Hello Everyone, New Bike Choice?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeyBoii

Reaction score
hello everyone my name is Jake, i am new here

i am looking to purchase a pocket bike (road bike style one) im 21 in may and living in Melbourne, Australia!

thanks guys.

I'm Intrested in this bike
it cost $2895 is it worth it?
DSC02632.JPG

Last edited:
hi, welcome to Miniriders,

what brand is it, and what motor does it use?

Looks like it has a yx150 or 160 in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

hey guys, this is the only info the website says,

Name: MiniGP 160RR
Description: MiniGP 160RR - ready for racing. 160cc 2/4 valve, 4-stroke oil cooled engine - kick start - electronic ignition - 26mm Mikuni carburettor - 1/4 turn throttle. Racing in 2011.
Extras: 160cc

i'm a complete noob when it comes to anything to do with bikes/cars etc, i've never had an interest in them until now :)

all help would be appricated :)

thank you

That issue don't bother me to much :)

well, 3 grand is alot of money.. the engine is worth $600 so what are you really paying for?
i would recommend a http://www.pitsterpro.com.au/prod13.htm and then put some motard tyres on it if need be..

but if you are not riding where you should be then no one wants you on a pitbike because you make us look bad.. why dont you just go legal? you could buy somthing on the road for less than 3g

I don't think I'd even ride it, I'd probably end up using it as decoration who knows.

I wouldn't ride it where I shouldn't be, I'm not like that :)

Also, I've never liked dirt bikes I don't know why

Last edited:
It looks pretty good quality but 3k is alot of cash, if its just for decoration you could buy a 2stroke 49cc pocket bike for well under a grand painted up to look just as good

Who is selling it mate, $3000 is a bit of cash but if you have the coin and think it is worth it then go for it.

Yeah pretty cheap but they only look fast, just a slightly sportier version of a scooter. Mate got one for his missus for 3200 on road, good value and its a honda so it'll run forever

If you want opinions then here's mine:

3k is alot of money. By the looks you aren't really get a whole lot of moneys worth.

If it's for decoration get a canvas printed of a 50k bike for a 100 bucks.

As far as investment goes, the moment you buy it the value will go down considerably, if you ever re-sell it you will make a loss (pretty obvious lol)

WHAT THE HELL IS 2/4 valve meant to mean LOL

there will be little enjoyment that can be had out of it unless you are racing it with mates..

3g i would not even pay 300 because i can buy a atomik 50 new for 250 and have more fun...

you might be right, i gotta find out why it's so expensive, they have other pocket bikes for 13k too :/

Sent: Monday, 29 April 2013 11:15 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: why does the MiniGP 160RR cost so much?

hey before i buy it, i was wondering what make this bike worth the 3k ?

John Monty - PRI
1:06 PM (7 minutes ago)

to me
Hi Jake,
What do you expect to get for $3k?

yeah, that was very helpful, answering a question with another question..

Sent: Monday, 29 April 2013 11:15 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: why does the MiniGP 160RR cost so much?

hey before i buy it, i was wondering what make this bike worth the 3k ?

John Monty - PRI
1:06 PM (7 minutes ago)

to me
Hi Jake,
What do you expect to get for $3k?

yeah, that was very helpful, answering a question with another question..
one that is worth the money i pay for it
good luck selling bikes with that additude

Latest posts

Back