Help Finding A Welder?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderburr

Reaction score
i am looking for a tig welding machine that has a plasma cutter built in but i am only looking to spend between $1200-$1500.......if you guys have any suggestions or ideas i would appreciate it alot....thanx

Not sure about the plasma cutter, but there are a couple of decent tig welders on ebay from time to time.

What are you expecting to do with it, as this would be a good bit of information, whether you need a hobby one or a commercial one.

Thanx for the help but i have already gotten a welder from a company named longevity out in cali.....i got it for a pretty reasonable price and a 5 year warranty i mean its just awesome to me....check out some of the welds i did with my new machine im glad i spent my money on it...:afro::afro::afro::afro:

Attachments

• forum pic 2.jpg
    forum pic 2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 28
  • forum pic 1.jpg
    forum pic 1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 25
  • forum pic 4.jpg
    forum pic 4.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 21
  • forum pic 5.jpg
    forum pic 5.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 22
  • forum pic 6.jpg
    forum pic 6.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 23
  • forum pic 7.jpg
    forum pic 7.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 21
actually im in the us....by boily do you mean boilermaker? no just a hobbyist

I figured you were in the US ... Over here we have 240 volt 10 ~ 15 AMP domestic power supply and 415 volt 3 phase 20 ~ 40 AMP Industrial power supply ... so our machines are built to suit ...

What do you have ? ... 110~120 volt domestic ? ...

Over here most people think of general welders as "Boilermakers" ... A true boilermaker is a highly skilled welder/fabricator with the ability to do x-ray quality pressure vessel fabrication ...

there's a little more you'll need to look into then just buying a TIG welder for $1200 - 1500 what do you want to weld do you want to weld aluminium because then you'll need an AC/DC high frequency welder which for a good one youll be looking at around $3000. if you buy a big welder you will possibly need access to 3 phase power not all homes have it, (if you have a large ducted Air Con you probably will) most tig welders for a hobbiest wont need 3 phase though.
But then you've got equipment cost you'll need an argon regulater kit with hose, pressure and flow reg, also you'll need a bottle argon to do your welding you'll aslo need filler wire if you you plan on welding any more then sheet metal youll also need electrodes for your TIG torch and if you've never done it before youll definitly need access to a bench grinder or linisher to sharpen the electrodes because as a beginner 100 % gaurentee youll burn out the electrodes also make sure your grinding wheel can handle tungsten carbide to sharpen the electodes.

or do you just want an arc (stick) welder which you could get yourself a decent one for around $400 - 500 and a box of electrodes for around $45

i have a 220v outlet and about a 40 amp breaker....i will be welding aluminum and it has to have a tig and plasma cutter built in doesn't really matter what else is built in

Latest posts

Back