 20 steel straps that hold on the muffler I baught a CNC one that wont break, guess I should have put a rubber grommet between the clamp and the bracket, the bracket broke off instead.

DSCN4447.jpg

You cant say thats from bad riding, just hard riding, I was going over some woops in 4th and bang it broke off, never thaught I'd have this problem again but my bike was due to break.

Time to weld her back on with a better bracket!

Last edited:
What is it with mufflers today???

We went out riding all day today. My mate Steve had the same break, and lost his muffler over a jump, another friend Dave had an identical problem, and my exhaust flange vibrated loose ... lots of "pop, pop, pop".

:rolleyes:

Yeah they vibrate alot, you just have to use some loctite and get a good strap if the first one breaks.

I baught a CNC one that wont break, guess I should have put a rubber grommet between the clamp and the bracket, the bracket broke off instead.
!

Hahaha thats funny!!!

youll weld the bracket back strong now, and next ride your frame will snap off lol

Hehehe, that'd be right. Im putting a rubber washer in this time, like the oil cooler bracket has.

i reckon murphy had his hand on that one ha
there a silly design i reckon really rigid so when your subframe bends
the pipe twists the guts of the zorst and it starts spitting out your packing

if you work some thin out to give em a bit of flexi without sacrificing strength let us know

LOL. My electrid box thingy broke off when I was riding. I knew it was going to brake.

everything seems to fall off, lol, i lost mi stand in a big field, never found it, lost the airfilter cover, blew away, i lost mi front brake lever! :eek: it was dangling from the bars rattling agnst the front wheel for like 10 mins im just thinking "what's that clicking noise??" lol. i hear that the oil cooler always falls off 140's?? hor do u prevent this happening? cheers

that sucks, mine hasn't broken yet hope it doesn't happen.

Should of waited and got the new pitpro, the exhaust is spring loaded on :p

Welded it back on about a week ago, turned out like this.

DSCN4456.jpg

DSCN4457.jpg

After breaking over 20 steel straps that hold on the muffler I baught a CNC one that wont break, guess I should have put a rubber grommet between the clamp and the bracket, the bracket broke off instead.

You cant say thats from bad riding, just hard riding.

Time to weld her back on with a better bracket!

If you take a really good look at where it cracked ........ you can clearly see that it happened gradually over time ..... the front is rusted and old looking but the rear looks freshly broken off ....... that's why people should regularly check their frame and parts over .... looking for hairline cracks ...... they look like a fine scratch ..... it's simpler and easier to deal with them before they get worse or let go and cause more damage or even injury to the rider .......

Chrome moly especially won't gradually bend but it'll crack and let go suddenly ........ that doesn't mean it's crap ....... moly race car chassis' fail suddenly and without warning ........ for the prices you can buy the twin pipe chromo pit bike frames for ........ it's pretty pointless knocking them ...... you couldn't even dream of making them cheaper yourself .......... I remember when sellers were wanting $400 + for the same frames ........

When an exhaust is fitted ..... it should not be forced to align any bolt holes ..... the holes need to line up without putting tension on anything ........ that's why car exhausts are mounted with rubber hangers .......... :)

Latest posts

Back