HELP Can't Start My Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer it doesnt spark so whats wrong my magneto, cdi or coil. im asking how to individually test em. and as of today i have lost compression. this bike is really starting to piss me off

you might have lost compression because the spark plug is out...

and i have exactly the same problem!!! and have NO idea how to fix!!

this is helping.

Check you valve lash clearance

Starting to sound like you have a valve stuck open, probably due to zero valve lash. This can be checked and adjusted relatively easily.
It has been covered else where in this forum - (Sorry don't have the link)

Rob

ive seen the BBR one but that engine is different to mine. Do you know if there is one that suits my engine?

ok now it has compression but still no start even after i kicked it a million and one times

O.k...lets get back to the last time when it was running, you said in one of your posts...........DID A BURNOUT...right? Well if your chain was slack, it could be possible that the chain has damage the wiring to the magento, as they are fitted real close to each other other your type of bike.

To inspect this, do the following:
1. Remove the front sprocket cover
2. Inspect the wiring from the magneto back to the wiring plug.
3. Make sure that wiring is intact and not showing any actual wire.

Sometimes, even a bear wire that is earthed, will cause the engine to start.

yer i did that just last night and the wires were fine
also i got a multimeter, where do i attach it to the magneto to test it?

Last edited:
Was fiddling with my magneto yesterday i when i went to start it today it started. But was idling really rough and when u put throttle on sounded really crap and died, now i cant get it started again so i think the carb needs a tune but when it started i hadn't put the grounding wire back on properly. could this be why it started or just a flook.

My bike started today and i have no idea why. its running alright but the carby isnt set right so i need to know the standard settings for a 30mm mikuni carby.

to test magneto and coil, use the mutimeter and place it on the plug that comes from the cdi box. cant tell u exactly wat color wires as they vary, but ur lookin for continuity or resistance.pretty simple to check.

Latest posts

Back