HELP CHOOSING SOME NEW FORKS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomaszBurcon

Reaction score
Hey guys

well the time has come to upgrade my forks on my 88
it had red baron g1's on it but i have broken them :mmph:

so i am in the market for some new forks i would realy like some
either:

redbaron g2
sano lt6
speed forks
marzocchi shivers

so my question is what would you guys recommend?
and were can i get them?

but the problem is i dont have $1000 too spend on forks so i would love to be able to get some 2nd hand forks. So if you are selling some or know someone selling some please contact me!

ps.i have a genuine billet thumpster frame

Last edited:
your going to need a whole new front end tommy, forks , wheel clamp , as dont thinkn you will be able to use any of the old 1s as its all pretty much meant to go together.
Keep saving and get these , will prob nearlly end up costing you that much anyways , unless to get complete front end, and be 2nd hand

There the ones on the china's..

15mm axle etc.. no front wheel or no front brakes .

These are the crf 50 ones (have and always will come with front brake setup and most of the time your choice of 10 or 12" front wheel including tyre/tube..)

Marzocchi Shiver 35mm FORKS XR 50 CRF 50 New in Box | eBay

and thats a good price for brand new too , i heard they arnt making the klx marzocchies anymore so could be the same story for the crf50 ones too .

yeah ok thanks for your help, how did you get you speeds?

Speedies dont come cheap. them zochis at $1150 will be cheaper and you cant afford them.

you'll have to shop around in the states for speedies if your serious about them, send of emails for quotes and lead times. I got my set with Fasterminis but that was back in 2007

I got lucky , found a complete Fast50 roller , frame/shock / wheels / disc brakes f/r / speedforks and barkit for like $1000 on ebay.

wow what a find well thanks for the help if you know anyone parting msg me!

gotta be very quick.. avg price on speedies in australia 2nd hand seems to be around $700 if and when they do pop up only seen 2 sold last year they are near on $1100 new plus freight

I have seen some zhoccis on sale for $700 a few times. Just gotta keep an eye out.

yeah ok kool i have been checking these sites :

miniriders
fmx aus
ebay
boostercruising

is there anywere else i should be looking? and if you here of anyone selling please msg me motorman.

Latest posts

Back