Help finding axle bolt

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nafe

Reaction score
Hey guys, im trying to replace the rear axle bolt in my 250cc.

Its a 15mm Diameter and roughly 260- 275mm long depending on what tensioners im using.

The only problem is all the bolt shops here only stock 12 , 14 ,16 mm bolts

so im trying to source one from an old jap bike (xr 250 for example)

Can anyone tell me or possibly point me in the direction of a site that has the specs on different year xr 250`s so i can match sizes?

Cheers guys

yeah ive asked a few people on ebay who are selling old jap parts, havent heard anything so far.

I tried 4 bolt shops this morning and 2 bike shops last saturday to no avail.

Il wait untill i get some sort of reply through ebay then head to a wreckers in altona as a last resort (i assume ebay will be cheaper).

cheers guys

i would think the wreckers would be?? try a car wreckers as well,(ring first and see if they have any old bike laying around. as sometimes they do...

Dam that sucks then.....hmmm could you machine a mm of the 16mm axle you can get, bit of a fark about but seems like your running out options, just an idea

what bike is this axle for?
chances are they know get a better idea or maybe even have one floating around.

post a pic of your bike mate...

Heres a picture of the bastard that keeps stuffing me around. Ive bent 1 axle bolt when i put on a bigger sprocket and didnt cut off the chain tensioner, Second bolt got severly bent when the chain tensioner cam got bent out of shape. So now im onto my 3rd.

1st i got from the seller on ebay, second i got from Laverton Market but now neither have any more nor are they getting any more

back.jpg

Latest posts

Back