Help choosing new big bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shing

Reaction score
So I think its time for me to upgrade from my Yamaha WR400F to something else. Dont get me wrong, its a sweet bike. But I want to try something else.

I will be probably getting the bike in the near future, maybe early-mid next year. So no real hurry.

I have 3 to decide from:
Husqvarna TE310
Husqvarna TE450
Yamaha WR450F

They will either be 09 or 10 models. Not really fussed. But they have to be road reg. (which they are) because I ride on the road quite often.

So Im after anyone with any experience on these bikes.

Im beginning to lean towards the Huskys because I have previously had a TTR230, WR250R and my 400. But I dont know which one I should go for, the 450 or 310:confused:

Cheers fellas!!

i would go for a Yamaha WR450F but thats me cause i dont like Husqvarna

all the bikes you have listed are awesome bikes so yr cant go wrong with either.

but id choose a 450

the wr450r are the way to go and wat kind of riding will you be doin

Do you guys mean WR450F?

Well both bikes are enduro class bikes and I do mainly trail riding with the occasional jump. Nothing too serious.

No offense shrimpy, but im after a more unbiased opinion. And Im not willing to just go and buy another Yammy, considering my past 3 bikes where all Yamaha. While they have all been awesome bikes, I want to try something different.

well i say stay away from the yamaha. they heaps of crap. so go with one of the huskys.

well i say stay away from the yamaha. they heaps of crap. so go with one of the huskys.

lol is tht the best advice you can give mate...spose you ride a TDR as well
maybe the reasons why you think there heaps of crap.
and if ya havent owned one then comment means sht

i own a wr450f, and it is awesome. but as you can see i still gave an unbiased comment plus is he didnt include any homo bikes :p

the 310 is a bigger 250 not a smaller 450 if that makes sense,

its all about you really mate go sit on them, get a feel for which one you thinks would suit you better,

if yamaha has served you so well then why stray??
________
BUY VAPORIZERS

Last edited:
I have ridden all 3 bikes mentioned.

The Husky's are awesome bikes to ride bbbbuuuuttttt......

As stated the 310 is just a 250 with bore kit. Light and nimble but coming off a 400 will probably lack a bit of power for you.
Both bikes have average marzhoccis forks. Very hard to tune. Heard a lot of guys complain. I think the 2010 bikes have switched to kyabb which are unreal as zhoccis are no more.
The WR450 is a good all round bike but IMO the Husky 450 beats it easily in the power stakes. Is a bit more fun to ride. The also hold a bit better resale as they aren't a dime a dozen like WR450's.

I would go an 2010 Husky 450. You will be a happy camper and have your change of scenary. :D

^^^ pfft Brand whore. lol. Trust Barryman to go with the elitist, expensive and "look at me" brand.. ha ha ha...
I'd have to agree with Barryman's opinions on the Husky's being a bit average in the handling department, and they are a very different animal to ride compared to a jap bike... The huskies have always been a little quirky, and weird to sit on etc... jumping off of the Yammies, it will feel like an odd duck indeed...
The Husky will have better resale, but getting parts for them isnt quite as easy, being as there are 5 yammie dealerships for every one husky shop in rAdelaide..

Mind you, if you are doing more road kilometers than dirt kilometers, i'd steer towards the Yammie... and as you said, you know what your up against with maintaining a yammie... and the latest WRF is a somewhat different animal from the original 400... suspension and handling is light years ahead, and you have about 8hp extra, without 8hp extra worth of arm pump and getting the **** beaten out of you by the forks... they're pretty smooth and fast wihout being overly aggressive...

Plus i think you need to wear a cravat if you buy a Husky...

Still heaps better than a poofter HomoCRF-X...

Considered the KXF450 traillie thingy?

yeah the new klx450f's are a nice bike too...and there power is very comparable to most other 450's..

oh and bring on the husky 450, ill smack 1 up through the forestry against my wr450f. and lol just so its fair i wont fix my 5th gear.... :)

go the Husky 4 fitty, its time for a change. Plus the Huskys look so damn sexy :) Dont get me wrong the WR's are great bikes but every John Dick and Harry has one. so thats why Id go the husky :)

Never really liked the Kwakas... And there arnet all that many Kawasaki dealers either.

Bills Motorcycles is only like 5-10 mins from my house. And they sell the entire range of them. So spares etc is no problem.

Yes, I checked it out last night, the 450 has new shocks. But I THINK the 310 still has zoccies.
Well I deffinitly dont want to have any less power, so I suppose I can rule the 310 out.

The majority of my riding is trails that range from sand to rocks to hard pack dirt all in the same day. Not too much road riding really.

The 2010 Kuskys have gone from wet sump to dry sump as well. What is the 2010 WR450F?

Thanks for the advice motorman.

if you just want somethign differnet, i'd go the husky... most of the 4fifs are a level playing field nowadays, except the CRF-X's, which bat for the wrong side, ha ha, but you cant really go wrong with either of the bikes...
comes down to personal preference really... i'd go the WRF purely for proven reliability and ease of maintenance... plus my body may have moulded itself to only fit on yamahas now... :(

Latest posts

Back