Helmet

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakn 50

Reaction score
Hey guys,
the other day i was walking home from a mates house and i found a helmet... it looks pretty scratched and i am wanting to paint it.
what would be step by step to paint helmet??
same steps as painting bike.
sand, prime then color?

peakn 50

persobnaly i wouldnt touch or were a helmet u just found lol

yeah lol, it was my neighbours helmet. i know who was wearing it so doesnt really bother me.
would it be alot cheaper to just buy one??
how much wud it be for a cheap helmet.. not a top of the range one.

i got a brand new fox one for sale mate pm me its very cheap as it dont fit me pics in the for sale section

go with seduces lid mate..

Consider how much your head is worth.... Is your head worth 25 dollars or is it worth 250 dollars?
if you answered $25... by all means, hit your find with some sand paper and remover the manufactorors paint and ADR approved sticker, then get some bog, fill in any imperfections(scratches dents, CRACKS.....:rolleyes:) then hit it with a nice coat of paint, add some stickers(so it wont split on impact) and hope to HELL that you can ride.. coz it wont last long!!

SPEND THE MONEY ON A NEW LID, no nits, no cracks, and confidence that should its job need to be done.. well there is more chance it WILL be done...

taken from the arai site:

No matter how good it may look, or how well you take care of it, age still takes its toll. Even with minimal use, a helmet is affected by things like the acids and oils in sweat, haircare products, pollution, exposure to UV rays, etc. At about the five-year mark, helmet interiors begin to show wear and/or deterioration, which should serve as an alert to its overall condition. The helmet's fit may begin to feel a little "loose", not as snug as it once did. This unseen aging and deterioration of the EPS liner and fiberglass shell can affect the helmet's ability to perform in an impact as it was originally designed.

The 5 year rule should be taken from the date of manufacture which is stamped on the inside of a new helmet, or in the caes of an arai on the helmet strap, and not from the date you bought it as retailers buy in bulk they may have had the helmet a year or so before you buy it, just check when your buying it...Apparently Shoei helmets only deteriorate once they start to be used if they are kept out of sunlight in a cool place before being used, i have been informed, but again its up to yourself to check how old the helmet is your buying....

yeah lol, it was my neighbours helmet. i know who was wearing it so doesnt really bother me.
would it be alot cheaper to just buy one??
how much wud it be for a cheap helmet.. not a top of the range one.

you can get decent cheap helmets(impact,Xsonic etc..)for about $100-$120,or fox and most other good brands start at about $180.
And if it is really your neighbours helmet why didnt you give it back to them?
Or if they dont want it back then that means something is def' wrong with it and i would not use it.
Or if you just want the experience paint it up and use it as a ornament!!

yeah true, yeh it is hard rubbish atm around my area and my neighbour was going to throw it out and he gave it to me,
i agree, the helmet isnt that great it is pretty crap. i might just spend $100 and get a new one.
might paint it and make it look good... might use it for now tho.
thanks for the advice guys.

yeah true, yeh it is hard rubbish atm around my area and my neighbour was going to throw it out and he gave it to me,
i agree, the helmet isnt that great it is pretty crap. i might just spend $100 and get a new one.
might paint it and make it look good... might use it for now tho.
thanks for the advice guys.

words_in_one_ear.gif

When words "go in one ear and out the other" or a person has to read something more than once to understand it.

Other symptoms

-doesn't follow directions well
-gets lost easily
-can't get the main idea
-misses out on humor
-communicates poorly

:D

i would just buy a new one.
city motorbikes have helmets advertised as cheap as $69
so if u just want something cheap thats what i would be buying.
my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and im getting my parents to get me a helmet as my other one is about 10 years old and is so small it hurts my head, lol.

depending what suburb u are in , i think epping motorcycles has oneal ones reduced from about $200 to $120.

ill just double check on that though

MOTO XXX FIBERGLASS
WAS $200.00
NOW $99.99

IMPACT HELMETS WAS $120 NOW $99.99, LIMITED SIZES AND COLOURS

the link fr that web site is sb262815 - HOME and the stuff on sale is in the products section

so i should get rid off the Nolan G-rex ive been wearing for 10 years and repainted about 2 years ago and has had the duckbill glued back on 4 times?:eek:

yeah cust. i rekon it might be that time ;)

maybe invest in one of these :rolleyes:... just dont get it wet:D

bamboohelmet.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back